PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Yep! Kept me chuckling for 29 pages so far - all good :)

Now - about the threat to kick out the rats by that sheep in wolf's clothing...
I think you may be misrepresenting my intentions.
My wording was vague - I admit the term 'kick out' can be misleading.
To clarify, I didn't mean 'kick out' as in 'remove from station'.
I meant something more along the lines of murder.

I think you may be misrepresenting my intentions.
My wording was vague - I admit the term 'kick out' can be misleading.
To clarify, I didn't mean 'kick out' as in 'remove from station'.
Don't be too delicate with your phraseology, we can take it...

...To clarify, I didn't mean 'kick out' as in 'remove from station'.
Well, can you be a gent and wait till the end of the month before coming out to commit murder on us poor souls out in the blackest black? (I'm lying as it is really quite bright out here - but you get my drift) My X52 joystick has thrown all the toys out of the pram and giving me some serious grief - X56 and learning curve will be incoming!

Well, can you be a gent and wait till the end of the month before coming out to commit murder on us poor souls out in the blackest black? (I'm lying as it is really quite bright out here - but you get my drift) My X52 joystick has thrown all the toys out of the pram and giving me some serious grief - X56 and learning curve will be incoming!
It causes me no end of pain to realize I don't get to fight you while you're still learning a new stick.
I'd like to be out in Colonia by the end of the year. I'm still running around doing Guardian errand boy tasks.

If I were you guys I'd be pretty #@!$! excited to have a loud mouth noob wanting to come after me.... but you're gonna have to wait.

It causes me no end of pain to realize I don't get to fight you while you're still learning a new stick.
I'd like to be out in Colonia by the end of the year. I'm still running around doing Guardian errand boy tasks.

If I were you guys I'd be pretty #@!$! excited to have a loud mouth noob wanting to come after me.... but you're gonna have to wait.
I hope that is some foriegn type year end, not the Gregorian one...
Otherwise, as my art teacher from Grammar School told me: "I shall hunt you down, without let or mercy, and when I find you shall bring you to the point of death many times before showing grace and allowing you to finally expire..." - I guess he didn't like my 'Condensed Shoop" drawing...

(and why did he need to show it to Grace?)

NOOOO!!!! DO NOT GET AN X56!!

Where do I even start with what's wrong with this joystick for elite...

1) The yaw is WAY too stiff (I'm built like an outside toilet, a body-builder, and I use this joystick without an issue, but wow, it is stiff compared to others)
2) The throttle is WAY too stiff, even with the clutch on minimum, you just can't move it fast, this is probably the single worst problem, unless you're willing to void the warranty and remove the stiffeners (given overall quality of product, this is a very BAD idea)
3) The choice of ministick for thrusters is either on the thumb of the stick grip (where secondary fire should be), or on the side of the throttle where it is totally unnatural to use while having your hand on the throttle, there is no hat or ministick under the index finger, or even a button for that matter.
4) The only secondary fire button on the stick is a pinky button (not the lever, which is too far away from the stick to be useful)
5) It CREAKS like a mofo, I've tried everything to address this, but nothing helps.
6) Mine is already playing up after only a few months, the LEDs are now flashing a disco all the time whenever its plugged in.
7) The main trigger is squishy and not at all like a gun trigger should be
8) No detents at all on the throttle, which combined with its heavy movement, makes muscle memory very difficult to get
9) No convenient boost button on the throttle.
10) I have big hands and the top button on the stick is inconvenient to reach

I recently got my X56 to replace my ailing x52 (it's over 6 years old now, some of the hats are doing a double click when used, etc), and I've used it for a few months despite hating almost everything about it. Since ED lost my keybindings yesterday, I will be uninstalling it (it's screwed into a sim rig, that's why it's taken me so long to get around to doing this) and putting my broken x52 back. I have no doubt, my combat performance will improve again.

The X52 is better in EVERY. SINGLE. WAY.

Last edited:
NOOOO!!!! DO NOT GET AN X56!!

Where do I even start with what's wrong with this joystick for elite...

1) The yaw is WAY too stiff (I'm built like an outside toilet, a body-builder, and I use this joystick without an issue, but wow, it is stiff compared to others)
2) The throttle is WAY too stiff, even with the clutch on minimum, you just can't move it fast, this is probably the single worst problem, unless you're willing to void the warranty and remove the stiffeners (given overall quality of product, this is a very BAD idea)
3) The choice of ministick for thrusters is either on the thumb of the stick grip (where secondary fire should be), or on the side of the throttle where it is totally unnatural to use while having your hand on the throttle, there is no hat or ministick under the index finger, or even a button for that matter.
4) The only secondary fire button on the stick is a pinky button (not the lever, which is too far away from the stick to be useful)
5) It CREAKS like a mofo, I've tried everything to address this, but nothing helps.
6) Mine is already playing up after only a few months, the LEDs are now flashing a disco all the time whenever its plugged in.
7) The main trigger is squishy and not at all like a gun trigger should be
8) No detents at all on the throttle, which combined with its heavy movement, makes muscle memory very difficult to get
9) No convenient boost button on the throttle.
10) I have big hands and the top button on the stick is inconvenient to reach

I recently got my X56 to replace my ailing x52 (it's over 6 years old now, some of the hats are doing a double click when used, etc), and I've used it for a few months despite hating almost everything about it. Since ED lost my keybindings yesterday, I will be uninstalling it (it's screwed into a sim rig, that's why it's taken me so long to get around to doing this) and putting my broken x52 back. I have no doubt, my combat performance will improve again.

The X52 is better in EVERY. SINGLE. WAY.
Interesting perspective, thanks. I have a T-16000FCS & have been mulling over an X56 to replace it. While many of your comments are subjective it's useful for me to be able to compare with my own feelings about the T16000 & FCS throttle.

@Aashenfox - thanks for the comments - as my hands are not exaclty spades I may have to re-think. That is the problem with nowhere reasonably local to go and try a 'hands-on'.
My X52 Pro stick is less than 2 years old and has 3 broken wires (2 patched by me) in the stick and the microswitch for trigger position 2 failed on - now the sensors appear to be having hiccups too as 'centre' isn't...

I'll look at alternatives :)

I felt the T16000 was a bit "lite" - when pushing the thruster forward I'd often move the entire unit.
Consider the difference between a thruster that works on an axis and one that slides - if you get one that slides you may need to secure it.

@Aashenfox - thanks for the comments - as my hands are not exaclty spades I may have to re-think. That is the problem with nowhere reasonably local to go and try a 'hands-on'.
My X52 Pro stick is less than 2 years old and has 3 broken wires (2 patched by me) in the stick and the microswitch for trigger position 2 failed on - now the sensors appear to be having hiccups too as 'centre' isn't...

I'll look at alternatives :)
Until you feel like spending a grand on a set (e.g. VKB base and grip, Virpil Throttle), you will not find a better joystick 'for this game' than the X52. After trying everything in the market I firmly believe it. It should be no surprise either, because guess what joystick the devs were using throughout the development...no coincidence that our in-cokcpit joystick bears such a striking resemblance. :) I know you've been burned and you'd like an upgrade, that's where I was a year ago, and toniht I'm refitting my broken X52.

In about three weeks my VKB should arrive...and finally, I can stop buying and throwing out joysticks. :p

VKB_MCG-Pro_GF_01.jpg

I felt the T16000 was a bit "lite" - when pushing the thruster forward I'd often move the entire unit.
Consider the difference between a thruster that works on an axis and one that slides - if you get one that slides you may need to secure it.
The t16000 throttle is what I currently use, for one reason and one reason only...analog thrusters under teh index finger. The slider is awful, but the rest of the controls and hats are also well positioned, so I'm living witht he cheap 'feeling'. Although, this throttle also has the issue of having no real natural boost button (I'm currently using the press on the thruster ministick, but it's definitely breaking slowly).

The t16000 throttle is what I currently use, for one reason and one reason only...analog thrusters under teh index finger. The slider is awful, but the rest of the controls and hats are also well positioned, so I'm living witht he cheap 'feeling'. Although, this throttle also has the issue of having no real natural boost button (I'm currently using the press on the thruster ministick, but it's definitely breaking slowly).
Mine (a X52pro not a T16000) is velcroed to a VESA mount that's attached to the arms of my chair... Makes for a reasonable mount. When I'm not using them, I swing the mounts down so they hang below my seat.

Mine (a X52pro not a T16000) is velcroed to a VESA mount that's attached to the arms of my chair... Makes for a reasonable mount. When I'm not using them, I swing the mounts down so they hang below my seat.
A photo would be nice...

The mounts, Shivvi, the mounts...

Top Bottom