Patch Notes January Update - Patch 2

I would personally go with a Galaxy wide nerf of all markets.
Credits are far too easy to come by now.

Result: The cost of everything is devalued (it's now possible to get one of the big ships within a couple of hours of play) so everything becomes worthles
Knock-on result: With everything now being worthless, value tends zero. Gankers now do not have to think about funding their ganking and attack other commanders without any real repercussions to their gameplay.

Nerf the lot.
Make a missions pay much lower values so you have to earn you way in the game.
Make the time spent mining actually only make a lot of money if you spend a lot of time doing it.
Make Exploration only pay for newly found systems - and in those cases, pay a lot

Why does the executable always hang when exiting the game when a patch is announced. At first I thought I was cutting the time to patch too close, but we've got 40 minutes before going offline. Not a big deal, but always makes me a little nervous.
Yeah - I noticed that too. Had to kill the client in order to exit. Weird.

Result: The cost of everything is devalued (it's now possible to get one of the big ships within a couple of hours of play) so everything becomes worthles
Knock-on result: With everything now being worthless, value tends zero. Gankers now do not have to think about funding their ganking and attack other commanders without any real repercussions to their gameplay.

Nerf the lot.
Make the time spent mining actually only make a lot of money if you spend a lot of time doing it.
Make Exploration only pay for newly found systems - and in those cases, pay a lot

It's easy to say this when you are an Elite with how many hours in the game. New players are enjoying the money and we work hard to make the credits. I can see if you have a Krait MKII and you are Elite in Trade & Exploration, and DEADLY in Combat it might seem easy to come by money...

It's easy to say this when you are an Elite with how many hours in the game. New players are enjoying the money and we work hard to make the credits. I can see if you have a Krait MKII and you are Elite in Trade & Exploration, and DEADLY in Combat it might seem easy to come by money...
My 2nd alt has just left the starter area, even with existing game experience it takes a little while to gain credits/experience/engineering unlocks.
The 'easiest' way to progress is to pick a 'home' station, become allied with the factions there and run missions, pay will rise per mission and it really will appear to be very fast progress to better ships/modules/credits from there on. It is just getting over the beginner's 'hump' where everything is low paid etc.
Have fun, try not to grind your way there :)

My 2nd alt has just left the starter area, even with existing game experience it takes a little while to gain credits/experience/engineering unlocks.
The 'easiest' way to progress is to pick a 'home' station, become allied with the factions there and run missions, pay will rise per mission and it really will appear to be very fast progress to better ships/modules/credits from there on. It is just getting over the beginner's 'hump' where everything is low paid etc.
Have fun, try not to grind your way there :)
But most of us can't help the grinding urge. That is also one of the tensions keeping this game exiting. Not being able to just get what you want right away. It does get better with time (cr) but I do remember that big shiny Cutter I could see in the shipyard, and thinking I couldn't live without it. Now I know I was wrong, but I had to grind my way to buy one to realize that it wasn't what I had expected. Human nature and all that :)

Nerf the lot.

Something along those lines. To balance it out would give the players opportunities to earn more credits for time-limited occasions, like at community goals and by seeding the galaxy with potential gold rushes by implementing proper supply/demand mechanics for every in-game activity.

How do you show that cool signature?

go to your feel on Inara and set a main ship by pressing the M button

5481579611650c509.png

Honestly I see that quality of every new ED updates is getting smaller and smaller. If previous small bug fix updates bring more bugs that need to be fix even with beta access (too short to be honest to do all necessary tests), new content will be one big bug that will be patched next 2 years.

Really what is going on FD, you lack of emplyees or what?

I've been playing for a month, so for 90% of my play time, all I've heard about this how profitable mining is. Now it's gone back to normal, I prefer the game. I think the means of earning money across different industries is about right now, and I say that as someone who has just 100k to my name at the moment. (obviously I have a lot more in assets though lol)

Top Bottom