Patch Notes January Update - Patch 1

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

An update to Elite Dangerous on PC will be released at 12:00 PM UTC today (15 January). This is a client-side update and there will be no downtime, however a game update will be required.

Please find the patch notes below:
  • Fixed a stuttering issue caused by requesting data for all planets on arrival in a system.
As mentioned in our January Update - Patch 1 Announcement thread, this patch will be available for consoles next week. We will also be releasing a concurrent patch for all platforms that will address a number of other high priority issues. We will have more information about what fixes will be included in this patch early next week.

If you have encountered a bug or error with the January Update, please do report this straight to our Issue Tracker so that we can continue to investigate!

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings Commanders,

An update to Elite Dangerous on PC will be released at 12:00 PM UTC today (15 January). This is a client-side update and there will be no downtime, however a game update will be required.

Please find the patch notes below:
  • Fixed a stuttering issue caused by requesting data for all planets on arrival in a system.
As mentioned in our January Update - Patch 1 Announcement thread, this patch will be available for consoles next week. We will also be releasing a concurrent patch for all platforms that will address a number of other high priority issues. We will have more information about what fixes will be included in this patch early next week.

If you have encountered a bug or error with the January Update, please do report this straight to our Issue Tracker so that we can continue to investigate!
Nice to hear! Thx!

Oh, so THAT explains why I only noticed it happening my my home system and not the place where I was running missions. The latter only has seven bodies and none of them are landable :D

Hmm, so it doesn't seem to pre-scan the planets at a lower rate - it seems to be just 'on demand', so we have a wait on each planet if we want the full details. That's what we initial thought we would get so it's ok - shame that the pre-scan in yesterday's patch was a bit aggressive, as it was a lot faster.

Another introduction of new bugs despite the (very short) beta.
Was the beta too short or did they drop the ball after.
Certainly getting persistent with bringing out new issues.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

Hello Paige,
could you tell the team if they could increase the incursion states,please?
Many players or groups,are fast killing thargs, so AX combat zones disappear very fast.
I have also read that in these states tharg interdictions can occur, I have been playing for a year and half, transporting many meta-alloys and I have not yet seen the thargoid interdiction cinematic.Thanks very much.
Or can any player give me any suggestions to make it happen to me? Thanks in advance.

[...]
I have also read that in these states tharg interdictions can occur, I have been playing for a year and half, transporting many meta-alloys and I have not yet seen the thargoid interdiction cinematic.
Or can any player give me any suggestions to make it happen to me? Thanks in advance.

I'm playing 13 months and I wasn't hyperdicted either... till last week when Thargs returned to WHN sector. I was interdicted twice in a row when entering the system with incrusion state :)

Glad for the quick fix; but worried to see the notes saying it's fixing something about arriving to a system, since the stutter problem never went away no matter how long we stayed in any system....

But a quick test shows that performance is back to normal for me, so I guess this worked!

I have also read that in these states tharg interdictions can occur, I have been playing for a year and half, transporting many meta-alloys and I have not yet seen the thargoid interdiction cinematic.Thanks very much.
Hyperdictions are very common jumping into Incursion systems - if you've been visiting AX CZ I'm surprised you haven't had one.

One possible way to trigger getting hyperdictions that people believe in is to be scanned by a Thargoid Sensor - easiest way would be to go to the crash site in HIP 17403 and let the sensor scan you as you approach the site - though if you've already been scanned (likely if you have every unlocked Palin) then I have no other ideas, though it does seem some people just don't get hyperdictions 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom