PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

I use mostly gimbals because I can't hit things in FAoff.
That's why I originally migrated to the Orbweaver--all digital inputs to the thrusters, and relative mouse for aiming, all of that precise maneuvering just felt impossible with the t16000. How do you deal with chaff spamming, and how do you plan on controlling your avatar on foot?

That's why I originally migrated to the Orbweaver--all digital inputs to the thrusters, and relative mouse for aiming, all of that precise maneuvering just felt impossible with the t16000. How do you deal with chaff spamming, and how do you plan on controlling your avatar on foot?
I once asked about this, I think with the release of the Odyssey console players will have a big problem and will need the opposite function to the autocentering mouse.

To keep the thread going until Bigmaec has some new content, here is another San Tu practice one.
This time against my archnemesis, Corky's flimsy but speedy FdL. We did 4 fights and the rocks helped me to win 1 of them and I had a gazillion more HP😭.
The video is from the last fight as it was the longest.

GG and I'm looking forward to more explosions.

To keep the thread going until Bigmaec has some new content, here is another San Tu practice one.
This time against my archnemesis, Corky's flimsy but speedy FdL. We did 4 fights and the rocks helped me to win 1 of them and I had a gazillion more HP😭.
The video is from the last fight as it was the longest.

GG and I'm looking forward to more explosions.

Nice, and good to see Corky too.

I have two Furrylances in San Tu now, cleaned two lows for the Dragons, saw Yianniv doing the same (at least I presume he did),
but no one else. I think I'm not gonna add a lot of content though, as I love flying in VR again but capping that is not very good.

what if they're spores

growing steadily under the surface, you only ever see the occasional fruiting body that provides the merest hint as to the scale of the thing spreading beneath
I once used something like this, to explain my own psychopathic tendencies. Your Honour, it festers and grows inside me and sometimes, I just can't stop it popping to the surface. He just didn't seem to understand and locked me up anyway.

I'm baaahaaack 🥳

Had my first 1v1 since ages.

Still can't do pips.
Still can't hit anything with a FdL lol.
But haha ship goes boom, even if it's mine.

Source: https://youtu.be/7hcEVdOOFt8

FdL build "Trainy McTrainerface"

Also still no ganker yet.
But I considered when I saw an unshielded trade Cutter at the CG :devilish:

By the way:
That oversteer on the t16000 is terribad.
I already have curves, maybe they aren't set up good :unsure:
curves.jpg

I'm baaahaaack 🥳

Had my first 1v1 since ages.

Still can't do pips.
Still can't hit anything with a FdL lol.
But haha ship goes boom, even if it's mine.

Source: https://youtu.be/7hcEVdOOFt8

You are doing great. You fly fa off.

What I would do is submit your vid to the Video help channel in Evaluations in the Galactic Combat Initiative Discord. There you will get far more advanced and knowledgeable instruction than here. Anyone of any ability should use such a valuable resource.

Somethings you probably already know:
Pip management for the FDL meta build is always maxing out the needed capacitor in the shortest amount of time. Almost everybody uses 420, 024, 240 and 042. Your default pips should always have x-4-x. You need to learn to put those pips into muscle memory, which can be done easily with npcs. Within wep distance of target, 420, after firing 024 for a tiny bit then 042 until weps is full then 240 until within target's weps distance again. That alone will increase the amount of times you can boost and thus maneuverability.

The FDL is glorious with 4 pips to engines. A boost should ideally be always readily available.

o7

Forgot to add, if you are fighting a SRB rail meta FDL, all you need to do is make sure you are not within 1km because that is where the SRB rail dropoff begins. Use the 2km PA dropoff to your advantage. Easier said than done, of course.

[EDIT] There is a lot of talk about not chasing the reticle. Well, that is especially true if you are in the rocks. I'm not so sure if that is true in an open space duel. The thing to watch is when the opponent reticle jerks, then you know they have boosted. You then boost afterwards and then are more likely to get an easy shot. So try following the reticle more?

Last edited:
Got another fight, this time I got pulled at the CG in Duamta.

Damn, was I outclassed o_O

Pip macros make the pip management a bit better, have to get used to only clicking once and
have to muscle-remember to use the "up" macro more often after boosting and to "right" directly after passing the enemy,
as @Slange Lands mentioned. But the pure speed of the voice attack macro is a gazillion times better then manually clicking.

Source: https://youtu.be/nNWsg-qDoAI

gg kerwm and sorry I bailed out, but I won't pay a rebuy if it's not prearranged :LOL:

Top Bottom