PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

New video. This time Paul and Paul tried to take on Corky the Great in his fast but flimsy bi-weave FdL and both of us still exploded:ROFLMAO:.
It was a fun 2h all together with multiple fights and teaching. Bgs stuff took a small backseat and I can't wait for the next time to get blown up. For me it's time to git gud and no more excuses.

You think you need to git gud?! I got a long way to go! In the bank I only have enough for about 300 rebuys- the way I'm going I might need them all 🙄

Running missions is helping the money side of things, but this was much more fun! Great fights guys, much respect @CMDR Corky the Great

Lol, I beat @CMDR Corky the Great!

Two key things were absolutely crucial to my magnificent win -

1) he was in a Viper and I was in my FGS, this massively helped me survive his attacks
2) A monstrous shadow ram basically destroyed his ship, plonking the win on my lap!

My cunning plan of waiting till he ran out of SCB and let my scrambles annoy him into submission kinda paid off!

GG Cmdr, despite the result there is little doubt who is the better pilot!

LOL I didn't even run out of scbs. Sad face. Wasn't a shadow ram for me, just a boneheaded mistake on my part. These things happen. Great fight, CMDR!
Lol, there is a duel between us on post #1043 of this thread in Shin 🥳

This thread is a monstrosity 😂

Lol, there is a duel between us on post #1043 of this thread in Shin 🥳

This thread is a monstrosity 😂

That is crazy. Wow.

Since this thread is all about corruption I am proudly announcing that I have been corrupted and now passed on the baton! @yianniv had never fired a shot in anger at another player! Now, he has!

GG @yianniv lots of fun was had! His Corvette with ace shields triumphed in both our fights! Good times had by all!

Typically, half way through our second fight Spear showed up! They just watched and no salt was exchanged!

Welcome to the dark side @yianniv!

Since this thread is all about corruption I am proudly announcing that I have been corrupted and now passed on the baton! @yianniv had never fired a shot in anger at another player! Now, he has!

GG @yianniv lots of fun was had! His Corvette with ace shields triumphed in both our fights! Good times had by all!

Typically, half way through our second fight Spear showed up! They just watched and no salt was exchanged!

Welcome to the dark side @yianniv!
noooooooooooooooooo!

A little fun and games in Carcosa this morning! There I was returning to Robardin in my Phantom the 'Gathering Mats N Stuff' when I was interdicted by @d3vnull in his combat Phantom.

After a brief play with the interdiction I submitted, put pips to sys and eng and bravely ran away, swinging wildly up, down and side to side! Luckily I had seen him on my scanner and plotted a system to run to before the interdiction. I also have 3a Prismatic shields which can buy a little time.

Anyhow, he didn't get to actually attack, my lightweight build was quicker. Next time I'll bring my Gunship and we'll play!

o7 Cmdr

Why do I do it to myself? I have a fully engineered FDL in stock. It mostly gathers dust but from time to time I feel the need to try it. Everyone loves the FDL so I must be good? And in the hands of most everyone, it is brilliant!

Problem is every time I try to fly it I find myself stalling every single time I boost! I can't seem to get this thing right! My forgiving and punchy hull tank FGS flies exactly how I think it should. But I get the itch to try the FDL from time to time. So I keep one ready, so each time I get that itch I don't need to build a new one! It's even got Prismatic shields! 4 efficient PA's and 1 huge (scramble) long range laser. It's quite a good ship! Or might be in the hands of a more competent pilot!

Anyhow, itch mostly scratched for now. My lovely Gunship, how I've missed you!

Today we had some PvP instead of running missions for the Nameless.

Jellicoe noticed a CMDR from our enemy SPEAR in Union, and engaged him, calling me in to reinforce him.

Sadly Jelli had to bail out quickly, and they called reinforcements too, so I had to bail out, and we failed at our mission.
Was still nice.
I suck at wing fight positioning, need a lot more practice again, and my broken 16000 isn't helping either.
The weather out there in Union was also bad, so no wonder we lost :cool:

gg guys and congrats for turning that attempted assassination into a win (y)

@Winterwalker you stalker 😂

Yeah, I did wonder what was going on!

I actually thought I was dropping into a CZ but dropped on your twenty instead and caught the last few seconds of the scuffle. Then because I was waiting for the CZ to form kept my distance, until suddenly it was over and I was alone, still 8Ls from my CZ.

Squawk next time Cmdr. Code word, "Geronimo" ;p
Don't want to get you ganked by SPEAR too 😅

The Mamba is a joust boat. It's kinda rough in a wing fight, especially against an FDL and especially with frags. My tactic would have been actually to try to position yourself based your wing mate, since you weren't doing enough damage to peel Fuego. You can predict where Fuego is gonna be based on what your wing mate is doing because he's tunnel visioned on him. That way you wind up effectively jousting him even if he's not focusing you. A significant advantage of Fuego's tunnel vision in this fight would have been the ability to keep your pips mostly in 042, or even 240 with occasional top-ups due to the lack of distro hit from the frags. Can help a lot with positioning.

Remember these guys will be running premium munitions often, so you have to generally try to fly more evasively against them and move pips to SYS while taking damage!

Top Bottom