ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch Notes

because if you don't care for surface signals, just scanning systems, and you have 5-6 bodies scanning for locations in the back, that affects the performance.
It does?...I run simultaneous scans of multiple bodies and have half-a-dozen other programs running, including Adobe Lightroom, and notice no performance issues. On a laptop. Using a 49" 4KTV as my primary display.

Has the ARX buff for exploration already been implemented serverside? I've spent the last week in the black in my main account and I did have a sense that I was doing better than before for ARX.

-If the commander wants to have a definitive answer without travelling to the body they can still wait for the scan to complete in FSS. This data is also now shown in the body details on the system map.
- Instead of showing a notification for each individual asteroid belt cluster discovered, we now condense as many as we can into one message.

SRV
  • Fixed control input being lost after interacting with an inbox message.

Is this fix really only for the SRV?

When I was logging in during Christmas time to claim my free ARX every single message that I received locked my keyboard up. I was in my ship, not the SRV.

since i tried bringing this to attention, or even fought hard for these to get fixed/ changed on the forums (Reddit) previously - i think it's only fair if i say thanks for the changes to them now that it's apparently about to (hopefully successfully) happen:

thank you so much for fixing the capital ships in CZ's - finally this awesome content can be played again without disgust.

thanks for trying to fix the Collector Limpets instagib players bug, this is a rare but super-important one to fix IMO.

thanks for implementing NPC crew rebuy, it's the best thing since sliced bread in this game full of Thargoid bossbattles, unconsensual PvP and near instagib griefing, as well as the occasional instagib bug.

ah, jah - Alioth, "capital of the empire", nice one fixing this description.

BTW: the bug that Thargoid Hearts go immune i had in multicrew too, hopefully the fix for "in wing" applies to that too.

and i so hope that the tech changes better the around 4 FpS i get at a very by players populated Station instance on PS4 (Pro with "performance" setting active running at just 1080p - i think it might be server/ sync lag, because it never had been anywhere near as extreme before for me, and while being solo in an instance it runs smooth as normal).

oh, and with all these patch betas on PC please don't forget that console Elite has some pretty bad bugs that PC Elite doesn't seem to have (which also makes me wonder if all these incredibly suspicious many times i've seen official patchnotes NOT actually going live - with strangely no one ever bringing it up again - might have been that the patchnote's content just didn't went live on my system without anyone noticing it or bringing it up...).

some bugs PC doesn't seem to have but i have on PS4 (as evident by YouTube vids from PC Elite or people telling me about their experience on PC Elite via Reddit) include: Thargoid Interceptors are supposed to have one swarm per phase (with leftover swarms carrying over and not depleting the Tharg's right to spawn unused phase's spawns until it ran out of spawn-rights), right? well, i lately killed one Cyclops with a multicrew member on board and had to kill the first swarm during the first phase three times - but the swarms still kept respawning (getting recasted) - which reminded me of my solo experience with Cyclops swarms a looong time ago on PS4: swarms would always immediately get recasted after death no matter what, a bug PC Elite doesn't seem to have.

so what did i do? leaving between 1-9 Thargons alive and wishing i was in my usual AX extreme-alpha-tank fit instead (which is tanky enough to ignore the swarms of just a lone Cyclops during the short time until i destroy it (since i usually fly that loadout and only against lone Cyclops class interceptors i had completely forgotten about the bug)).

furthermore: during the Palin moving out of Maia event i was not able to heal any hull cracks with Repair or Deconti Limpets on PS4 (it kept telling me "invalid target" or something along those lines no matter what i tried) - but people plying it on PC said they were able to (and continued saying the targetable cracks kept respawning after like 10 seconds for them...) - could it be that the ENTIRE seal targetable megaship hull breaches with Repair or Deconti Limpets mechanic has never been implemented to a working state on PS4 without anyone noticing?

see? that's why the issue tracker thing isn't the answer to everything - i just brought up two bad things that heftily smell like bugs, which i experienced on PS4 while PC Elite doesn't seem to have these issues. means not only are console players apparently way less prone to use an official website thingy to report bugs than PC players seem to be in average - but furthermore we would have to report on our own bugs that seem to not exist on one or multiple other platforms - AND hope for enough support from other players validating the claim INSTEAD OF DENYING THEIR EXISTENCE SINCE THEY DON'T EXIST AS FAR AS THEY CAN TELL... . please don't turn a blind eye to these apparently abundantly enough existing platform-specific bugs that don't exist on PC Elite FDev.

P.S.: i thought "E [colon] D" was short for Elite Dangerous? but everytimes i wrote E:D this happened instead, here - on the official forum for this game lol... . hey, i'm just writing this from a PS4 kiddie browser out - i have no idea how to turn the auto-emoji stuff off/ if it's even possible with this browser or whatever. hastily replaced about 10x " E:D " with "Elite" then... .

Last edited:
Control systems' ethos calculations now limit their search for controlling minor factions to star systems within 15 LY, that are exploited by the same power as the control system. Previously, the calculations considered all nearby star systems.
Just to clarify, does that mean there are systems further than 15ly from a control system, that would still be considered "exploited" by the power and thus receive the power effects such as the LYR discount, but are no longer considered relevant as far as ethos is concerned?

because if you don't care for surface signals, just scanning systems, and you have 5-6 bodies scanning for locations in the back, that affects the performance.
No, I understand the performance issue. I don't understand why you'd say the change was pointless. The point was never performance related.

No, I understand the performance issue. I don't understand why you'd say the change was pointless. The point was never performance related.
Because people like me don't want to know the exact number and type of POI thats there. I like a bit of mystery and finding stuff out myself which the new mechanic achieved.

So Will said on stream that the Orthrus was just a glitch and I just wanted to clarify what he meant by that. The design is far too bizarre to just be a glitch and the concept art very clearly shows that the Orthrus is classed as a "seeder" variant meaning it's design was intentional. Is this Thargoid vessel just never going to make another appearance in game? It was seeming like the perfect way to introduce the Klaxians versus Oresrians conflict you guys mention in several of the novels.

Attachments

• edNXMmS.png
    edNXMmS.png
    410.2 KB · Views: 308
good bugfix patch for the most part. Could have done without the npc crew rebuy....there's enough mulligan mechanics in the game for players, this just erodes any more of what little risk there was without replacing it with something of equal importance.

Kinda looking forward to what part of the progression of the narrative is being slipped in here and if it's enough for me to pay attention to it or not yet.. Would be nice if thargoids started attacking players whether they wanted to fight thargoids or not randomly in numerous front-line systems. The whole opt-in war experience even within attacked systems is dumb.

" these high-end minerals will now be demanded more by specific economy types "
Can we get clarification of the economy types?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
P.S.: i thought "E [colon] D" was short for Elite Dangerous? but everytimes i wrote E:D this happened instead, here - on the official forum for this game lol... . hey, i'm just writing this from a PS4 kiddie browser out - i have no idea how to turn the auto-emoji stuff off/ if it's even possible with this browser or whatever. hastily replaced about 10x " E:D " with "Elite" then... .

Put a space after the colon :D

Top Bottom