PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Urgh. Today I spend some time in Deciat,
where Andy Polaris and a wingmate were blockading the system in Mambas.
Jumped twice in, got interdicted both times (was in a FdL so no big deal)
First time I jumped out as soon as Andy's wingman dropped, second time I took on the fight
shot at them until my shields crumbled, then jumped out.

GG guys!

Any tips what to do if in a clear (no asteroids) instance under fire by two+?
I couldn't really decide what pip management to do, I was all the time under fire and
couldn't be really evasive either.
Generally I tend to bog out when the odds are 2v1 or worse, what do the experts do in these circumstances?

First time I jumped out as soon as Andy's wingman dropped, second time I took on the fight

GG guys!

I couldn't really decide what pip management to do, I was all the time under fire and
Generally I tend to bog out when the odds are 2v1 or worse, what do the experts do in these circumstances?

Nothing you can really do against two faster and similarly potent ships piloted by experienced CMDRs (and I know Andy knows what he's doing) if you are alone caught in the open.

Escape and evade until you can find a friend or try to get them to follow your some place where they'll be at a disadvantage.

As for pip management, at least one of your opponents is going to have essentially unrestricted fire at all times, so your ability to go on the offensive will be very limited.

Thinking more about this it mildly annoys me, I would welcome a 1v1 gank anytime I'm in my combat ship. But, of course, it seldom happens.

If anyone is in Colonia and I'm in my FGS or Krait or Challenger go right ahead and pile in. Crimes against me are always set to off! But please go 1v1 and its game on!

I can always do a little more mining to cover my rebuys!

Thinking more about this it mildly annoys me, I would welcome a 1v1 gank anytime I'm in my combat ship. But, of course, it seldom happens.

If anyone is in Colonia and I'm in my FGS or Krait or Challenger go right ahead and pile in. Crimes against me are always set to off! But please go 1v1 and its game on!

I can always do a little more mining to cover my rebuys!
It's not a gank if it's 1v1 😜

GG guys!

If you've ever seen any of my comments about a guy that tried to gank me when I first started on PC, then removed me from his friends list and blocked me when I came back for revenge a couple weeks later, it's Andy Polaris' wingmate that I'm referring to.

GG guys!

Also I think the best tactic against a 2v1 would be to ask me join you 😜 Especially if it's those two. I'm not salty but I would like some sweet revenge

Looking back at the OP @Bigmaec what's your aim like now with 5 PA's on an FDL? Would you get the Vulture now?

Frankly I'm practicing on NPC's with mine, I'm OK with focused PA's because of the faster shot speed, but efficient? Can't hit an Anaconda from point blank!

Deleted member 192138

D
tbh I wouldn't bother with Polaris. Even if you were to win he'll just go to Cenicennino to get raw mats stocked up for premiums and then come back at it.

1v2 is all about flying defensively. It's much harder in open space. Kite opponents to keep them clustered together, so they come from the same direction. Bunch them up to make it so that you can manage better when damage will be incoming so you can have an easier time with pip management. If you can't do that then you probably won't win. Made harder against opponents in fast ships like Mambas that will keep speed with you while you're kiting them. Use your better manoeuvrability rather than trying to outpace them. Push them to have to turn tighter than the Mamba can keep up with, I guess.

Looking back at the OP @Bigmaec what's your aim like now with 5 PA's on an FDL? Would you get the Vulture now?

Frankly I'm practicing on NPC's with mine, I'm OK with focused PA's because of the faster shot speed, but efficient? Can't hit an Anaconda from point blank!
Make sure you're taking your shots within the 1.5km range. Beyond that, the target has too much time to move out of the way.

Deleted member 192138

D
Same exact loadout that was utterly impotent vs. your FDL:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x13SGjUjAoY

Other player never used his torpedoes or SCBs, but those would only have delayed the inevitable. With no emissive, no turrets, and no SLF, his time on target against an FDL was all but doomed to be in the toilet.
Try not to settle on the Guardian FSD booster when you're aiming for the FSD :p

I try to take my shots at 500m, with focussed I can hit a fair percentage from 1k, even Vipers or Couriers which move that bit faster, with efficient/ short range I miss overwhelmingly.

Many NPC's are being sacrificed in my continuing goal to hit stuff! Last fight I had with @Bigmaec i landed a few on his FDL when previously I missed a lot, so it's getting a bit better

Top Bottom