ANNOUNCEMENT January Update is out now!

I play the game without a video card and it is as smooth as molten butter for me.

(I have a brand spanking new Ryzen 3400G CPU system. The video card is in the CPU, I didn't realise it when I bought it. I wanted to re-use a 10 year old 2GB video card from my old system but pleasantly discovered I didn't need it. I also can't afford a 200 euro or more video card so it was an added bonus. Once I find Raxxla I will buy a video card...)

Thankfully for the Commanders experiencing this issue, Frontier are already on top of it. I wish you all luck tomorrow. O7

Just logged on. My ship was parked on a planet far from the bubble at a geological site. Hopped in the rover, scanned the geyser, boarded the ship and went to system map and … game crash. ED has never crashed on me before, so...yeah. Sent the crash report on.

Greetings Commanders,

The January Update is now live!

This update is part of our plan to address recent and longstanding issues, fixing as many high priority bugs and issues as possible:

Exploration
Following the feedback gathered from the open beta, we've implemented an alternative solution to help mitigate the long delay when scanning planets with geological/biological sites. Now, when scanning a planet, commanders will receive an indication of the likelihood of that planet having any geological/biological sites ranging from Unlikely, Likely or Very Likely. Alternatively, commanders can wait for the full scan (which takes a little longer) to complete to get an exact number of geological/biological sites.

Background Simulation and Powerplay
We've introduced a number of new Background Simulation states which can threaten a faction's economic and security prosperity, as well as introduced a number of Powerplay fixes and recalculations to better improve the feature.
  • The new Faction States are Blight, Natural Disaster, Infrastructure Failure, Drought, Terrorist Attack, and Public Holiday.

We've also implemented fixes when mining in a wing for those lucrative deep-cores, taking on seeming-invincible Thargoids, Collector Limpets scraping against one's hull, rubber-banding ships and visual artifacts ruining well-timed screenshots. Click here to read all of the fixes in the January Update!

Commanders, please check out this thread for information on Patch One for the January Update. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/january-update-patch-one.535406/
Thank you for patch:

bug i found:

- Numbering of geosites or biosites have been vanished... this was very helpfull for explorers or harvesting commanders.... without numbers e.g. geosite (1)...geosite (2) on planets we have only the distance value but this constantly change of course and will turn out as not working compared to numbers.... and confuses us to know where already harvested and where not.... please bring it back :)

To be more precise numbering is no longer in "Navigation" menu only in the planet location view during flying over planet.

Last edited:
Thank you for patch:

bug i found:

- Numbering of geosites or biosites have been vanished... this was very helpfull for explorers or harvesting commanders.... without numbers e.g. geosite (1)...geosite (2) on planets we have only the distance value but this constantly change of course and will turn out as not working compared to numbers.... and confuses us to know where already harvested and where not.... please bring it back :)

To be more precise numbering is no longer in "Navigation" menu only in the planet location view during flying over planet.

Thats very annoying! I cant find the geo site again. This and CZ progress bar bug means January Update Patch 2 closing in.... :mad:

signgeo.jpg

It would be nice if FD would communicate at what time they'd apply the patch and if it would require a game client update...

They have not solved the black rectangle in the chat, nor have they fixed the offset icons in the muti crew menu...

We have an error since 2016, the year the class 4 multichannels were introduced and the gimballed have an error, they use the fixed assembly.

That was a (worryingly quick) quick update, let's see what we get....

Well maybe I was right to worry - anyone else getting the MASSIVE stutter issue when dropping/flying/etc???

Yup - All of a sudden my ships are jerking around like crazy, universe is jumping frames every few seconds - It's really bad actually -
I hope Frontier get on to this quickly - I love this game and this is interupting my quest to diagnosis all the problems I have after
updating all my other software...

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Yup - All of a sudden my ships are jerking around like crazy, universe is jumping frames every few seconds - It's really bad actually -
I hope Frontier get on to this quickly - I love this game and this is interupting my quest to diagnosis all the problems I have after
updating all my other software...

Hey CMDR,

What platform are you playing on? A patch went out today to fix the stuttering issue on PC, and we have a patch for this issue coming to consoles early next week :)

Hey CMDR,

What platform are you playing on? A patch went out today to fix the stuttering issue on PC, and we have a patch for this issue coming to consoles early next week :)

I'm on PC (Windows 10 Pro 7700k RTX 2060 16G Ram MX500 1TB SSD Z270 MB) - Yeah it's not fixed - It's a little better but I don't think stuttering really describes it -
Since the update it seems to jump about 4 or 5 frames forward randomly but quite frequently, like it's just decided it can't be bothered rendering the next few frames and it wants to introduce time traveling forward into gameplay. Had no problems like this before the update. Not good, would be horrible on VR I think, disorientating.
EDIT Pre school spelling

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
I'm on PC (Windows 10 Pro 7700k RTX 2060 16G Ram MX500 1TB SSD Z270 MB) - Yeah it's not fixed - It's a little better but I don't think stuttering really describes it -
Since the update it seems to jump about 4 or 5 frames forward randomly but quite frequently, like it's just decided it can't be bothered rendering the next few frames and it wants to introduce time traveling forward into gameplay. Had no problems like this before the update. Not good, would be horrible on VR I think, disorientating.
EDIT Pre school spelling

That definitely sounds like a different issue! Could you pop a report onto the issue tracker with the details of your PC specs so we can investigate? https://issues.frontierstore.net/

That definitely sounds like a different issue! Could you pop a report onto the issue tracker with the details of your PC specs so we can investigate? https://issues.frontierstore.net/

Ok but it's the same behaviour as far as I can tell, not that I'm an expert -
It was doing exactly this when you dropped into a system -
Only difference is now it's not doing it constantly every 3 seconds -
Now it's like every 10 or 15 but I'll try and put a report in.

It won't let me login - It says you must login to submit a report -
I disabled ublock, allwowed ALL cookies made sure javascript was on but no matter what I do it just
keeps sending me in an infinite loop - Login, submit report, you must log in to submit a report -
Sorry it's 4-24 am in the here I'm sorry can't keep doing this I have to do my RA medications and stuff.
I'll try when I get up again.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
It won't let me login - It says you must login to submit a report -
I disabled ublock, allwowed ALL cookies made sure javascript was on but no matter what I do it just
keeps sending me in an infinite loop - Login, submit report, you must log in to submit a report -
Sorry it's 4-24 am in the here I'm sorry can't keep doing this I have to do my RA medications and stuff.
I'll try when I get up again.

Sorry to hear that CMDR. It may be an issue with your browser. Could you try another browser or device? Feel free to simply drop me a DM if you have further trouble!

Top Bottom