PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Aaaaand another match against @Vandaahl, this time in his prismatic FdL with quad rails and a huge PA...

But wait... something is wrong here :unsure:
That prismatic FdL had way too few shields...

After the fight we found out Vandaahl forgot all his utility slots :LOL:
It had ~770 mj of shields, which is a bit on the light side for a prisma FdL 😂

gg CMDR, but next time bring your boosters ^^

Who let you out again? 😜

giphy.gif

Time for some shenanigans in Carcosa, after a week of being in a hotel, without the game.

My Dropship needed some love, so I tested it against two very non-meta builds from @Paul Smith the 3rd ,
first against his prismatic triple SCB PA Orca (duel to 30%):

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDvBOBmuuOc&feature=youtu.be

Next against his silent running PA / force shell Fer-de-Lance:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm_0FoBBbPo&feature=youtu.be

Yikes, that was no fun. Another reason why I prefer an emissive effect on one gun.

Last edited:
Look mom I'm on TV :)

Thanks for the duels, it was lots of fun. Nice change of pace from all the BGS work lately. First testing the Orca against my favorite Fuel Rat and then against you. Still need to fly it more to get much better with it, but it's fun and interesting with the triple banking and chunkiness. Also found out that I have to change my controller setup for pip management. I was fighting the controls quite a bit at the beginning due to it. I have to work on range control and evasion, lot's to learn still.
The Fdl was nice to see from the other side, looks not fun at all compared to my view. But emissive would have wrecked my day.
Next time I use a more conventional build, maybe.

Best thing of all, I finally could sent "gg" in chat:LOL:
Looking forward to the next duels.

@A C Ender : Here is the Orca build: https://is.gd/tTR47d

Look mom I'm on TV :)

Thanks for the duels, it was lots of fun. Nice change of pace from all the BGS work lately. First testing the Orca against my favorite Fuel Rat and then against you. Still need to fly it more to get much better with it, but it's fun and interesting with the triple banking and chunkiness. Also found out that I have to change my controller setup for pip management. I was fighting the controls quite a bit at the beginning due to it. I have to work on range control and evasion, lot's to learn still.
The Fdl was nice to see from the other side, looks not fun at all compared to my view. But emissive would have wrecked my day.
Next time I use a more conventional build, maybe.

Best thing of all, I finally could sent "gg" in chat:LOL:
Looking forward to the next duels.

@A C Ender : Here is the Orca build: https://is.gd/tTR47d
Thanks for the fights :)

I have to correct my first statement, it WAS a lot of fun, but the second match was very difficult.
My gimbalscrub FdL would've propably wrecked you due to an emissive multi, but that's Elite's stone-paper-scissors (or scb-feedback-gimbal-chaff :LOL:)
in a nutshell. We have to try that out soon. But overreliance on counterbuilds is the path to the scrub side 😂

Still tempted to put a feedback rail on that FDS, not sure it's worth it though, as I'm out of imphammers and I'm a notorious crap shot with standard rails.

Thanks for the fights :)

I have to correct my first statement, it WAS a lot of fun, but the second match was very difficult.
My gimbalscrub FdL would've propably wrecked you due to an emissive multi, but that's Elite's stone-paper-scissors (or scb-feedback-gimbal-chaff :LOL:)
in a nutshell. We have to try that out soon. But overreliance on counterbuilds is the path to the scrub side 😂

Still tempted to put a feedback rail on that FDS, not sure it's worth it though, as I'm out of imphammers and I'm a notorious crap shot with standard rails.

That would be interesting, but then I would probably change one or 2 heatsinks to chaff. I had a wake scanner before on it for, ahm, stuff. I just put another heatsink as I knew your FDS doesn't have gimbals on it. I have a shieldless gimbal multi FdL, might use that, or one of the other ones. Even have a META one, but that one is marked for Sun Tu. I can't do rails and PA's at the same time, so I have one or the other.
But right now it's whale time, going to do some Orca stuff to unsuspecting CMDRs.

Tell your mom you're on TV twice more @Paul Smith the 3rd 😙

The final two duels for the day (the later shenanigans where Paul and @Phisto Sobanii clashed weren't recorded):

First one is my prismatic multigimbal/imphammer FdL with dual HRPs against Pauls silent running multigimbal FdL:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdbGUcw1SPw&feature=youtu.be

That one was pretty good, I'd never thought that FdL would stand up to my FdL that well. Good flying man!

Second one is my biweave phasing pulse/packhound FdL with a single HRP and fuel scoop against the same FdL:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwgkHWROzcs&feature=youtu.be

What a destruction derby :eek:
Trying to kill a hull tanked ship (even if it's "only" a FdL without shields) with phasing pulses is like digging the Gotthardt tunnel with a tea spoon 😂
Also I should've remembered to turn off the three HD boosters directly after losing the biweaves the first time.

Although I tried to spare Paul I have to inform my audience he was ganked by a lightpole inside Robardin Rock.
Don't speed, criminal (dead) scum :LOL:

Yes, more TV stuff. So much fun after all that BGS grind the last weeks, thanks to all.

I was surprised how long I survived in the multi duel.
If I would have seen the pack-hounds earlier I wouldn't have agreed to use the shieldless one.:eek: But it's nice to see the impact of chaff and sinks on the missile targeting. I lost early on both chaffs and 2 sinks and the MCs were most of the time malfunctioning. No wonder the ammo lasted as long as it did. But it was still interesting just how long the fight went on.

2020-03-07 19-08-24 Carcosa.jpg

Am I a member of the 0% club or did Cthulhu prevented it then he pushed my against the railing? I heard a whisper: "You will not cheat death" and boom.

Who would have thought months ago that one day the usual words under Phisto's name in my contact list would turn around, even if only for 5 min. I'll take it. Yesterday I find a system there Jellicoe is not on the Leaderboard and today this, life is good in Colonia.

Interested Orca. I've yet to play with SCB, but I tried to shield tank one with GSR and felt like I had to juggle so much with pips that I either ran out of boost or capacitor and had to make the hard choice of not shooting but boosting, stop boosting but shooting, or less pip to shields while under direct fire. Not something I felt happy with. How do you deal with that?

Also seems I would have to go to Colonia to get some duels with those of you frequenting this thread. If anyone of you have the way past the bubble I'd be happy for a fight or 3.

Interested Orca. I've yet to play with SCB, but I tried to shield tank one with GSR and felt like I had to juggle so much with pips that I either ran out of boost or capacitor and had to make the hard choice of not shooting but boosting, stop boosting but shooting, or less pip to shields while under direct fire. Not something I felt happy with. How do you deal with that?

Also seems I would have to go to Colonia to get some duels with those of you frequenting this thread. If anyone of you have the way past the bubble I'd be happy for a fight or 3.

I finished the Orca around 2h before the fight and that was the 3rd test fight with it. I didn't had an issue with the weapons cap, it filled up nicely. Engine cap was a little more constrained and I couldn't boost as much as I wanted. I used 4-2-0 then I expect I'm going to get hit and 0-3-3 after the pass. I prioritized 4-2-0 to give my shields the highest possible multiplier and changed to 0-3-3 only if I knew I was l clear of being hit. Better to not shoot a whole salvo than get hit with 0 pips to system. I went by the "1. full sys then attacked, 2. fill eng to boost, and 3. weapons fill as much as possible without hurting 1. and 2." rule.
I'm just starting to use pip management and found out during that fight that my setup for pips was not ideal. That's why I like the shieldless builds, don't have to worry to much about it. I use a controller and had the PIP macro set for long press to not interfere with the menu functions of the pad. Combined with my input over-correction it resulted in a few tank slappers, you can see it in the video, there I seem to tumble around. It took me a while to get the Orca back under control. Now I have it on double click and hopefully it helps.
There are way more knowledgeable people who can explain proper PIP management then me, @Barnard17 comes to mind.

As I knew BigMaec didn't had a cascade rail on the FDS I banked whenever I lost enough shield to get all the MJs out of the SCBs. If not I would have banked at times where he couldn't hit me. I tried to use it offensively for getting the PAs into thermal conduit range, but failed on most banks. Only the last one worked as that one is hotbanked and I'm for a while at 300-400% heat.

Another go against @Paul Smith the 3rd, this time with my brand new cannon/PA FAS against his SCB Orca.

Ignore the ty pip management and the bad aim and about everything why I lost 😝
I just wanted to test the build.
As soon as the Colonia engineers have G5 cannons (they are at G4 atm), I can upgrade the cannons to
G5 long range with force shell ^^
I like the FAS, it's very nimble (when one does pip management, which I don't :eek:)

After that fight (exactly after that fight, Paul had his prismatics still down and was at 70% hull) we ran into an enemy CMDR directly
at Robardin Rock. We went after him but sadly he could highwake out with roughly 20% in his Krait.

gg man, but I'd love to have you seen explode :p
(of course I didn't record that one...)

Last edited:
I was hoping you didn't upload that fight. The TLB was so annoying and it took me a while to get going as I always lost lock before I wanted to shoot or line up the ram. I'm still learning how to pip manage the Orca better as I'm always short on a boost or two. The FAS was much harder to get into view than the FDS, I have to seriously gg with the Orca if I want to win the next fight.
The other guy finally deciding to leave after hours of pad hogging was unfortunate timing, 5 min later and we would have gotten him. I ended up limping to the station with 38% hull left. GG Ramses.;)

Top Bottom