PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

I'm successful against any NPC in a Haz-Rez, Elite FDL no problem, I stack pirate missions >2mil and always come with with tons of Hull, my canopy though needs a AFMU to survive multiple encounters.

I for got to mention that one of PvP'ers said, and I quote "I'll hound you outta this system you noob".,
It would be terrible if you weren't succesful in a presumed engineered killer boat against unengineered NPCs. But as you say, you need lots of AFMU for multiple encounters. A grind is by definition something you do to reach a goal but something you don't enjoy. There are way more efficient ways to grind rank then a hulltank Chieftain (shieldtanks!) or a HazRes (compromised nav Beacon!)

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be terrible if you weren't succesful in a presumed engineered killer boat against unengineered NPCs. But as you say, you need lots of AFMU for multiple encounters. A grind is by definition something you do to reach a goal but something you don't enjoy. There are way more efficient ways to grind rank then a hulltank Chieftain (shieldtanks!) or a HazRes (compromised nav Beacon!)
Lol, indeed, a sad day if I couldn't nail NPC's. I REALLY like my hull tank, and shieldless is how I like to play. Thanks for the advise. I've watched videos of guys who play shiedless, their skill is amazing and to be admired. I'm well aware of the fact that not all minds are the same, some minds take to multi dimentional situational awareness with breath taking ease, just as a select few can run the 100m's in under 10 seconds, I do notice that ahthlete's that are exceptional don't go around clubbing everyone in sight for fun.

Lol, indeed, a sad day if I couldn't nail NPC's. I REALLY like my hull tank, and shieldless is how I like to play. Thanks for the advise. I've watched videos of guys who play shiedless, their skill is amazing and to be admired. I'm well aware of the fact that not all minds are the same, some minds take to multi dimentional situational awareness with breath taking ease, just as a select few can run the 100m's in under 10 seconds, I do notice that ahthlete's that are exceptional don't go around clubbing everyone in sight for fun.
If you enjoy it by all means continue your way. Who am I to tell you how to play the game :)
It's just that "grind" implied you're doing it for the rank, and there are "meta ways"

And again, it can't be seal clubbing if the enemy is in Colonia with 5.3 billion in assets ;)

And again, it can't be seal clubbing if the enemy is in Colonia with 5.3 billion in assets ;)
I promise this is the last time I'll flog this dead horse :)

Butt, a guy in a vulture thousands of miles from home, how does "it" pose a threat to a Wing or a leet open combat PvP'er, just curious ?. I think that "it" was a hard core trader or explorer (5.3Bil), most likely a explorer trying out his craft in a vulture hoping to keep casual gankers at bay, got scared "shyteless" due to inexperience with combat, but outnumbered and panicked, used the new improved "guardian cloaking system" to get the heck outta there.

Just speculating and musing, human nature, a difficult feral female quadruped canine (< long version of the short version which was censored).

EDIT: I'm tempted to pop into Colonia just for a cold one, KWS equipped and all :))

Last edited:
Butt, a guy in a vulture thousands of miles from home, how does "it" pose a threat to a Wing or a leet open combat PvP'er, just curious ?.
A guy running bounties in a PvE-fit ship can absolutely be a threat to a group with a BGS objective in mind that can be harmed by someone running bounties.
Wars are decided by logistics just as often, if not more so, than they are in the actual battles. Sure, the guy doesn't pose a direct threat, but if faction states and influence are what's at stake, he doesn't have to engage directly to throw a spanner in the works.

A guy running bounties in a PvE-fit ship can absolutely be a threat to a group with a BGS objective in mind that can be harmed by someone running bounties.
Wars are decided by logistics just as often, if not more so, than they are in the actual battles. Sure, the guy doesn't pose a direct threat, but if faction states and influence are what's at stake, he doesn't have to engage directly to throw a spanner in the works.
How come some folks are incapable of assessing threats, a Threat = intention + capability, are some folks incapable of making that assesment and then making a judgement.

Last edited by a moderator:
How come some folks are incapable of assessing threats, a Threat = intention + capability, are some folks incapable of making that assesment and then making a judgement.

For me it's a question of ruthlessness. Elite is an uncaring universe where any gains can be lost as easily as a sandcastle on the beach. The Commander that was attacked by BigMaec? Folks have been shot down for much, much less and will continue to be. As is proper.

And in all seriousness you should come out to Colonia! It's pretty sweet. If you're on PC, feel free to add me. My CMDR name is the same as here.

That you see nothing except cold blooded murder is no secret :LOL:
On your way to Colonia yet?
I cannot tell you how bad I want to be in Colonia.
It is going to be months - I'm on Deciat 7B rooting around in the dumpster behind Taco Bell for Selenium.

I don't have anything that could survive out there anyways.
If I put a beam laser on a pirate SideWinder I overheat before his shields go down.
I think you've forgotten how much work it takes to get where you guys live.

I'm enjoying the process though.
I don't want to rush anything because once I murder all you guys there wouldn't be anything else left to do.

I cannot tell you how bad I want to be in Colonia.
It is going to be months - I'm on Deciat 7B rooting around in the dumpster behind Taco Bell for Selenium.

I don't have anything that could survive out there anyways.
If I put a beam laser on a pirate SideWinder I overheat before his shields go down.
I think you've forgotten how much work it takes to get where you guys live.

I'm enjoying the process though.
I don't want to rush anything because once I murder all you guys there wouldn't be anything else left to do.
Man up and stop being a wuss :)
Your sidewinder murderbus (ok, murder rollerskate) can make the trip, you should make it before the next big update... You already have Phisto and Bigmaec worried, now deliver!

As an aside, my ship isn't really up to their standard but I'm going anyway - reckon to arrive Sunday or Monday - get polishing your guns lads...

Your sidewinder murderbus (ok, murder rollerskate) can make the trip, you should make it before the next big update... You already have Phisto and Bigmaec worried, now deliver!

As an aside, my ship isn't really up to their standard but I'm going anyway - reckon to arrive Sunday or Monday - get polishing your guns lads...
Let me know how that works out for you. (1)

NOTES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: Can I have your stuff?

Look at that Distant Ganks. We don't fly 22000 LY to gank people, we make people fly 22000 LY to get ganked by us 😂

Top Bottom