PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Also goes to show against the shields and armour of the big ships the sheer firepower needed is immense. My Vette has G5 Prismatic's and they held for quite a long time under your attacks, even when the shield dropped chomping through the hull takes lots of bites.

I emptied a whole lot of overcharged MC's into your shields (2 have corrosive to be on the safe side) and it didn't get through.

An all MC FGS can be devastating to medium ships - obviously when flown by the right pilot. Which helps

You missed all the fun again

Had some fun with Vandaahl, having a day off and all. Unfortunately only silent video as OBS confused the audio sources:mad:. My Sidie was no match against his Viper, I think I only made the first shield ring chance color once. The VIper vs Viper duel was ended as we probably would be still at it, after like a gazillion ammo synths. Then we had an FdL vs FdL duel, lots of fun and force shell cannons work.:LOL:

I think it's a combination of your bloom being "disabled", your weapon color, and...

...this.

Tested it today as it bugged me. It's a combination of no bloom and weapons color. With bloom at any setting the white ball gets softer but still doesn't look like the PAs in Bigmaec's last video. Turning off the weapons color gave me a nice transparent blue ball (phasing, I think) at every setting. Still have to test how TC looks as I didn't had one on the ship I tested. The HUD has so much bloom it's quite irritating. Medium and ultra are the better settings, high had an aura around everything and started to hurt my eyes. I left it at medium as the explosions and rail hits look so much nicer, I like explosions. Also don't test your ship close to an Anarchy station with turrets in the same fire group and have the station still selected, they don't like that at all. My carrier budget had a small setback 😭.

You think you had problems?! I was all over the bloody place with my new keyboard binds! I'm still going backwards way too much when I want to be attacking, it's my thrust (not throttle, that's something different) control that's really letting me down right now. And I'm still wobbling around like someone who's had a long session on the Kongga Ale with Lavian Brandy top!

GG @Bigmaec was lots of fun!
If I've remembered correctly you're using K&M? For me, I found the most intuitive thruster setup to be;
Horizontal thrusters: W/A/S/D
Vertical thrusters: CTRL/Space
Roll: Q/E
With pitch+yaw on mouse.

I play FA-off with relative mouse on both axis at about 80%. I find this setup most closely resemble that of FPS and is closer to muscle memory, and the setup allow me to use any combination of the translational thrusters together, as there's 3 axis, thus needing 6 independent keys, and I got 5 fingers, leaving only forward/backward thrust which I couldn't theoretically press at once (but you never need to anyway). For pip management I use mouse 7 (or something like that) as a modifier and WASD with the default arrow key layout.

K&M indeed, mine is quite similar to yours, I use thrust up/down/left/right on w/s/q/e, yaw remains on A/D as per standard with pitch and roll on the mouse, again as standard. I use space and shift for thrust forwards and back with mouse 3 (roller) for throttle. Mouse 7 and 8 (the little ones on the side) as well for pip management to sys or wep as needed. UI focus which was on shift got bumped down to control

Same principal basically in that I keep both hands as in situ as possible. At the minute in combat I'm flipping between fa on and off quite a lot which I'm finding is helpful for me at this time. FA on is mostly used to re-establish myself if I've been whacked with cannon or something and occasionally to come to a dead stop quickly, which is useful for when I think the other guy is lining up a PA shot.

Mostly having played so long with the default set up any changes are taking a long time to adjust to. Appreciate the advice and thoughts on it. I'm in the bubble for a little bit so if you are around Shinrarta let me know if you fancy an easy win 😀

Been having a great time at Shinrarta, having several fights including a genuine win! 😎 At last!!!! My Gunship finally chalks up a victory! And a few defeats, but let's not wallow in normal practice!

GG to all those at Jameson earlier, I'm looking forward to more fun over the next few days.

Been having a great time at Shinrarta, having several fights including a genuine win! 😎 At last!!!! My Gunship finally chalks up a victory! And a few defeats, but let's not wallow in normal practice!

GG to all those at Jameson earlier, I'm looking forward to more fun over the next few days.
Congrats! Now get your ARX back up to Colonia, I need training :)

I leave here on Thursday, so be back Friday ready to go!

This is me in training! I've gone with 3 long range bust lasers and 4 focussed PA's build, with 2 flow control, 1 TLB and 1 Dispersal- I know efficient is better but if I want to hit with any regularity I need the faster shot speed!

Especially as my lasers are gimballed 😏

You've been in Shinrarta and you didn't tell me!? Make sure to hit me up before you leave. I wanna fight!

@Sir Ganksalot I'll be looking for you! I've only got one ship for combat here, so it's an FGS with PA's and burst lasers... funny enough I haven't seen many other FGS around? Weird!

Lots of gankers though, one guy in a Beluga (might have been an Orca) rammed me out of nowhere, I think he was a little surprised my hull didn't mind too much! I attacked him and had him down to 20% when his friends came, I was still on 95%, so I left! Chuckling at the experience!

Then I realised the point- everyone has crimes against me turned off, except he didn't. So now I've got a little old bounty on me in Shinrarta. Turns out it's a bit like having a target on your back!

Next time I'll take the rebuy from his friends but I'll last long enough to take him with me!

Had 2 FdL duels today. Slowly the bi-weave is becoming my favorite one of the 7 FdLs I have. First a fight against Bigmaec's meta FdL. I tried to be evasive, but it didn't really work. I lost my canopy due to a a direct plasma hit. I don't think a mrp would have saved it as I remember I one shoot Fuego's canopy and he had a bigger mrp in his FdL. It was interesting to use the leftover canopy pieces to try lining up the shot. Later I had a fight with CMDR Awetwookiee and it ended in a draw as he ran out of ammo(no explosion = no video).

The low quality of the PA shot might be related to the vr viewer window as it doesn't look like that in the googles. Even the HUD is a lighter color. I see if upping the res for the window does something.

Did you really had to upload that? I was soooo bad.
Will show my perspective but I was fumbling all over placing, overcorrecting,
and most of the hits I landed were pure luck shots or moments of good reaction.
I think I hit you twice with my imphammers. Oh boy, need lots more training...

All build and engineered locally, that's why I'm always out of raw mats. I bought one the first time I came to Colonia and didn't like it at all, so I stored the engineered modules and sold it. The engineered reactive armor in storage bugged me and I gave the FdL a 2nd try. With some changes to my controller layout and having gitting gud a little it all went better and I started to enjoy flying the FdL. As I hate to switch modules and the FdL has so many fun layouts I just build a new one every time. It's also only 100-200mil to build one, so not to expensive. The Colonia engineers really start to shine then you do that. 30 min and all done, if you have the mats.

I mainly uploaded it as I'm a little proud that I still could hit something sometimes with the broken canopy. That was a new one for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom