PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Is that via Market Connector or some such pulled direct from the game? If so, we have exactly the same speed agility, down to the decimal. Curious though, why only 500MJ in shielding? I am completely lost on the meta by now, but it seems... low?
Real men don't need shields ;)

Is that via Market Connector or some such pulled direct from the game? If so, we have exactly the same speed agility, down to the decimal. Curious though, why only 500MJ in shielding? I am completely lost on the meta by now, but it seems... low?

Yup, right from EDMC. How funny!

Thermal bi-weave plus two RA boosters and SCBs are pretty standard these days, I think? Idea is using evasion and PIP management to leverage the recharge of the bi-weave. SCBs are for when you take big hits or need that extra oomph.

Absolutely slays in PvE, which isn't a suprise, but I say that because I'm usually the one coming back to port in the best condition out of any other squaddie. In PvP, I really love it against fixed weapon users. Can get a little rough if you're focused in wing fights or fighting gimbals. Running out of chaff is a bad day. Lot of that could be my piloting though. If BigMaec is able to get our video up you'll see me make some pretty huge mistakes.

So it goes! Live and learn.

Looking at your builds I have a lot to learn. Having spent the last year only PvE and building for that...
I'll have to gather lots more raws to boost up an engineer or two pretty quickly - I'm running out. Will have to mission run for manufactured too - oh - and scan for data - but otherwise everything is hunky-dory.
Hehe, being 'introduced' to multi-player has changed my game a bit - thanks for the invite to Colonia, it has been worth the trip so far, and reckon it'll just improve from here :)

Get that video up @Bigmaec :D

Looking at your builds I have a lot to learn. Having spent the last year only PvE and building for that...
I'll have to gather lots more raws to boost up an engineer or two pretty quickly - I'm running out. Will have to mission run for manufactured too - oh - and scan for data - but otherwise everything is hunky-dory.
Hehe, being 'introduced' to multi-player has changed my game a bit - thanks for the invite to Colonia, it has been worth the trip so far, and reckon it'll just improve from here :)

Get that video up @Bigmaec :D

Passenger missions out of Carcosa for the Nameless are quite good for data and materials. It's almost like Robigo: Colonia Edition.

Passenger missions out of Carcosa for the Nameless are quite good for data and materials. It's almost like Robigo: Colonia Edition.
I did a couple and got some nice G5 mats when I was getting allied. Only issue is that my loyalties are torn! I'd like to boost my mats/engineers as we all benefit from that, but the selfish bit of me has been enjoying a bit of 'belonging' - even if it does involve being shot at by a bunch of 'unrepentent murderhobos' (a title I shall aspire to :) ) and laughing way too much!

I did a couple and got some nice G5 mats when I was getting allied. Only issue is that my loyalties are torn! I'd like to boost my mats/engineers as we all benefit from that, but the selfish bit of me has been enjoying a bit of 'belonging' - even if it does involve being shot at by a bunch of 'unrepentent murderhobos' (a title I shall aspire to :) ) and laughing way too much!

Haha. No rush at all. Glad you're having such a good time.

GImbal Scrub Shenanigans Episode I - A Fer-de-Lance Menace

Me against Phisto in Carcosa FdL versus FdL
My bi-weave 5 booster gimbal multi + hammer against Phistos bi-weave double(?) chaff double bank full PA.

Some notes: I'm flying a T.16000 stick + throttle without curves, without macros or anything, just the hotas setup, with some ingame gimping of the setup.
So I have to use a build to leverage the strengths and weaknesses.
That's why I fly gimbal + Feedback ImpHammer (ImpHammer because I overshoot a lot and with the Hammer I hit at least with some of the burst to cancel at least some banking)
I've heard I fly quite evasive, that's because I use two sticks (main + one on the throttle) to change my vector quite often.

My pip management in the above vid was accordingly not good, I often went to 4 pips sys before Phisto hit me, but as you can see I very seldomly went 4 pips to engines.
I also hit so-so with the feedback cascade Hammer, the one time I cancelled a bank Phisto made a mistake to double-bank directly after losing shields, after that I knew I won.

Yup, I got my butt kicked.

Great shooting with the rail gun and keeping me in front of you! I missed wayyyyyy too many shots and could've been a lot more aggressive. Altering my vector more would've helped as well. Those are my initial thoughts, anyway.

I'll see about uploading my perspective but it's loaded with cussing (just how I do)! Looking forward to the rematch. :D

Yup, I got my butt kicked.

Great shooting with the rail gun and keeping me in front of you! I missed wayyyyyy too many shots and could've been a lot more aggressive. Altering my vector more would've helped as well. Those are my initial thoughts, anyway.

I'll see about uploading my perspective but it's loaded with cussing (just how I do)! Looking forward to the rematch. :D
Ignoring the satisfaction of seeing Bigmaec handing you your butt (riddled in holes (I know the feeling)) back to you...
My observations were that you appeared to be observing 'green principles' and reducing pollution around the base by not using your pew-pew things too much - I wondered if you had copied my mistake of forgetting to put pips back to Wep...

But, it was fun to watch a couple of folk just out enjoying themselves, like the noise the Hammer makes...

My observations were that you appeared to be observing 'green principles' and reducing pollution around the base by not using your pew-pew things too much - I wondered if you had copied my mistake of forgetting to put pips back to Wep...

Its hard to see without his cockpit view, but to me it looked like someone with fixed weapons being a tad too concerned with lining up the perfect shot. It did allow BM to spend most of his time just attacking without being too concerned about dodging or defensive positioning, putting even more pressure on Phisto.

Gimbal Scrub Shenanigans Episode II - Attack of the FlurryLance

Me against Renraiku in Carcosa FdL versus FdL
Again my bi-weave FdL from above against Renraiku's 5 cannon five booster + chaff(?) double guardian SRP umpteenthousand mj prismo FdL :LOL:.
Notice Ren opening up with the "hyperdrive engage" gambit 😂

Some notes on my FdL:
I fly a double HRP double MRP setup and as you can see when I lose shields I switch off the three HD boosters to regen faster. It's quite neat, I like it :)
I don't like banking, I never liked it, so I figured I can go without the META. Helps against phasing, too.
I have 4 gimballed overcharged multicannons, the huge one with corrosive, one with emissive (to counter stealth builds) and two autoloader.
Also a feedback cascade long-range ImpHammer. In the above vids I run out of ammo of the autoloaders, that's why I conserved ammo in the end and tried to use the
Hammer more. Also I figured Ren would have a higher kinetic then thermal resistance. And I will NEVER synth ammo, especially not in a friendly. I'd rather explode, credits are easier to get then mats :mad:

@Phisto Sobanii
The idea was to boost out of your PA line of fire as often as possible. Seems that worked well :)

@Ratkatcher
You should've seen the day Phisto tried strange and funny builds AND insisted on me killing him every time he lost (twice :sneaky:), after that he wiped the floor with me though.
Sadly I have no vids of that spectacle.
The thing with PAs is you can't spam them, especially not the efficient (?) ones I think Phisto is using. You only have 100 shots. And the shot speed is too slow to hit an evasive FdL
on anything except head-to-head boosts usually.

@Ian Skippy
That's the problem with both builds I fought against. I knew exactly when they could hit me, and at least in Phisto's case at what range (nose to nose :D)
Meanwhile I could put pressure on both with my Hammer when out of multi range or chaffing, and with the multis close up. I hate fighting META FdLs most,
you get sniped by double rails at distances, and closeup you eat plasma, if your shields fail a good rail sniper blasts out your PP (DeZpe I look at you shakes fist)

Disclaimer: no noobs were ganked in the making of the above videos

Last edited:
Its hard to see without his cockpit view, but to me it looked like someone with fixed weapons being a tad too concerned with lining up the perfect shot. It did allow BM to spend most of his time just attacking without being too concerned about dodging or defensive positioning, putting even more pressure on Phisto.

Good thought. A five PA build is still pretty hungry on the distro even with all efficient so trying to balance all that while under fire felt very tricky. Never seemed to have quite enough for everything.

@Ian Skippy
That's the problem with both builds I fought against. I knew exactly when they could hit me, and at least in Phisto's case at what range (nose to nose :D)
Meanwhile I could put pressure on both with my Hammer when out of multi range or chaffing, and with the multis close up.

This is where PvP in the main game falls apart for me. Not discounting your obvious skill (I've seen some glorious rail shots in the first vid!), but the whole fixed vs gimballed thing doesn't work for me. If you had tried to gank me earlier this evening (lets assume I didn't notice you lot in SC for the sake of argument, and that when interdicted your wingmates would just sit back and enjoy the show) I could double-chaff you for a few minutes. During this period most of your damage output would be neutralized; you're not going to hit anything with kinetics without selecting the target and having a reticule or using gimbal-targeting and gimbal-targeting during chaff is largely pointless. During this stage I might very well have the upper hand (again, lets assume this bit :p) but never enough to actually kill you.

At some point I'd run out of chaff, and then I have three options:
1) Synthesize chaff ammo; basically grind2win (given equal skill, which I am not claiming!). I'm sure the pro-bois do it but it is not my idea of fun.
2) Shrug and let you shred me. I am sure it is honorable and all, but yeah... :/
3) Wave and hi-wake. Much climax. :/

At the end of the day there are literally zero scenarios where either of us could force the win due to nothing but skill. :(

Good thought. A five PA build is still pretty hungry on the distro even with all efficient so trying to balance all that while under fire felt very tricky. Never seemed to have quite enough for everything.

Again, I cant see how you've set it up specifically, but have you considered (if you havent done so) using two fire groups (so you can divide the PAs over 2x2 fire buttons)? Against gimballed opponents PA specials can be ultra annoying, and by having +-1 PA per trigger at all times you can fire way more often (i.e. more carefree) or effectively spread out your shots more. You'll do less damage, but every time you hit BM would probably get a tad more annoyed. It is very hard against a FdL no matter how you set it up, but my dual PA vulture vs Cutter/Corvette's is the only PvP I ever felt comfortable with. You basically just troll their sensors/lock until they hi-wake. :p

Last edited:
This is where PvP in the main game falls apart for me. Not discounting your obvious skill (I've seen some glorious rail shots in the first vid!), but the whole fixed vs gimballed thing doesn't work for me. If you had tried to gank me earlier this evening (lets assume I didn't notice you lot in SC for the sake of argument, and that when interdicted your wingmates would just sit back and enjoy the show) I could double-chaff you for a few minutes. During this period most of your damage output would be neutralized; you're not going to hit anything with kinetics without selecting the target and having a reticule or using gimbal-targeting and gimbal-targeting during chaff is largely pointless. During this stage I might very well have the upper hand (again, lets assume this bit :p) but never enough to actually kill you.

At some point I'd run out of chaff, and then I have three options:
1) Synthesize chaff ammo; basically grind2win (given equal skill, which I am not claiming!). I'm sure the pro-bois do it but it is not my idea of fun.
2) Shrug and let you shred me. I am sure it is honorable and all, but yeah... :/
3) Wave and hi-wake. Much climax. :/

At the end of the day there are literally zero scenarios where either of us could force the win due to nothing but skill. :(

Haha, BigMaec joked about ganking you. I told him no. :D

I absolutely see your point with all this but I'm kind of OK with it. My gut reaction is that it's a simulated game world, not a PvP game per se. It is what it is, in other words. Whether or not that satisfies is up to the individual player of course.

Again, I cant see how you've set it up specifically, but have you considered (if you havent done so) using two fire groups (so you can divide the PAs over 2x2 fire buttons)? Against gimballed opponents PA specials can be ultra annoying, and by having +-1 PA per trigger at all times you can fire way more often (i.e. more carefree) or effectively spread out your shots more. You'll do less damage, but every time you hit BM would probably get a tad more annoyed. It is very hard against a FdL no matter how you set it up, but my dual PA vulture vs Cutter/Corvette's is the only PvP I ever felt comfortable with. You basically just troll their sensors/lock until they hi-wake. :p

I probably should've brought two rails. Three PAs on the right side, two rails on the left. Got plenty of options to do damage at whatever range. Four PAs and a huge multicannon might've been a good choice as well. Lots of rock, paper, and scissors in this game.

@Ian Skippy

Sorry for the double post, but sometimes I forget the Reapers do a lot more than just whatever the topic at hand is. Regarding your example above, say you were an enemy of ours working against the Nameless, we would've been very happy to just drive you out of the system and make your life more difficult. The kill is nice, but it's hardly the endgame.

Just wanted to add that bit of context for how our group tends to operate.

Top Bottom