It's a new week, let's talk Elite!

Hi Zac,
few weeks i opened a thread where i asked if Frontier has plans tho update the ED manual, or issue an Odyssey manual ?, unfortunately i doesn´t captured the attention of some Frontier official. Second attemp, are there plans to issue or update the (written) elite/odyssey manual ?. Some of us find watching youtube viedos boring and prefer something to study with black on white.
thx

I have a small idea about genetic sampler:

For the first circle, put the unlock play back, then you already have the 1/3 basic gene. For the other two circle, make them into a bonus add-ons.

Or once you unlocked the first circle, the other circles can reduce the distance between the other two samples.

Deleted member 110222

D
I'm just doing everything I can to make as little credits as possible.

I suspect many people here won't know the joy that is taking a Sidewinder across the core systems, and that trip taking a week to do.

And it's fun thanks to stopping at every station along the way and picking up a few missions.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Hi Zac,
few weeks i opened a thread where i asked if Frontier has plans tho update the ED manual, or issue an Odyssey manual ?, unfortunately i doesn´t captured the attention of some Frontier official. Second attemp, are there plans to issue or update the (written) elite/odyssey manual ?. Some of us find watching youtube viedos boring and prefer something to study with black on white.
thx

Good feedback, I've passed it on.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
I'm just doing everything I can to make as little credits as possible.

I suspect many people here won't know the joy that is taking a Sidewinder across the core systems, and that trip taking a week to do.

And it's fun thanks to stopping at every station along the way and picking up a few missions.
There's joy to be had in the simple things!

While i find that the forum is full of that info, a comprehensive list with clearly set rules would perhaps help getting more focused feedback. All in all, not just asking the active players, but those who left, for their feedback is a good thing to do.

A great example on how well that could go is Elder Scrolls Online. That thing, at launch, was a steaming pile of biowaste. Similar to Odyssey at launch, it had a very unique combination of bugs, technical problems and design flaws. It drove players away quickly. Many other publishers would have shut down the game after a year of such a terrible launch. Instead they listened to the community, and not just to those who stayed, but even more to those who have left. And did a lot of rework on the game. And 'lo and behold, while it took them 3 years of hard work, they managed to turn it into an awesome game and by now, as far as we players know, also a very healthy and financially successful one.

I so much hope that Odyssey can go through a similar cycle, and hopefully even faster than within 3 years.
Seeing for example Drew Wagars Thread disappeared off to a dead part of the forum and eventually locked instead of being used to create open honest discussion was a bit concerning at least for me.

Last edited:
Also you know how you used to do videos for cmdrs learning how to fly?

Some of those would be great for Odyssey and luckily for you there is a cmdr here called @Ydiss who has done practically that regarding stealth (I am not affilited with him) But here is his channel, his videos are of the quality of the original Elite instructional videos and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone learning stealth in Odyssey.

Perhaps you could do a tie up with him? @Zac Cocken

Deleted member 110222

D
There's joy to be had in the simple things!
While you're here, I spotted a bug whilst at it.

When you do an on-foot salvage mission, the mission item is not taken from your inventory after completing the mission until you log out. Problem is that as it turns out, if you instead go to a barkeep before logging out, you can sell that mission item as well as get the mission rewards. Seems a bit of an exploit.

Just noticed it today.

For the FAOFF aspiration, join in with the Newton's gambit guys and go hooning in horizons with them. Helps you learn fast, and once you get control all the other stuff gets easy 👍

I'm another of those terrible players with 2 active accounts... 1 each in bubble & Colonia... And would like to add my 2p worth on the lack of Odyssey engineers in Colonia 😤
I did take my FC to & from the bubble to do some basic engineering, but we really do need our own in Colonia, please.

Otherwise, I've not played Odyssey since lunchtime - but do have another few 'Covert' (not set off alarms) missions to do later, I'll blame you, personally, for the trail of deceased NPCs left behind - but at least the alarms wouldn't have sounded 🥳

No Odyssey gameplay for me this week. I will be trading, hauling and bounty hunting in CNB's maybe visiting some abandoned settlements. Just chilling

o7 Commanderinos,

I don't know about you, but I need a bit of a distraction from this monstrosity of heat in the UK right now, so let's talk some Elite!

What are your plans in-game for the week? What are you enjoying at the moment? What's not so great?

Got any feedback or suggestions for me? Any FA-OFF advice? Stream ideas?

I'm particularly interested in knowing the ship you recommend learning FA-OFF in, something cheap please!

I'm all ears for the next couple of hours!
Just sitting in space, patiently waiting for a console release that I'm truly not convinced is ever going to happen 😒.

Also I've taken to trying pvp in small ships against whatever other cmdrs bring to the table.

Also also, flying in to a airless world's gravity well, disabling my thrusters, hoping in my slf and trying my hardest to dock my fighter while my ship is in free fall. Good times

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
While you're here, I spotted a bug whilst at it.

When you do an on-foot salvage mission, the mission item is not taken from your inventory after completing the mission until you log out. Problem is that as it turns out, if you instead go to a barkeep before logging out, you can sell that mission item as well as get the mission rewards. Seems a bit of an exploit.

Just noticed it today.

Could you stick that on the Issue Tracker please? https://issues.frontierstore.net/

More Feedback. It's great what you guys are doing now, taking time to talk to us. This really is the way forward and wanna say thanks. Gotta be vocal to fix this game but also wanna be vocal when you are doing something right too!

Keep it up, like you said, we all want the same thing. Just want this game to be great.

Top Bottom