ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch 1 Announcement

Instancing is super bad, some people just popping up and disappearing when traveling in SC.
You see them all the time with status [NOW] in history but in social they are randomly blinking.
After some time I got this twice:

He4Cfbf.png

The Beta lasted a week, which was way too short to test seriously. It was a nod in the direction of those of us who pleaded for a beta.

Meanwhile, coding (and re-coding) continued, which resulted in some things not being re-beta tested, such as the stuttering planets issue. To be fair, this was probably only identifiable once a large player base was active; it was probably perfectly smooth with a few devs giving it a test run before release.

At least the fix is fast, so it shows they are on top of things once we identify them. :)

LOL that must be aggresive targoid, Now I get it whenever I do interdiction on cmdr
4 this in a row. Congratulation Frontier, SUPERB patch!
HshGPxk.png

"thanks, nice and fast"
"Thanks for the quick fix"

Console players, we'll get around to fixing it for you 'some time next week'

Epic.

Blame that console of yours for that Epic delay ;) It's the console maker's process to get the release out which causes the further delay. They'll have the patch likely the same day as the PC but Xbone and PlayaloneStation have to do their own QA before releasing it to their consoles.

Actually, the issue with some patches taking so long is they have to support the consoles. Back before this game lived on any consoles we got quicker releases/updates. It was noted when it was first released for Xbone that updates would suffer delays in getting out as some HAD to be released together, you know PC & Console, so PC users got to wait for a Xbone release - which was most of the time much longer than one week. An update in one week is pretty Epicly fast for a console

Are you saying that they have tools to identify problems that they are not identifying?
I don't know what tools they have, but at the very least it's worth looking through the steps that they took when developing for this release and figuring out where they missed something. Custom software will always have bugs, but they really should be opportunities to figure out where there's a weakness of sorts.

Blame that console of yours for that Epic delay ;) It's the console maker's process to get the release out which causes the further delay. They'll have the patch likely the same day as the PC but Xbone and PlayaloneStation have to do their own QA before releasing it to their consoles.

Actually, the issue with some patches taking so long is they have to support the consoles. Back before this game lived on any consoles we got quicker releases/updates. It was noted when it was first released for Xbone that updates would suffer delays in getting out as some HAD to be released together, you know PC & Console, so PC users got to wait for a Xbone release - which was most of the time much longer than one week. An update in one week is pretty Epicly fast for a console

Now if only a few Xbone and Playalone QA play testers were die hard Elite players SOMEONE would have tested the patch ;) I'm joking but really.... six months for THIS?

Please tell me all the staff that actually like playing Elite are working on the next game and not just some animal poop.

I've been jumping around in open, mostly pirate-hunting missions today, but also a little hauling - and haven't experienced any stuttering at all. So it's obviously not affecting everyone, which I guess is what makes it harder to have picked up pre-release.

Top Bottom