Patch Notes January Update - Patch 1

Hello Paige,
could you tell the team if they could increase the incursion states,please?
Many players or groups,are fast killing thargs, so AX combat zones disappear very fast.
I have also read that in these states tharg interdictions can occur, I have been playing for a year and half, transporting many meta-alloys and I have not yet seen the thargoid interdiction cinematic.Thanks very much.
Or can any player give me any suggestions to make it happen to me? Thanks in advance.
Will you be repairing the damaged stations?

I'm playing 13 months and I wasn't hyperdicted either... till last week when Thargs returned to WHN sector. I was interdicted twice in a row when entering the system with incrusion state :)

Yes, last night I tried to go to the witch's head because there were 2 systems in a raid state, but when I arrived they had already defeated / disappeared.

(sigh)😔 I visited some clouds of lagrange instead to not miss the trip,at least I had a disturbing experience, I entered a dark area of the cloud, turned on night vision, and i verified that I was surrounded by skewers of metal crystals,scary.😐

Hyperdictions are very common jumping into Incursion systems - if you've been visiting AX CZ I'm surprised you haven't had one.

One possible way to trigger getting hyperdictions that people believe in is to be scanned by a Thargoid Sensor - easiest way would be to go to the crash site in HIP 17403 and let the sensor scan you as you approach the site - though if you've already been scanned (likely if you have every unlocked Palin) then I have no other ideas, though it does seem some people just don't get hyperdictions 🤷‍♀️

Yes, I went to the raid area, but they had already defeated it. I have never really fought in an ax combat zone, I got into a long time ago without the proper ship. I've only killed thargoides in no human signals.
I think I started playing when thargoides were retreating,It took me a few months to follow the elite story or lore to keep up on date,

It was almost impossible while touching all the buttons on my ship haha,now I will try to be more attentive to the states,thanks guys.

Yes, last night I tried to go to the witch's head because there were 2 systems in a raid state, but when I arrived they had already defeated / disappeared.

(sigh)😔 I visited some clouds of lagrange instead to not miss the trip,at least I had a disturbing experience, I entered a dark area of the cloud, turned on night vision, and i verified that I was surrounded by skewers of metal crystals,scary.😐
Oldviboy, read first post in this thread,
should help you.
Factabulous usually keeps it updated with relevant information. (y)
:alien:🔨

Last edited:
Will you be repairing the damaged stations?

Yes, I repaired some, but in a very random way, another thing that I have not seen and I think I lost, is to the Thargoids on the surfaces of the planets, since when I needed meta alloys at the time, I visited many exhausted fields of perches, completely all, (I got them in the bases).
Then I read what had happened and resigned myself.

So it is safe to assume the patch successfully fixed the stuttering? At work atm, cannot check it myself.

O7,
🙃

Am deep in the black, and suffered terrible stutters yesterday (posting the actual issue on the tracker) and I have had no stutters today post mini patch.

The Geo and Bio sites don't resolve instantly now as a result, it takes a couple of seconds which is no biggie to me (vs the stuttering upon entering most systems that was jarring) but I see some people dont like that.

Personally for me the trade off is worth it, I understand for those who didnt get stuttering it isn't, but for me it was deeply uncomfortable to have to wait 5-10 seconds on entering almost every system to wait for the stuttering to end, and for those in VR it made the game unplayable.

I think its a trade off that's worth it - particularly as the probability in brackets of sites IS still instant so.

Still would like to know what happens if you don't wait for the FSS to resolve the scan for the planetary features by moving on to the next body. Does the scan gets cancelled or does it finish in the background regardless of what you do?

Still would like to know what happens if you don't wait for the FSS to resolve the scan for the planetary features by moving on to the next body. Does the scan gets cancelled or does it finish in the background regardless of what you do?
Test & report back, the patch is live now :D

Well, I've just tested a couple of systems so far, but as far as I can tell : if a land-able planet has geo/bio stuff on it, it will initially say "likely etc". Stay on that planet to scan it to be sure. Moving onto another planet before the full scan has ended will abort this scan - no scans happen in the background FOR THE FSS. Which I think many wanted because of the frame rate issues (before jan patch) caused by these background scans.

HOWEVER, if you want to be fully sure whether a planet has geo/bio on it, you can go to the system map and click on the planet - it will say "Resolving...". This does work in the background, so you can move onto other planets and then come back again and it'll shows geo[5] bio[6] etc

Seems like a good system, as the system map is where you go to find out the full information for a planet once the FSS has been finished. Before you had to try and find the planet again in the FSS which wasn't always easy.

I still get a noticeable "shift" when I enter the station.

Not a game breaker, just moderately annoying.

Greetings Commanders,

An update to Elite Dangerous on PC will be released at 12:00 PM UTC today (15 January). This is a client-side update and there will be no downtime, however a game update will be required.

Please find the patch notes below:
  • Fixed a stuttering issue caused by requesting data for all planets on arrival in a system.
As mentioned in our January Update - Patch 1 Announcement thread, this patch will be available for consoles next week. We will also be releasing a concurrent patch for all platforms that will address a number of other high priority issues. We will have more information about what fixes will be included in this patch early next week.

If you have encountered a bug or error with the January Update, please do report this straight to our Issue Tracker so that we can continue to investigate!

Is this patch just for PC? I'm still having stuttering issues on original xbox, restarted the console a few times now and I haven't seen any updates come through.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Is this patch just for PC? I'm still having stuttering issues on original xbox, restarted the console a few times now and I haven't seen any updates come through.

As mentioned in our January Update - Patch 1 Announcement thread, this patch will be available for consoles next week. We will also be releasing a concurrent patch for all platforms that will address a number of other high priority issues. We will have more information about what fixes will be included in this patch early next week. :)

Top Bottom