ANNOUNCEMENT Join us for the Elite Dangerous 5th Anniversary!

Thank you and congratulations to everyone at Frontier for a wonderful 5 years with Elite: Dangerous which is still my favorite game. I have many great game play memories, made many awesome friends and have seen the game grow throughout those 5 years. I look forward to the next 5+ years.

Will the stream be a one hour lunchtime stream or will it go on for a couple/few hours or all afternoon? Thanks.

Iridescent gleam is the closest thing to the old chrome, so im happy to have that for my cobra.
But i already have the fdev 25th anniversary predator skin for the cobra.

What im wondering though is why not make amazing celebratory UNIQUE skins for these occasions instead of just handing out palette swaps

The galnet anaconda skin was amazing and handed out for something trivial in my opinion

Last edited:
Don't cave in to the noobs FD.
Some of us don't want to know what's coming and want to be surprised.
So a big NO to releasing news on new content.

I have to say, if FD can make fluff like this for their other games

Why is it ED sits on the shelf, again, for over a year with nothing to show what direction its going in? Its not marketing rocket science that before Christmas (where people buy lots and lots of things) you have a short tease of something however brief about what happens next. I mean, FD have been confident about announcing Planet Coaster 'sometime in 2020', what about us? EDs ongoing background story is effectively dead, the Thargoids and Guardians somewhere...ED needs some sort of focus point to bring us back on board. Remember this from Xmas 2017, almost to the day?

I tell you what would be nice, is to have these decals available to purchase over the anniversary

Set.jpg

This is how a true fanboy reply to a thread on these forums, this is how all posts on this forum should be!
No one wants to know anything about new content, actually.... no one want new content either!
I wouldn’t mind new content (haven’t tried all the old content yet) and would like to no a little about it however I don’t want to know about it the best part of a year before it is due, a month or so is enough time to get bored with all the speculation on the forums.

well, I really do not care about paint jobs, there isn't much to see from those on my ships anyway

BUT, they call for beers and booz and that is a very reasonable request ...

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Thank you and congratulations to everyone at Frontier for a wonderful 5 years with Elite: Dangerous which is still my favorite game. I have many great game play memories, made many awesome friends and have seen the game grow throughout those 5 years. I look forward to the next 5+ years.

Will the stream be a one hour lunchtime stream or will it go on for a couple/few hours or all afternoon? Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words! The stream will be about two hours long from midday! :)

The festivities we have planned are largely retrospective, looking back over the last five years of Elite Dangerous and the incredible community who have been along for the ride! We will not be revealing any new content during this period.
So the old/existing Cobra MK4 is still on as a pre-order bonus for PlayStation 4 owners? :D

If we're doing retrospective, then big hello to Sandy and Ed for this memory: https://ytcropper.com/cropped/cg58d22504590ee

Top Bottom