Patch Notes January Update - Patch 1

I'm actually struggling to understand the purpose of the "likelihood feature". If someone cares about GEO/BIO signal, they will wait that 10ish seconds regardless of how likely it is to find something. If they don't care about it, they will just hop on to the next body. In this state of the FSS i don't see the point of putting that on the screen.
Apparently on some hardware it took much longer than 10 ish seconds for each planet which will get tiresome for almost anyone after the 47th time.

I don't know if this is a mistake/bug and someone else noticed it, but now you can scan the planets directly from the system map when you arrive at any system, new or not.
You can point to each planet and start scanning in the background, it seems. Personally it doesn't bother me ,and I even find it nice if you sense that there may be something on a planet in particular, but I like the FSS anyway.
Those who don´t like the FSS, this may be a solution instead of looking it as a error.

I don't know if this is a mistake/bug and someone else noticed it, but now you can scan the planets directly from the system map when you arrive at any system, new or not.
You can point to each planet and start scanning in the background, it seems. Personally it doesn't bother me ,and I even find it nice if you sense that there may be something on a planet in particular, but I like the FSS anyway.
Those who don´t like the FSS, this may be a solution instead of looking it as a error.

when you arrive into an undiscovered system, the only thing you see on the system map is the stars and asteroid belts. how do you point at planets?

EDIT: i think what that someone meant is that you can do the scan for the surface signals from the system map instead of the FSS. like this:

when you arrive into an undiscovered system, the only thing you see on the system map is the stars and asteroid belts. how do you point at planets?

EDIT: i think what that someone meant is that you can do the scan for the surface signals from the system map instead of the FSS. like this:

Yes, I think I meant that and systems not discovered by me, not by another commanders i think,because I went to several systems where I had not been and it happened.

Greetings Commanders,

An update to Elite Dangerous on PC will be released at 12:00 PM UTC today (15 January). This is a client-side update and there will be no downtime, however a game update will be required.

Please find the patch notes below:
  • Fixed a stuttering issue caused by requesting data for all planets on arrival in a system.
As mentioned in our January Update - Patch 1 Announcement thread, this patch will be available for consoles next week. We will also be releasing a concurrent patch for all platforms that will address a number of other high priority issues. We will have more information about what fixes will be included in this patch early next week.

If you have encountered a bug or error with the January Update, please do report this straight to our Issue Tracker so that we can continue to investigate!

New bug that I was hoping would be corrected after the patch to the patch, but it is not. When you boost the audio will fade out completely to silence instead of back to normal cruising engine sounds. After 2 to 3 seconds the engine sounds come back. Very annoying, especially in VR. I'll be reporting in the issue tracker.

EDIT: Posted: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/11993

Last edited:
The combat zone issue is serious and we'd appreciate its swift resolution. The progress bar disappears when an allied ship is destroyed and thereafter the zone (and any objectives) can't be completed.
It is obvious issue and probably will be fixed soon enough.

But for now it makes CZs work in a “classic” way. Which makes massacre missions (designed with unlimited CZ in mind) doable again.
I already done several missions with 80-90 kills and plan to do some more while it works this way.
Honestly I hate new CZ behavior and very glad it reverted to old “unlimited action”, even if it just a bug.

I don't know why people seem surprised by this. How else can the information be available in the system map?
Because that doesn't seem to be what happens in the FSS - zoom in to start a scan, zoom out. Wait a minute. Zoom back in and see the scan start again...

Or change over to the sysmap and queue things up as before. It's just a bug like the POI numbers going missing - I'm sure it will get fixed.

Hello @muroko,

The scan will finish in the background.

Well it doesn't, at least not in the FSS and it's great actually.

Interesting - that's not what people are reporting. I don't see an open issue yet, but now you confirm how it should be working I guess we can raise one!

Please don't! It's actually the one thing that got fixed for me! If someone just wants to scan the system, the stutters caused by those background scans are gone!

Top Bottom