ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch 1 Announcement

Stuttering is an annoyance but pleased the asteroid notifications have been altered. Now a couple of lines rather than every individual asteroid scrolling throughout :)

Who's shocked? not me. They always manage to break something when they fix stuff which is why i wasn't happy they put FC's back to have a bug fixing period when in fact the real reason they were put back is they simply wasn't ready to be released. What will happen now is months more of fixes and FC's will be included with the paid update so we're not getting them for free as promised(always their plan) or they come when update was supposed to and update will be put back till next year

Okay, okay... I'm not going to hop onto the negativity train. Please, though, for the love of all things holy, tell me that you've done a root cause analysis to figure out how this bug made it into the game, and come up with a way to prevent this particular kind of bug from being undetected in the future?

Although i'm thankful for the rapid response to this problem i'm also confused, wasn't this meant to be a bug fixing period and not a bug introduction one, what's worse is most of the bugs you're trying to fix iv'e never experienced and now because of this update i'm having this awful hyperspace stuttering bug so thanks for ruining the game for me, also why are there 5 days difference between PC and console fixes, don't us console players matter as much? Forgive me for that if there's a technical reason behind it.

iu

I am happy for this quick fix.

I don't mean to be sour but I have to agree. Why was there a beta then? Why so much time between it and now? How much coding was done after? Why are there MAJOR near game breaking issues with every patch? Yes, I'm glad they are working on it quickly but these issues should be caught BEFORE the patch goes live, especially given how relatively tiny this update was. We waited 6 months for this where this is what many other games would release on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

Hope it is fixed soon just don't understand why this has to have with every single update we ever get pretty much without fail.
Couldn't agree more and whats worse for me is content was put back for this although i suspect it's just that FC's weren't ready. Big fan of your Youtube channel, it's helped me out numerous times so thank you

Okay, okay... I'm not going to hop onto the negativity train. Please, though, for the love of all things holy, tell me that you've done a root cause analysis to figure out how this bug made it into the game, and come up with a way to prevent this particular kind of bug from being undetected in the future?
Are you saying that they have tools to identify problems that they are not identifying?

Although i'm thankful for the rapid response to this problem i'm also confused, wasn't this meant to be a bug fixing period and not a bug introduction one, what's worse is most of the bugs you're trying to fix iv'e never experienced and now because of this update i'm having this awful hyperspace stuttering bug so thanks for ruining the game for me, also why are there 5 days difference between PC and console fixes, don't us console players matter as much? Forgive me for that if there's a technical reason behind it.

I suspect that Microsoft and Sony have a few hoops that need to be jumped through before they allow 3rd party code to release on their platforms.

Last edited:
A few of us ran a some tests today. We saw the market prices changing by the minute which can be interesting to try and keep track of.

We did however find what we feel is a problem.

Test No. 1

Two ships loaded full of Painite land at the same location, at the same time. My cargo hold is at 256 (Anaconda) Wing ship had a cargo hold of 509 (Cutter). We checked the commodities market at the exact same time, my price on screen (Anaconda) at Ross 71 System - Hopkins terminal shows 931,370 CR , The Cutters price is 628,541 CR over a 300,000 CR difference between the two of us. The demand at the station is 1,190 units and we combined had less than this. To me that feels broken. This does not appear to be market demand driven price but a cargo size issue.

The Anacondas cargo gets sold and is set to zero.

Test. No. 2 - We both exit the station, transfer 102 Painite from the Cutter to the Anaconda and re-enter the station.
The Cutters Price on 389 Painite goes up 731,501 CR and the 102 Panite in the Anacondas hold is 931,370 CR. The same demand at 1,190

Test No. 3 - Once again, exit the station and perform the same procedure. Cutter is now 269 Painite - Anaconda at 210 Painite
Cutters Price is now gone up to : 842,460 CR at the same time the Anacondas price is at 895,049 CR Demand at 1,190

Test No. 4 - Make both ships carry the same amount of 210 Painite - Cutters price: 842,460 CR Anacondas Price : 895,049

Clearly the smaller cargo amounts are generating higher values. This needs to be looked into unless of course, this is being done by design.
Also note the Cutters 53,000 CR less per Ton in Test No.4 at the exact same.

Kerrygan

Last edited:
Top Bottom