ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Beta End

There was a bug reported about Thargoid visual downgrades (its spikes) so I do wonder if things are being twiddled.
Curious... My main was in Colonia on 18th November (back there yesterday) so the beta very conveniently put in in an area with loads of eye candy, but not a lot else :)
Overall, in my perception, 'detail' had been enhanced on bodies too, but being in the bubble for a couple of weeks prior to the beta my mind may have been playing tricks.
Maybe textures had a tweak and the Thargoids higher quality were misnamed or similar.

Curious... My main was in Colonia on 18th November (back there yesterday) so the beta very conveniently put in in an area with loads of eye candy, but not a lot else :)
Overall, in my perception, 'detail' had been enhanced on bodies too, but being in the bubble for a couple of weeks prior to the beta my mind may have been playing tricks.
Maybe textures had a tweak and the Thargoids higher quality were misnamed or similar.

I certainly hope it was a level of detail bug, because it looked very, very bad.

1575199404_37214.jpg

Could the one in the beta be a different variant? The spikes have quite a diffent shape and are much shorter at the tips of the petals.

It might be, but because the spikes are all the same (just repeated)it looks like some effort to reduce assets (maybe for memory or performance reasons / proc gen on Thargoids maybe?)

It's also worth mentioning that although you keep referring to the change in NS jet cones as an upgrade, it's been confirmed as a bug and seen by most as a downgrade.
Where is the confirmation? All I see there is a report and single confirmation. (which doesn't seem 'many') I added my own (positive) comment & link to video to the line.
My impression was an improvement, so if it was a bug it improved rather than degraded ;)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Where is the confirmation? All I see there is a report and single confirmation. (which doesn't seem 'many') I added my own (positive) comment & link to video to the line.
My impression was an improvement, so if it was a bug it improved rather than degraded ;)
The issue has been confirmed, as you can vote on it. The only way an issue can become confirmed if it has less than 10 replies (and possibly even if it has more) is by someone at FD changing it.

For what it's worth I visited 1 NS and didn't notice any difference. I looked after you had initially mentioned it in the Beta feedback.

The issue has been confirmed, as you can vote on it. The only way an issue can become confirmed if it has less than 10 replies (and possibly even if it has more) is by someone at FD changing it.

For what it's worth I visited 1 NS and didn't notice any difference. I looked after you had initially mentioned it in the Beta feedback.
I did post this previously:

Really quite impressive :)
As I was around 5KLy from Colonia and was 'searching' for new WD classes, I ran into quite a few :)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I did post this previously:

Really quite impressive :)
As I was around 5KLy from Colonia and was 'searching' for new WD classes, I ran into quite a few :)
Surely the end of that is a bug though, you can clearly see a line where it break and flips the animation around. It goes from a wave pattern to a circular one.

Surely the end of that is a bug though, you can clearly see a line where it break and flips the animation around. It goes from a wave pattern to a circular one.
Yeah, spotted it in the game. Doesn’t work well IMHO. Definitely wouldn’t class it as in upgrade personally.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I'll video the same star from live later, it isn't too far away, it will make a good comparison - thanks for the inspiration :)
Yeah I did a comparison with the Neutron star I was at, though I didn't take a video unfortunately because there was no difference. I'm not sure whether it's because of my graphics card, or just that NS wasn't different. It was 18 Camelopardalis in the bubble.

All the information you've been able to provide will go towards aiding the development team in ensuring that, come the launch of the January Update, as many bugs and issues are addressed as possible.
Does this imply that ONLY "bugs and issues" will be fixed/addressed, but otherwise everything we've seen will go into the game unchanged from what was in the beta?

They don't automatically uninstall. On the plus side, if you have downloaded the beta it will significantly speed up your patch process when the update goes live.

Top Bottom