PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Great fights, although first time did he run into you? Never good in an FDL. On the plus side at least he didn't have those bloody scramble spectrum lasers, they annoy the hell out of me 😀

I made more than cr300 million in Void opals over the last couple of days so I'm feeling flush to come back fightin'
I hate your scramble build, just sayin' :p
Nice vids!
Good to see Fer-de-lancegarbage ships getting horribly wrecked as the bad ships for FDL fanbois they are!
Thoroughly enjoyed!
Thx Falter, nice to hear that from one of the hull tank experts out there :)

I still think the FDS is outclassed against Furrylances, but if you manage to drop the shields you can see how brittle they are.
At least the dual SCB builds. I'm convinced the dual HRP/prismatic build is much better, even if frowned upon.
The Dropship is a fantastic stable platform for Plasmas though, at least with my Hotas I can't hit anything with my FdL even if it
has more firepower then the FDS, but it's just to jittery to pilot FAoff with Hotas for me.
The FDS though… I'm quite proud I managed to hit that FdL a lot of times.

I wonder if I should put on a single feedback cascade Rail/ImpHammer to stop banking :unsure:

My experience fighting against you is that you tend to get quite a lot of damage from the phasing spectrum wearing down my hull before the shields drop, which can take a while. I would guess this could be quite effective against those FDL's?

Having been on the end of that when I run lasers or PA's I make sure I have at least one, if not two, phasing, as well as the scramble. I'm not sure if the rails would add more? The practice sometimes being different to the raw numbers?

My experience fighting against you is that you tend to get quite a lot of damage from the phasing spectrum wearing down my hull before the shields drop, which can take a while. I would guess this could be quite effective against those FDL's?

Having been on the end of that when I run lasers or PA's I make sure I have at least one, if not two, phasing, as well as the scramble. I'm not sure if the rails would add more? The practice sometimes being different to the raw numbers?
You either go full phasing or not at all imho. A sole phasing pulse simply doesn't do enough damage to matter.
And yes, my phasing FdL works wonders against those hull skipping dual SCB builds, because they both have little hull and keep their shields
up, allowing me to do constant hull damage with efficient pulses at all ranges up to 3 km (phasing is absolute without falloff) while
simultaneously letting me focus on orbitting and evading.

With the FDS and the rail the idea is the complete opposite, I want to drop their shields fast to do massive hull damage with the PAs,
so I want to feedback cascade their SCBs to deny the use of banking (shield regeneration).

Now that you know that, I have to gank you though :p

No worries, please gank my Krait! 😀 Not my miningconda 😭 if I'm in my FGS I've been seal clubbing NPC's for fun- ganking that is fine except its all gimballed!

Falter

Banned
Thx Falter, nice to hear that from one of the hull tank experts out there :)

I still think the FDS is outclassed against Furrylances, but if you manage to drop the shields you can see how brittle they are.
At least the dual SCB builds. I'm convinced the dual HRP/prismatic build is much better, even if frowned upon.
The Dropship is a fantastic stable platform for Plasmas though, at least with my Hotas I can't hit anything with my FdL even if it
has more firepower then the FDS, but it's just to jittery to pilot FAoff with Hotas for me.
The FDS though… I'm quite proud I managed to hit that FdL a lot of times.

I wonder if I should put on a single feedback cascade Rail/ImpHammer to stop banking :unsure:

You're welcome. As for the rest of that:
eh Not really. I don't think the FDL outclasses anything really, least of all Federal Murderbricks.
She's (the Fer-de-e) got an easily exploitable poor maneuverability arc, massive boost and turn lag, she relies on boost to even move herself in PvP, and gets out turned by anything or anyone with half a brain stem. That's why you still see me to this day doing a bit of ribbing at FDL pilots who complain about drag effects. It's like a big ole': "Hello! If I don't like the drag effect as an FDL, it means I cant' fly without using my boost!"
("What are laterals," taunt, essentially.)
The ship's fast, and it has a lot of shields, but it's like the Smolensk from World of Warships:
IE: it's a crutch ship that typically I think is defaulted too only because it's easy to fly, not because it's a good ship. If it were good, it wouldn't be so outdone by literally, everything!
(Looking at you PvP matches which ban over half the modules in the game with double standards. Best joke ever, IMO.)
Heh "PvP Tournament with half the modules and all of the FDL counters banned." Good joke.
And, if you got that Lance's shields down as low as you did, then pat yourself on the back. You had to kill more shields than you had total hitpoints.
(4 pips to sys giving that lance 2.38 times the base joules of his shield either way.)
If he had the base META prism, then you essentially chewed through 6000 - 7200 joules of pip maco'ing FDL'ness.

Either way, good vids. And, yeah, you're definitely deserved of the high praise!
As for the rail question, quite possibly. You could easily get away with it on that FDS.
If I could be so bold, I think you don't give yourself enough credit.
Lances get out turned along their lateral arcs. I think you would have more easily had that FDL pilot had you stayed along his lateral which makes it easy to just peg them in their jousts.
Lances can't control vectors along anything but pitch and vertical.They bleed speed off and stall.
And even putting pressure with 4 PAs and a Railgun from a FDS will allow you to easily pip starve a lance if you can stay along its lateral arc.

Be easy on him, he's learning. But learning well :)

Thanks @Bigmaec, I need the practice! if I'm in anything like a combat ship I welcome a gank any time! I'll always fight 1v1, just for fun- bring it on!

I find people don't attack combat ships much, I even tried relocating to Shin Dez and putting out messages calling everyone a bunch of useless bums- they left me to it!

I still love the FGS but it got shown to me that it's not the best PvP ship out there! By the way, what does MEGA even stand for!?

Falter

Banned
Thanks @Bigmaec, I need the practice! if I'm in anything like a combat ship I welcome a gank any time! I'll always fight 1v1, just for fun- bring it on!

I find people don't attack combat ships much, I even tried relocating to Shin Dez and putting out messages calling everyone a bunch of useless bums- they left me to it!

I still love the FGS but it got shown to me that it's not the best PvP ship out there! By the way, what does MEGA even stand for!?
MEGA = Most Effective Gunship Available.
(IE: My PvP Gunship build which eats everyone.)
Also, no. I don't gank, so if you actually fought me 1v1, then it'd be honorable per terms.
I'm not the average META garbo. Send me a friend request in game if you wish, or just follow the screeching at me in chat.

But yeah, she (the build and my FGS,) goes by many names:
MEGA
Shinobu Oshino
Kiss Shot
Sans-Lins
Heart Under Blade
Entropy
Acerola-Orion

MEGA (the name itself) is literally just a mockery and play on words at the way the main PvP crowd call anything related to the FDL "META" for "Most Effective Tactic Available." A mockery since MEGA hard counters everything META related.
In other words, the idea of META lances is literally proven to be false due to how easily countered META is. Anyone who says otherwise in the face of MEGA is deluding themselves.
The build itself is universal and easily adaptable as it's a template that can make use of even the most obtuse weapon configurations, and can even very easily be translated to still be effective in Jumpship form too.
She has higher damage than most META lance builds, turns better than all lances (since Gunship,) with her only main disadvantage being her inability to chase ships or close distance, and her lack of ease of access for piloting the build.
You really can't rely on the standards for most ships, that being pitch and roll. A problem lots of newish pilots who fly MEGA often run into.
(Saw someone using a variant on EDC the other day get his canopy blown out like 3 or 4 times in 1v1s due to his FAon pitching.) Those kinds of simple, elementary mistakes.
There's a lot of different configs you can run MEGA in too. That's why she's such a good template.
As some pilots have coined: MEGA is META, and META bows to MEGA.

Last edited:

Falter

Banned
@Falter will look you up when I log in... Can you post your build? I'd love to shamelessly copy it! 😃

That's the main template ^

My CMDR name changed recently as Support helped me change it to try to get away from a certain "crowd" of people doing some questionably...immoral actions.
Heart_Under Blade is what I'm now known by in-game.
(I'll still answer to Falter though.)

(Tangenting a bit.)
Did you know I found a meme'ish quote by one of the 'META' "experts" who was discussing the FGS recently. Kinda' made me laugh at how just so bad and disinformationed the information that pilot was giving.

unknown.png

I was sitting there reading his bulleted points all like . . . "Bro!? Do you even Gunship?"
Clearly the guy hadn't ever really flown the thing, since it was mostly all wrong! Like, hilariously so!
It was like running into one of the META pilots and having them tell you that corrosive gives you +20% extra damage to all guns when shooting hull.
Same type of whimsical nonsense that META pushes on people to either hide the use of their premium ammo, or to help try to claim that hull tanks or ships which defeat their FDL 'META' are bad.

But yeah, toss me a FR in game, if it doesn't go through, just PM me your CMDR name or w/e and I'll toss it your way. If you're flying in Shinrarta, more than likely you'll see people screeching at me in system chat if I'm online. It's the way that it goes.

Hull tank FGS bought to the fight! I'm running all 5 G4 long range pulse all with scramble spectrum- I need to go to the mat trader when I can get myself there. The two smalls are long range rails, I know it's not the greatest ship but it sure is fun!

It's running nearly 5000 hp of hull, with minimum 40% resistances, which seems enough to hang around against most attacks, even if they drop my shields with torps... Basically I sit and wait till they run out of ammo! When I do drop their shields those lasers will be all sorts of fun!

Falter

Banned
Hull tank FGS bought to the fight! I'm running all 5 G4 long range pulse all with scramble spectrum- I need to go to the mat trader when I can get myself there. The two smalls are long range rails, I know it's not the greatest ship but it sure is fun!

It's running nearly 5000 hp of hull, with minimum 40% resistances, which seems enough to hang around against most attacks, even if they drop my shields with torps... Basically I sit and wait till they run out of ammo! When I do drop their shields those lasers will be all sorts of fun!
Sustain is decent . . never seen it do too well against MEGA, but that sounds like an interesting setup. 5000 hull, so I presume double MRP and no SLF bay? (Usually single MRP and no SLF is 5400 hull.)
I might recommend changing to the single MRP over the double configuration to keep your modules alive if that's the case. Generally two MRPs will drain you of module integrity faster than just having a single fit to your armor's total and required size.

@Falter thanks for the advice, that's exactly what I did, bit of fine tuning always helps.

I do quite like having the SLF - I regard it as another hardpoint that hits more frequently - but I know it can cause lag so I dropped it

I didn't look you u up as I'm based in Colonia, but if you ever come this way drop by Carcosa

Last edited:
Sounds excellent! Now I'm jealous running my old laptop, oh well, I'll try to take my frustrations out on those CL76 guys while you bask in superior graphics! 😃

Thinking about it... now might be a chance to win a fight if your muscle memory from your old rig leads to a mistake or two!

Last edited:
Sounds excellent! Now I'm jealous running my old laptop, oh well, I'll try to take my frustrations out on those CL76 guys while you bask in superior graphics! 😃

Thinking about it... now might be a chance to win a fight if your muscle memory from your old rig leads to a mistake or two!
I just changed the Desktop, rest is the same :p

Top Bottom