Javan rhinoceros (Rhinoceros sondaicus)

why don't we have subspecies of rhino. just like elephant (Indian and african) this rhino currently under Critically in danger status under 100 in wild.
I would suggest the Sumatran rhino instead, as the Javan rhino would resemble a smaller Indian rhino, while Sumatran rhinos are more unique in terms of model design considering game design choices. They are both critically endangered.

Why is there no ... ? You could complete this question 3000+ times. It is not exactly a useful exercise. At some point Frontier had to make a cut on which species would and would not be included. It is actually very logical that Frontier did not include the Javan or Sumatran as both are so critically endangered that they are not held in captivity and never will be again. It is likely that neither have a genetically viable population. Conversely, many have questioned why they included the Indian rhino in place of the more common African species. I do fully expect that at some point we will see either (or hopefully both) the white rhinoceros or black rhinoceros.

why don't we have subspecies of rhino. just like elephant (Indian and african) this rhino currently under Critically in danger status under 100 in wild.

There are none in captivity at all so I’d be deeply disappointed if we got the Javan rhino. I never understood why it was included in ZT2.

Sumatran rhino would be slightly better but given their situation and rarity in captivity I’d rather we just got black rhino and white rhino as this is a zoo game and we will only get a limited number of DLCs with a limited number of animals.

There are none in captivity at all so I’d be deeply disappointed if we got the Javan rhino. I never understood why it was included in ZT2.

Sumatran rhino would be slightly better but given their situation and rarity in captivity I’d rather we just got black rhino and white rhino as this is a zoo game and we will only get a limited number of DLCs with a limited number of animals.
If I were to prioritize I would definitely put eastern black and southern white before another Asian rhino. However what concerns me is they are both African so one of them might get cut. Sumatran rhino on the other hand probably won't be affected by this limitation. Either way it comes third on my priority list, but it is a species I would love to see in-game.

If I were to prioritize I would definitely put eastern black and southern white before another Asian rhino. However what concerns me is they are both African so one of them might get cut. Sumatran rhino on the other hand probably won't be affected by this limitation. Either way it comes third on my priority list, but it is a species I would love to see in-game.

It could be just an error by artists who were just told to make a rhino decoration but the fact that we already have both black and white rhino objects in the game suggests we will get both. I hope so at least.

It could be just an error by artists who were just told to make a rhino decoration but the fact that we already have both black and white rhino objects in the game suggests we will get both. I hope so at least.
Oh that's interesting. I only saw the black rhino animal sign, didn't know there were objects for whites. Exciting.

I am all in for a new rhinoceros species to come to planet zoo to add to variety. A sumatran rhino would be cool as I do not think it has been represented in a game yet, with its odd head shape, size, and coloring making it stick out. An African Species is also nice to have. Javan rhino could be an interesting inclusion, but I feel it is too similar to the Indian rhinoceros we have.

Also, I would not mind a rhino dlc pack, as there is only 4 other rhino species alive besides the Indian Rhinoceros. Would bee mind boggling if we got those rhinos on rhino day too.

Oh that's interesting. I only saw the black rhino animal sign, didn't know there were objects for whites. Exciting.

Yes, here are the objects for both black and white rhinos:

rhino.jpg

They should just make a Rhino Pack, including Black, White, Javen, and Samatran. Charge 12, and donate 2 to a rhino clarity. Amen

While I don't disagree with a Rhino Pack, I rather want to see the African Rhinos in an African Pack.
I like how the DLC have a variety of species and too similar would create a backlash.

If you're not a huge fan of rhinos, you might consider not buying a rhino pack

Conversely, many have questioned why they included the Indian rhino in place of the more common African species. I do fully expect that at some point we will see either (or hopefully both) the white rhinoceros or black rhinoceros

Wouldn't mind the Sumatran Rhino but in the end I really hope one of the African Rhinos will make it in the game.

I'm always torn on this subject.

On the one hand, the southern white rhinoceros is the species I most commonly see in zoos. As such it as an emotional value to me so I'd really love to see it in-game. It is also the only species that lives in herds (black rhinoceroses do group up, but usually only on occasion).

On the other hand, the eastern black rhinoceros is critically endangered and so it has conservation value.

If I had to choose just one out of those two I'd be stuck. Either way, the rhinoceros is the obvious missing piece from big African exhibits so it's definitely a must-have at some point. If we had a pack with one of those in it, the meerkat, a baboon, and, say, the southern ground hornbill I'd be thrilled (all very savannah-centric, of course, so I wouldn't expect this limited selection for a pack designed to cover all of Africa, but a man can dream).

As for the Asian rhinos, I would love to see the Sumatran (after one or both of the African species). The game already has a handful of animals that aren't generally kept in captivity (or are very rarely), so I don't think that's a pre-requesite for inclusion, and in any case Cincinnati Zoo successfully bred the Sumatran rhino in captivity once. They've stopped that captive programme now due to the inviability of it but for a while it seemed like it was going to work. Recreating that and making it successful in-game would be a lot of fun.

You could make a similar argument for the Javan rhinoceros (although it has never been successfuly kept in captivity), but as others have pointed out in terms of looks it isn't enormously different from the Indian.

Top Bottom