I've always thought it was a stair... it's a lift instead! (Krait)

TJ7TXBH.png

If you look closely, all ships have angled lifts now. And unless I'm going senile, they all used to have either stairs or escalators.

So this either shows FD can't animate Cmdrs using stairs, or they have taken into account climbing stairs in hi-g would be very strenuous and impractical.

Well spotted. Another clue that the next big update could well be legs!

[video=youtube_share;6ygT9jsxBdQ]https://youtu.be/6ygT9jsxBdQ[/video]

I think that all of these people hoping for space legs will be disappointed. There isn't enough to do with ships let alone legs, although great improvements have been made recently which are much appreciated the future is more likely to be one of build your own base. DBOBE has hinted as much in previous interviews.

...build your own base. DBOBE has hinted as much in previous interviews.

Up until NMS added this I would never have seen the attraction. Now however I think it's a great idea, and given what FDev have achieved with Planet Coaster I'd like to think that (...if they ever did this, and I'm far from certain that they will...) it would be great fun.

I think that all of these people hoping for space legs will be disappointed. There isn't enough to do with ships let alone legs, although great improvements have been made recently which are much appreciated the future is more likely to be one of build your own base. DBOBE has hinted as much in previous interviews.

Sure would be fun to walk around your own base,don't you think?

If you look closely, all ships have angled lifts now. And unless I'm going senile, they all used to have either stairs or escalators.

The Cutter used to have a very fine set of stairs that came down at the front. Have they changed also?

The change definitely indicates something, probably as said, that it is difficult to program commanders legging it upstairs in different g conditions. That would help to explain why the commander entered his ship via the lift/elevator in that famous previous teaser trailer.

VR Players will have to get one of these stairlifts installed when Legs comes out ! :D

[I'm replying to Tarman's Stannah Stairlift image ... but the forum page is not co-operating]

Achilles7

Banned
Manufactured & installed by Stannah especially for the Elite target demographic!

Oh no!...yet more rep bridges burned! [big grin]

EDIT: Ninja'd...a few times...one of the concomitants of visiting the forums only once per day!

Last edited:
The Cutter used to have a very fine set of stairs that came down at the front. Have they changed also?

The change definitely indicates something, probably as said, that it is difficult to program commanders legging it upstairs in different g conditions. That would help to explain why the commander entered his ship via the lift/elevator in that famous previous teaser trailer.

It's also surprisingly hard to make a 3d human climb stairs without their feet clipping all over the place. If this is some sort of ground work for spacelegs, I commend fdev on the ingenious solution.

I think you're right.

I could spend all day going up and down the lifts going "Wheeeeeee!".

My assumption is that it's a consequence of the stilts-landing-gear SRV update. Steps or not, I too remember most ships having long loading ramps, but once those got pushed past 45degs*, it would have made sense to convert them to inclinators.

Kinda makes me wonder if FDEV really designs their ships with "all future gameplay in mind", seeing how the SRV has had such a big impact in the end.

*actually I'm reading the desired angle is somewhere around 35degs

Top Bottom