PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

I can't remember if it was this thread where someone mentioned it but I finally tried a turreted frag on my 'vette's large hardpoint instead of a fixed and I'm loving it

I tried hi-cap/drag at first which was okay but then I switched it out for rapid/screening and whoa mama this is a dirty brawler gun and I love it
The bulk of my damage is still coming from the top hardpoints but oh boy is it good for ramming
I never got warm with it, but I never tested rapid fire / screening either.

Well, on a turret with rapid, it can hammer the fire button faster than I can and it holds its fire until it's right on top of them
Even with the 50% turret tax, it's like that scene out of the bank job where they use a sandblaster on a guy

Well, the Mamaba, despite having much worse lateral acceleration, rotationals, and a large profile, can still boost more often and has a considerably higher speed. The Vulture can have some issues controlling distance vs. an FDL.

After I get over this seasonal plague I've acquired from my diseased in-laws, we can have a friendly duel to test things.
Vulture have no play vs railversky, and it might sound odd but it's much easier to make small ship build that will be unbeatable for ANY Vulture, vice-versa OTOH is much more difficult.

Vulture have no play vs railversky, and it might sound odd but it's much easier to make small ship build that will be unbeatable for ANY Vulture, vice-versa OTOH is much more difficult.

That's the opposite issue of this scenario, where the vulture is trying to keep an all standard-velocity PA setup from staying close enough to make it's shots unavoidable.

Deleted member 192138

D
The incendiaries coupled with my new fire group setting worked out pretty well.
Pip management could still be better, but I guess I wasn't caught "pants down" quite as often.

Also I noticed running out of sys cap is ruining my day fast by overheating,
so I have to remember to keep at least half a pip in sys after shields fail, even if they will never recover again.

Still not sure if I shouldn't use the setup I use in Colonia, which is identical except one long range imperial hammer for a multicannon
to cancel banks. As a notoriously crap shot with rails I'm not sure that would be better though.
The overheating has nothing to do with an empty sys cap. It's because you're sustaining fire as much as possible at 042 and also keeping it going constantly when your weapons cap drops below half - at which point weapons fire produces additional thermal load. Keep your weapons cap higher for long bouts of sustained fire and take the opportunity on the tail end of a joust to get your cap back it. Also do this while your opponent chaffs. There's no point in pushing out fire with gimbals whilst they're chaffing unless you're in a wing and just need to get an experimental pasted on for someone running fixed. It's just a waste of distro and ammo and contributes to your overheating.

I was ganked in Deciat earlier.
But I didn't menu log. No. I am no mundane, forced to menu log or fight back through the medium of virtual spaceships. You are all weak. You are constrained by the boundaries of the material. I will teach you the ultimate strategy for PvP.

Through the psychic backchannels of the universe, I traced the slight amusement felt by my attackers as they watched my ship fly away in a straight line. I detected no malice. It was almost noble. But as I admired this purity of spirit, I detected a sour, discordant note in the ethereal music. It emanated from KillCBears69, who was - and I regret to name and shame - a psychoghoul, feasting on the good-natured fun their 'comrades' were feeling. I would have to deal with them.
Of course, I am an experienced practicioner of psy-judo. It was little effort to channel the (admittedly immense) powers of my mind into pinning the slavering husk's mental projection against an imaginary mat, where I proceeded to break its neck. Its material body jerked in its seat and became still.
Instantly, its comrades realised they were sinful gankers. The realisation of their ways hit them so hard that unfortunately, they all had a heart attack. I am told by observers that I did this using my psychic powers, but I would like to redirect all accusers to the fires of Hell.

Four fewer gankers, two new minds absorbed into my greatness.

I was ganked in Deciat earlier.
But I didn't menu log. No. I am no mundane, forced to menu log or fight back through the medium of virtual spaceships. You are all weak. You are constrained by the boundaries of the material. I will teach you the ultimate strategy for PvP.

Through the psychic backchannels of the universe, I traced the slight amusement felt by my attackers as they watched my ship fly away in a straight line. I detected no malice. It was almost noble. But as I admired this purity of spirit, I detected a sour, discordant note in the ethereal music. It emanated from KillCBears69, who was - and I regret to name and shame - a psychoghoul, feasting on the good-natured fun their 'comrades' were feeling. I would have to deal with them.
Of course, I am an experienced practicioner of psy-judo. It was little effort to channel the (admittedly immense) powers of my mind into pinning the slavering husk's mental projection against an imaginary mat, where I proceeded to break its neck. Its material body jerked in its seat and became still.
Instantly, its comrades realised they were sinful gankers. The realisation of their ways hit them so hard that unfortunately, they all had a heart attack. I am told by observers that I did this using my psychic powers, but I would like to redirect all accusers to the fires of Hell.

Four fewer gankers, two new minds absorbed into my greatness.

1578056272766.png

I never got warm with it, but I never tested rapid fire / screening either.

Well, on a turret with rapid, it can hammer the fire button faster than I can and it holds its fire until it's right on top of them
Even with the 50% turret tax, it's like that scene out of the bank job where they use a sandblaster on a guy

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LB8oBR-uI

I believe it's ever so slightly faster now, as that was pre-3.0's BP. I have some modern ones, they are more of a novelty than anything, but occasionally they do come in handy.

Rapid fire screeching seems very fun, I just worry I would run out of ammo too quick to be useful for anything but duels, if that. I think I'll have to try it...

Deleted member 192138

D
Rapid fire screening is pretty bad for duels where you'd have to tank damage while keeping time on target to get the most out of the DPS and risk having a severe ammo deficit without increasing the damage per shot nor converting it to thermal to deal with MJ stacked shields better. Anecdotally, I also found it runs hotter than overcharged.

Does corrosive increase breach damage? I understand that being on lower hull, and possibly higher piercing increase chance to breach and possibly breach damage respectively, bit does the 25% damage boost increase breach damage too? Additionally, does the piercing increase breach damage, or is hardness ignored when a shot breach the hull?

I just had my first gank happen; I was jumping into Shinrata on my 5.2k hull bi-weave FDS, thought I had my next target set to Jameson, but seems something went wrong during galaxy map selection. Anyway, I arrive at the star, and find out I don't have my destination targeted. While I target it I get interdicted. Tries to fight it a bit, but seem to be losing so submit. I was initially gonna fight back, but when the first hollow triangle gets joined by 3 more in seconds, I try to escape. I didn't have a next system in route and I didn't manage to get one before I started to get FSD and other malfunctions. Needless to say, I ended up paying 2 vopals worth to instantly appear in Jameson, where I was going. Not a big deal.

Tried to friend the one who got the killing blow and sent a message, saying I thought it was a shame that they went wing on my, as it would have been way more interesting fight otherwise. No reponse and then I got removed. Neither did I get any response in local.

I'm not angry, but I'm confused. Where is the fun in going 4v1?
I think maybe I could have escaped if I had another star system to jump to, but I had forgot. So that's something learned for the next time. But I would much rather have had a fight with 1 ship and probably still die, but enjoy the fight and learn to get better.

Hey A.C.,
some people will gank you a few times to see if you are a good sport about it. The best way to react to it is to give them as much of a fight as possible. Holding out against four attackers for even a few minutes is a difficult thing and even shorter fights can teach you a thing about how to approach groups.

Top Bottom