It would be funny if it wasn't so sad

Patch 7 has literally broken Odyssey for many players, myself included.

When hitting the start button in the launcher, I just get an instant refresh of the launcher. Access denied.

Having been part of this game since premium beta I probably should have known. But apparently this game is getting worse and worse by the update. :unsure:

What a joke.

UPDATE: Patch 7.01 granted me access to Odyssey. So there's that.

IWqa2Te.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep - tearing, stuttering, CTD often, glitchy textures and weird methods of ‘hiding’ pixelated textures but running glitch noise over them. Tile lines on verticals. Crashing on entering ship, crashing on exiting ship, crashing on scanning a plant. Frame rate lower. SRV Ui all over the place. Still have tile glitches on SRV and SHIP surface radar.

I dont usually moan much but this is Obviously worse than 6.

Yep - tearing, stuttering, CTD often, glitchy textures and weird methods of ‘hiding’ pixelated textures but running glitch noise over them. Tile lines on verticals. Crashing on entering ship, crashing on exiting ship, crashing on scanning a plant. Frame rate lower. SRV Ui all over the place. Still have tile glitches on SRV and SHIP surface radar.

I dont usually moan much but this is Obviously worse than 6.
At least you actually made it in... to the train wreck...

giphy.gif

Patch 7 has literally broken Odyssey for many players, myself included.

When hitting the start button in the launcher, you just get an instant refresh of the launcher. Access denied.

Having been part of this game since premium beta I probably should have known. But apparently this game is getting worse and worse by the update. :unsure:

What a joke.

IWqa2Te.jpeg

Could you not have posted this in any of the other concern threads?

I meant no offence I'm just curious as to why you needed to start another useless concern thread when there is another two on the go.

It's not Facebook ya know.
None taken. Honestly I think FDs development skills for this title are pathetic bordering on silly, and that fact deserves all the publicity it can get on this forum.

Remember when the game was initially released? It was bare bones and quirky, but it worked. The worst debacle was who killed who at Leesti....

Elite: Dangerous as a franchise seems to be completely off the rails. A train wreck. And it saddens and angers me. :confused:

Last edited:
None taken. Honestly I think FDs development skills for this title are pathetic bordering on silly, and that fact deserves all the publicity it can get on this forum.

Remember when the game was initially released? It was barebones and quirky, but it worked. The worst debacle was who killed who at Leesti....

Elite: Dangerous as a franchise seems to be completely off the rails. A train wreck. And it saddens and angers me. :confused:
Meme (5).jpg

Update 7 is not an enjoyable experience.
I am of the opinion that odyssey will never play at 60fps. This update is worse for me and SS is only set to one.
I can’t recall anyone asking for an FPS. Elite feet yes, running around shooting each other, no. Frontier have a big hole to dig themselves out of. Meanwhile I for one have lost my sense of humour.

Flimley

Deleted member 182079

D
All works fine here.. Except megaship piracy is broken (again)

Hope you solve it OP
Broken again where? In Odyssey? Or in Horizons (where it was never really fixed)?

I hoped this QoL/improvements update for Horizons would include megaship looting, but I couldn't see it in the patch notes, so...

Has FD acknowledged that engineered weapons are now broken? Sorry, on the road so didn’t have chance to check around too much.

Top Bottom