PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Hey A.C.,
some people will gank you a few times to see if you are a good sport about it. The best way to react to it is to give them as much of a fight as possible. Holding out against four attackers for even a few minutes is a difficult thing and even shorter fights can teach you a thing about how to approach groups.
Looking back at my journal file, it was 2 FDL, One Phantom, and One Anaconda. Chewed through my 5.2k hull + Bi-weave in about a minute or two I think.

They, the one attributed to the kill in game atleast, accepted my friend request but didn't bother responding. So I don't think they wanted to see if I was a good sport. I would gladly have fought them 1on1!

Is there any faster way to find new star systems to jump to than scrolling through the navigation panel?

Looking back at my journal file, it was 2 FDL, One Phantom, and One Anaconda. Chewed through my 5.2k hull + Bi-weave in about a minute or two I think.

They, the one attributed to the kill in game atleast, accepted my friend request but didn't bother responding. So I don't think they wanted to see if I was a good sport. I would gladly have fought them 1on1!

Is there any faster way to find new star systems to jump to than scrolling through the navigation panel?
Immediately on arrival, use the galaxy map to select another system. Takes just a few seconds.
Then, select a hot key in controls for "target next system in route" under targeting in controls.
If you're interdicted, you can then press that key to have a system immediately ready.

scroll up from the top instead of down and you'll loop to the bottom of the list, which will be another star system

It'll also be the furthest star system within 20ly, so if they're in FDLs they'll have a tough job following you even if they do guess that's where you're heading.

Another easy way is to make sure that the escape system is preselected is to make Shinrarta (or whatever dangerous system) the last jump (not target destination) in your route. That way you'll arrive with an escape system preselected and the only thing you need to do is to reach open space, so the star doesn't obstruct your escape route.

Deleted member 192138

D

Sometimes people ganking in a wing are just looking for quick kills. Sometimes people ganking in wings would also be up for a 1v1 if you ask them directly. Really depends. The people I fly with in Shin, generally, if asked for a 1v1 will accept. Especially if it's from someone who's interested in/new to PvP and wants more useful experience than being dunked on.

Thanks for all the useful advice. I had done what Melanthes suggested the first time (friday evening) I was in Shinrata. However that time, none else was waiting to interdict. This time I forgot to do the preselect.

Sometimes people ganking in a wing are just looking for quick kills. Sometimes people ganking in wings would also be up for a 1v1 if you ask them directly. Really depends. The people I fly with in Shin, generally, if asked for a 1v1 will accept. Especially if it's from someone who's interested in/new to PvP and wants more useful experience than being dunked on.

When I first got intedricted and before the others showed up, I had intended to fight back, so I deployed my hardpoints and did a sharp turn towards the target. But it didn't feel very useful to continue that approach when the next 3 showed up. I would have gladly had a couple 1v1 fights instead.

Do you think if I had instead not started moving but talk in local they might have paused and engage one at a time? Would that be common for the people who do wing ganks to want something like that?

Hey A.C.,
some people will gank you a few times to see if you are a good sport about it. The best way to react to it is to give them as much of a fight as possible. Holding out against four attackers for even a few minutes is a difficult thing and even shorter fights can teach you a thing about how to approach groups.
Errr... You don't 'approach' such groups. They approach you. Well. They basically 'mug' you and I believe, that them doing it a 'few times', is against the TOS and technically harassment.

But then, this IS a PvP thread and we are all in it together, all having lots of fun and if having you ship sent to the re-buy screen a few times by the same group of immature players, is not your idea of fun. Tough.

Trying to survive a bit longer against attackers with fixed weapons can actually be fun. I don't see any problem there. Harrasment relies upon one party feeling harassed, so no breach of anything as I enjoyed those fights. Not everything needs to be balanced. If I can make an FDL with a good pilot and backup loose a ring of shields in a Vulture, then that's great in my book.

Deleted member 192138

D
Thanks for all the useful advice. I had done what Melanthes suggested the first time (friday evening) I was in Shinrata. However that time, none else was waiting to interdict. This time I forgot to do the preselect.

When I first got intedricted and before the others showed up, I had intended to fight back, so I deployed my hardpoints and did a sharp turn towards the target. But it didn't feel very useful to continue that approach when the next 3 showed up. I would have gladly had a couple 1v1 fights instead.

Do you think if I had instead not started moving but talk in local they might have paused and engage one at a time? Would that be common for the people who do wing ganks to want something like that?
Nah they were gonna dunk on you whatever way. Maybe if you'd directly specified 1v1 in a message after they pulled you and before anything else - maybe then they may have had the others wait it out. But some groups are just out for easy dunks. Other groups are looking for interesting fights. Without knowing names (and I don't know everyone) I wouldn't want to guess but based on the non-response you got after you friended one and messaged them, they were looking for quick dunks.

Deleted member 192138

D
If you want 1v1s then just type into system chat in Shin if anyone wants a fight. You don't have to patrol supercruise and hope the game instances you with someone that will interdict you. The other option is to fit an interdictor and pull everyone you see, pop a couple of shots at them and see if they deploy and start shooting back.

Trying to survive a bit longer against attackers with fixed weapons can actually be fun. I don't see any problem there. Harrasment relies upon one party feeling harassed, so no breach of anything as I enjoyed those fights. Not everything needs to be balanced. If I can make an FDL with a good pilot and backup loose a ring of shields in a Vulture, then that's great in my book.
We all play our own game. Well we should, be able to. You enjoy, the challenge of a good fight and fair play to you.

However: Offering to play the, 'they will respect you more, if you stand and fight' card, does not cut it for those who keep being mugged by the same group on bullies. Plus. 9 times out of 10, the 'respect you more' myth, is just that. A myth. Bullies don't respect anyone. If you beat them 1 to 1, they come back in a group and then, if you manage to beat the group, they then come back with a bigger group. If they genuinely respected a player, that stands and fight against impossible odds, they would not keep attacking that said player; they would salute them, each and every time they passed by.

In real life, bullies that are beaten at their own game, will stay away from that person. I have found, that the bully then wants you to be their 'friend' or ally, yet that is to simply, not to have you as their enemy and if you refuse. They will then, given the chance, they will try sneak up, from behind and stab you in the back. A PvP game, just offers them a chance to bully, without any personal risk, to themselves. Don't confuse respect with fear. Yes there are a few, like yourself, that do genuinely respect a player that makes a stand, but you are in the minority.

Deleted member 192138

D
tbh the more likely you are to blow them up the less likely a certain category of PvPer in supercruise in Shin is to pull you, because they're more concerned about raising their k/d ratio and don't want to risk paying their bounties on a rebuy. And the more likely you are to blow them up the more likely a certain category of PvPer in supercruise in Shin is to pull you, because they want challenging fights and are happy with the risk.

Respect, fear, friend, ally etc - all irrelevant. Figure out who's chill and who's not and hang with the people you enjoy the gameplay with. But far fewer of them are looking to be bullies than you seem to think. You're in the space they do their activity in. That's all there is to it to start off with. If you don't like their gameplay, don't talk to them and do you own thing. nbd.

tbh the more likely you are to blow them up the less likely a certain category of PvPer in supercruise in Shin is to pull you, because they're more concerned about raising their k/d ratio and don't want to risk paying their bounties on a rebuy. And the more likely you are to blow them up the more likely a certain category of PvPer in supercruise in Shin is to pull you, because they want challenging fights and are happy with the risk.

Respect, fear, friend, ally etc - all irrelevant. Figure out who's chill and who's not and hang with the people you enjoy the gameplay with. But far fewer of them are looking to be bullies than you seem to think. You're in the space they do their activity in. That's all there is to it to start off with. If you don't like their gameplay, don't talk to them and do you own thing. nbd.
To make it clear: I'm not at all complaining about the fact I got killed. I've been having duels and unless the opponent or me run out of ammo I usually play until I die. I enjoy flying my spaceships and trying to best my opponent.

I don't understand what fun certain individuals find in going 4v1 and also show no interest in actually interesting fights.

If they wanted to send people to rebuy surely they would like the opportunity to fight me again?

Deleted member 192138

D
Could be they don't even speak English, or were only interested in getting salt from you so if you didn't provide that they don't see the point in repeating. Who knows. I'd worry less about trying to psychoanalyse one interaction and instead have more and find what you enjoy with PvP.

I agree with Barnard17, take them as your content and ignore the rest. There's a great video by Harry Potter somewhere in these forums in which he fights a group of attackers for quite a while in a vulture and it's a joy to watch in my book, but this is a skill you probably only learn by facing groups or other unfair fights (and I'm not pretending to be able to do that). But getting even near that, and taking every little advantage you can pull out of your weaker ship is an awesome feeling. Especially, if you can still crawl back into a station in a ship only hold together by hope and prayers and if not you probably learned something. So I'd say ignore fairness outside of arranged fights, the best fights are not fair at all.

So much this.
Outnumbered, outgunned and in many instances outclassed but sooo much fun.
In a recent session i spent an evening being pulled repeatedly by a wing of players who in my opinion are some of the most talented players on xb.
They were bored and looking for targets, i was bored and looking for excitement.
In my little pve Vulture with TV beams we had 6 seperate interdictions.
3 meta fdls vs 1 little Hoonicorn.
Was the most fun I've had in months.
They got some great target practice and i got an hours worth of white knuckle evasion. Loved every minute of it and so did they based on the hilarious coms chatter.

This time I corrupted someone else 😙 (y)

@Vandaahl joined us in Carcosa and we had a nice friendly, if I recall correct his first 1v1.
Good game CMDR, it was fun. Nice rail aim by the way. Looking forward against a rematch
when your FAS is completely engineered! Keep PvPing!

Was fun thx (y) Thx also for handing me my behind on a rusty plate :)
I'm eh... off putting my FAS back together again 😅

Top Bottom