Update Journal docs for Odyssey release

The ranks in the Ship's internal panel for your commander (eg defenceless) differ from when you scan an NPC, eg harmless, mostly harrmless, comando.
Are they supposed to be different?
Can you publish an official set of ranks (solder/exobiologist)

Also, the suit localised names seems to be messed up since Odyssey update 3, particularly for class 2 suits

It looks like the status.json legal status does not take into account Odyssey status, eg when gaining a galaxy-wide fine (stealing from an Odyssey base) the status.json still says "clean" eventhough the cockpit is full on anonymous access.

Would it be possible to have the docs published as .docx in the future? Or some other format that's mostly parsable? Thanks!

I think the best variant is the online variant.
But this should be updated soon. I have already left a hint at github.

Sorry, @Lombra , I didn't realize right away that you are the initiator of the online version.
Thank you very much for this ! :)(y)

Last edited:
Edit: Never mind...I found out...it's my credit balance

Hi there,

What precisely does the new "balance" value relate to in the status file?

Many thanks
Clicker

Last edited:
NavRoute.json is a nice touch...many thanks.

(yes, I know it's been around for a year...but I've been away and only just noticed it when looking at status.json today)

Last edited:
Flag request:

Hi, not sure if I requested this previously, may we have a flag assigned to 'Reverse' (for ships and SRVs) please?

Reason: Controller scripts which issue a key press are sometimes ignored if the game is doing something which prevents key presses momentarily.

Example: I have a TARGET script which, among a bunch of other stuff, issues the key press for reverse thrust when a specific switch is on my controller is toggled.
This can go out of alignment if I toggle the switch at the precise time the game is ignoring key presses.

Current work around is to simply press the corresponding keyboard key.
I'd rather code in a check within the script to handle this case.

Many thanks
Clicker

Any changes with patch 7?
Yes.
One new event ScanBaryCentre:
JSON:
{
  "timestamp": "2021-09-23T11:11:43Z",
  "event": "ScanBaryCentre",
  "StarSystem": "LSE 239",
  "SystemAddress": 5069269378489,
  "BodyID": 31,
  "SemiMajorAxis": 1417785763.74054,
  "Eccentricity": 0.017938,
  "OrbitalInclination": -4.782651,
  "Periapsis": 125.937692,
  "OrbitalPeriod": 337679.904699,
  "AscendingNode": 57.060756,
  "MeanAnomaly": 67.416656
}
New keys AscendingNode and MeanAnomaly (in body scans I think) and some new keys in the Statistics event (some OnFoot_...).
That's all I know of, there might be more.

@hchalkley
The last update of the Journal-Help (V32) came on 01/07/2021 .
Is there something coming again, or is that it ? I had already asked in October, but got no answer. :(

Latest version of doc, for update 11
http://hosting.zaonce.net/community/journal/v33/Journal_Manual_v33.doc
http://hosting.zaonce.net/community/journal/v33/Journal_Manual_v33.pdf
The main change this time is the new flags in Status flags to distinguish between telepresence and physical crew, and a telepresence flag on some of the multicrew events
Thanks for the update.

Any chance of adding a few more changes : :p

Status.json:
Ship shield strength
Ship Hull integrity
Current target (other than ship), eg Planet, station, Nav beacon, or any from the Contacts Tab

Journal events:
Fighter launch - SLF type
Crew - order acknowledged
Cargo manifest scanner - scan event to list cargo on board
Power Plant power output
Exit to main menu

P.S. Is there a reason why the filename convention of the journal has been changed? This has caused chaos amongst 3rd party developers and stopped apps from working.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the following event added, when a conflict zone has been finished:

Code:
ConflictZone - Faction1: <name>, Faction2: <name>, Winner: <name>, Difficulty: <lo,med,hi>, OptionalObjectives: <Objective1 won/lost, Objective2 won/lost etc.>

This would help a lot for squadrons that wish to keep track of CZ contributions to conflicts.

If think i found a bug in the latest Update 11, regarding the journal logs
The "Disembark" and "Embark" event should set the "OnStation" flag to true (and Station related properties) and the OnPlanet to false, when docked at a FleetCarrier, right?

Top Bottom