PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Drop the AFMU for a module reinforcement, don't bother trying to nurse one through a 1v1. Engagement time and the exceedingly limited ability to disengage doesn't warrant having an AFMU over better protection. I would give complex advice but it'll come to this: don't duel a prismatic FDL with a bi-weave dropship with fixed multicannons :p not much evasion a dropship can do, just tank damage and hope and pray. Especially if you're running fixed which cuts down you ability to evade damage at the same time as getting it out yourself.
I fly The Dropship because I like it, not to win.
I know I have no real chance against prismo FdL. I comfort myself I have only 1/4 of the rebuy, so I can effectively fight them 4 times 😄

my dropship is a packhound platform but I seem to recall morbad testing it and finding that multiple packhounds launched at once don't actually achieve anything since they hit each other and you're better off staggering the launches or something so it's been mothballed for a while

my dropship is a packhound platform but I seem to recall morbad testing it and finding that multiple packhounds launched at once don't actually achieve anything since they hit each other and you're better off staggering the launches or something so it's been mothballed for a while
I have four Pack-hounds, on my FDL, sometimes. I set up two options: Two fire groups, one has them spilt into pairs and the other, all four together. I have to say, that simply based on missile use. The spilt pairs, are a better option.

Deleted member 182079

D
May as well ask this here... Got pulled by a bi-weave Fer de Lame earlier, he briefly shot at me with MCs so far so usual but one boosted ram took 25% out of my hull (about 4000 in my FGS admittedly a non optimised PvE build, and I already was down to 85% when he engaged me, after returning to base from testing that build in a CNB).

Is that normal? I don't know but there's something quite annoying about getting rammed and losing so much in one go. May as well not fit any weapons but a massive spiked bullbar instead!

Deleted member 182079

D
I decided to stay (until the inevitable demise of my ship) just to see how I'd fare. I did get him down to 1 ring but realised pretty quick I didn't have enough of a health pool to draw from so fought a losing battle from the get go. Oh well.

When there's a critical war for system control at stake, every CMDR you don't know is potentially working for the enemy. You don't get a criminal status for working CZs, so yes, clean CMDRs are also suspect. You'd know this if you had a clue. As BigM was doing the scans, I was trying to hail him with simple questions about his intent in the system. He didn't respond.

Of course we pursued - running instead of answering my comms implies he had something to hide. Again, if you had a clue you'd know this is standard practice when a system is in conflict and you're trying to win the war.

I don't think BigM's here to impress sanctimonious bystanders. Thanks to his efforts and those of our other pilots, we won control of the system with a Total Victory, and that's what matters to us.

Did you give him enough time to type? Some people play in VR and can't touch type. So why didn't you send a voice com to them?

Also a FDL with PA in all slots vs a vulture is overkill and a griefer/ gank in my book, plus you was in a wing so 2vs1. Yeah go get them big man. (sarcasm off).

Did you give him enough time to type? Some people play in VR and can't touch type. So why didn't you send a voice com to them?

Also a FDL with PA in all slots vs a vulture is overkill and a griefer/ gank in my book, plus you was in a wing so 2vs1. Yeah go get them big man. (sarcasm off).
takes a deep breath...

1) this was in april
2) I didn't even blow him up
3) play in VR, it's your problem
4) he combat logged

sigh

takes a deep breath...

1) this was in april
2) I didn't even blow him up
3) play in VR, it's your problem
4) he combat logged

sigh
They've been popping into pvp threads, including necroing some truly ancient ones, to shake their fist at people for playing differently to them. With the mobius logo in their sig, no less, so I wouldn't pay them much mind. I don't even PvP and this behaviour drove me away from the mobius-like crowd.

So why didn't you send a voice com to them?

I don't have a microphone and if I wasn't already hostile, getting that damned annoying ringing from the space telephone would make me so.

Also a FDL with PA in all slots vs a vulture is overkill and a griefer/ gank in my book

Efficient PAs need to be used at point blank range to be reliable against evasive targets and a Vulture is one of the most evasive ships there is. This sort of engagement can easily be far less one-sided than you presume.

There are certainly quituple PA FDLs in the hands of some pilots where my Vulture wouldn't stand a chance, but they aren't the majority of all PA FDLs.

Deleted member 192138

D
I fly The Dropship because I like it, not to win.
I know I have no real chance against prismo FdL. I comfort myself I have only 1/4 of the rebuy, so I can effectively fight them 4 times 😄
I definitely enjoy flying off-meta, but usually I'll do that in an off-meta fight. Unfortunately the way the game is balanced a lot of fights feel like trying into a hammer in a nail with a banana.

I definitely enjoy flying off-meta, but usually I'll do that in an off-meta fight. Unfortunately the way the game is balanced a lot of fights feel like trying into a hammer in a nail with a banana.
I still wish there was something to break up the shield meta. Think how many experimental effects there are that work on hullstrikes and shields completely protect against, and what is there against shields? A couple of experimentals that attack the shield generator (on very situational weapons, no less) and one that counters banking, what else? A heat one on cannons that used to be stupidly-good then got nerfed into oblivion, I think? Didn't heat cannons still work on hulltanks too? Either way, it doesn't work now and was always useless on NPCs since they don't care about heat. Flechette launchers are a pain to use properly and highly situational, making other weapons more useful for general use.
Compare that to corrosive's crazy 20% damage buff that you can stick on a small utility-hardpoint and comes on the easiest weapons to use out there.

Today I changed my FdLs weapons to quad overcharged incendiaries as @Barnard17 suggested.
Also put in the last few rolls to have them all at 99.9% level (one was at 50% only as I discovered, two others only at roughly 90%)

After that I went to Shin and met one of the G4NK pilots, who is on my friendlist for ages. We quickly met for a friendly, and that happened:

The incendiaries coupled with my new fire group setting worked out pretty well.
Pip management could still be better, but I guess I wasn't caught "pants down" quite as often.

Also I noticed running out of sys cap is ruining my day fast by overheating,
so I have to remember to keep at least half a pip in sys after shields fail, even if they will never recover again.

Still not sure if I shouldn't use the setup I use in Colonia, which is identical except one long range imperial hammer for a multicannon
to cancel banks. As a notoriously crap shot with rails I'm not sure that would be better though.

Even gimbal mc ferdies in duels don't run bi-weaves anymore. I miss Bi-weave META.
What would be the advantage in using a bi-weave?

I'd lose 1100 mj of shields, and switching off the boosters I'd still have 2.5 minutes for the recovery of 500 mj.
And the passive regen of the bi-weave isn't that good to make up the loss, except -perhaps- against a full PA FdL.
Granted, I'd be able to switch to a c5 pp and gain some m/s, but I'm not convinced that is worth it either.

This incident happened way back in April. No-one cares about it now, and no-one cares about your opinion of it.

I don't have a microphone and if I wasn't already hostile, getting that damned annoying ringing from the space telephone would make me so.

Efficient PAs need to be used at point blank range to be reliable against evasive targets and a Vulture is one of the most evasive ships there is. This sort of engagement can easily be far less one-sided than you presume.

There are certainly quituple PA FDLs in the hands of some pilots where my Vulture wouldn't stand a chance, but they aren't the majority of all PA FDLs.
I couldn't even hit you in a Mamba in my FdL, I shudder at the thoughts of engaging your Vulture with an all PA FdL :LOL:

I couldn't even hit you in a Mamba in my FdL, I shudder at the thoughts of engaging your Vulture with an all PA FdL :LOL:

Well, the Mamaba, despite having much worse lateral acceleration, rotationals, and a large profile, can still boost more often and has a considerably higher speed. The Vulture can have some issues controlling distance vs. an FDL.

After I get over this seasonal plague I've acquired from my diseased in-laws, we can have a friendly duel to test things.

I can't remember if it was this thread where someone mentioned it but I finally tried a turreted frag on my 'vette's large hardpoint instead of a fixed and I'm loving it

I tried hi-cap/drag at first which was okay but then I switched it out for rapid/screening and whoa mama this is a dirty brawler gun and I love it
The bulk of my damage is still coming from the top hardpoints but oh boy is it good for ramming

Top Bottom