Discussion Journal docs for v3.7 (Fleet Carriers) Beta

Whilst your fixing the journals I don’t suppose you could add some events could you please FDEV?

Elite missing journal events:
Current target - other than ship, E.g. planet, station, limpet
Fighter launch - ship type (E.g. GU97)
crew - order acknowledged
Cargo - manifest scanner event
Ship current shield and hull stats
Module damage
Power plant output
DiscoveryScan - outposts not marked as station
Exit to main menu
Return to surface/enter hangar

A key binding which would’ve useful too:
Request dock key bind

I am looking at calculating the distance of a moon, planet or star from the arrival point (so I don't have to rely on an out of date DistanceFromArrivalLS in the 6.3 Scan data).
To that end I don't see that the orbital data of barycentres transmitted in the journal data, and without it one can not calculate the position of anything that orbits it.
Could you include the barycentre data please? My preference is the orbital data is either moved or duplicated in the Parents array as this one allow me to calculate
the path of the scanned body even if not all bodies in it parental hierarchy.

If you could also add the orbital data to the 4.3 Docked data (where appropriate) that would also allow the dynamic calculation of orbiting station positions too.

Many thanks for considering my request.
Dobbo

Request dock key bind

You can work out the key sequence to navigate to the request docking option by checking the status events (see "13 Status file".)
The "GuiFocus" reports where the player is looking and from that you can work out the sequence of keys to get you to the
ExternalPanel (2) and the request docking "button".

Then take a look at the bindings file in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings
(at least that where it installed for me). It is just an XML file and therefore easy to parse. For example on this machine the UI
controls are defined as is:
Code:
    <UI_Up>
        <Primary Device="045E02DD" Key="GamePad_DPadUp" />
        <Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_W" />
    </UI_Up>
    <UI_Down>
        <Primary Device="045E02DD" Key="GamePad_DPadDown" />
        <Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_S" />
    </UI_Down>
    <UI_Left>
        <Primary Device="045E02DD" Key="GamePad_DPadLeft" />
        <Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_A" />
    </UI_Left>
    <UI_Right>
        <Primary Device="045E02DD" Key="GamePad_DPadRight" />
        <Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_D" />
    </UI_Right>
    <UI_Select>
        <Primary Device="045E02DD" Key="GamePad_FaceDown" />
        <Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_Space" />
    </UI_Select>
    <UI_Back>
        <Primary Device="045E02DD" Key="GamePad_FaceRight" />
        <Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_Backspace" />
    </UI_Back>
    <UI_Toggle>
        <Primary Device="045E02DD" Key="GamePad_FaceUp" />
        <Secondary Device="Keyboard" Key="Key_Equals" />
    </UI_Toggle>

The device code "045E02DD" is the USB vendor/product paring. 045E is for Microsoft, and 02DD the XBox One Controller.

Hope this helps.
Dobbo

I don't see a CarrierMarketSell/CarrierMarketBuy or similar.
Are we going to be able to monitor if/how much of a trade order on a FC has been fullfilled?
Is the CarrierTradeOrder getting fired again, when someone buys/sells commodities on a carrier? (as the customer "edits" the order)
Or will we get additional infos in the MarketSell/Buy event?

Maybe we could even get infos about who bought/sold commodities to get/stay in touch with regular customers.
That might even enable playerdriven CG/mission-like events where Commanders reward each other for bringing certain commodities to a specific FC ... maybe?!

Maybe I missed it, but I can find a Carrier Id but not a carrier location. Would be pretty helpful to track carrier markets.

Maybe I missed it, but I can find a Carrier Id but not a carrier location. Would be pretty helpful to track carrier markets.
You'll need to use Location, Docked and the new CarrierJump events to keep track of the carrier location (like with any other moving megaship).

BTW: CarrierID == MarketID

hi,

any chance we can get a key value, or another Flags bit within status.json for when your ship has been dismissed whilst on a planet in SRV?

many thanks
clicker

hi,

any chance we can get a key value, or another Flags bit within status.json for when your ship has been dismissed whilst on a planet in SRV?

many thanks
clicker
They are at the 32 bits boundary on the flags. Any more flags will extend into 64 bits. Not sure if that will be an issue for them in terms of what seems to me to be a simple refactoring of code.

Hi @Psyral ,

Yeah, I knew they hit the 32 bit limit, hence including the seperate key value option.
Perhaps, if they want to stayon 32bits, start a "Flags2" key, or provide a 'ShipDismissed' key?

Clicker

So a bit of a problem I'm having with GET requests and the journal.

I'm trying to fetch the "MATERIALS" (3.5 in attached documentation) from the journal (Source URL: https://companion.orerve.net/journal )

If I pull just a plain https://companion.orerve.net/journal, it does not have the materials (last timestamp as of writing: 2020-05-15T01:26:19Z and earliest: 2020-05-14T23:23:28Z)

If I pull the date that was active when I Logged In, (https://companion.orerve.net/journal/2020/05/14) I am presented with the information I want (Materials). Relevant timestamps: late 2020-05-14T23:21:11 and early 2020-05-14T22:54:12Z (When I logged in)

It appears to my untrained eyes that when the global date/time rolls over to the next day, it cuts the log in half on the website, but for example my current session .log file remains intact.

Therefore, in order to say, use a web-based tool to read what materials I have and what I still need to gather for whatever reason, I'd need to specify what the date was when I logged in/booted the game as opposed to doing a blanket /journal call. I know this is a change from how it used to be stored on FDEV's side because I've seen tools like this work in the past but now no longer work.

Is this an intended change, or is this a bug? I don't want to waste the dev's time on a bug if this is an "intended feature".

Don't suppose there's any chance we could get something similar to EngineerProgress event but for tech broker unlocks? Even if it was just a list of unlocked tech broker modules tacked on to that event it would be useful to me.

Whilst your fixing the journals I don’t suppose you could add some events could you please FDEV?

Elite missing journal events:
Current target - other than ship, E.g. planet, station, limpet
Fighter launch - ship type (E.g. GU97)
crew - order acknowledged
Cargo - manifest scanner event
Ship current shield and hull stats
Module damage
Power plant output
DiscoveryScan - outposts not marked as station
Exit to main menu
Return to surface/enter hangar

Request dock key bind

A docking request keybind, YES please!

Or at least a way to reset the tab focus back to start so it can be macro'd. I've seen various macros for it but they all rely on the first tab having initial focus when opening.
If only you cold hold down a key to cycle through the tabs and make it stop at the most left and most right tab then it'd be neat, Using that priciple I have set up my launch fighter 1 and launch fighter 2 command in voiceattack

If only you cold hold down a key to cycle through the tabs and make it stop at the most left and most right tab then it'd be neat, Using that priciple I have set up my launch fighter 1 and launch fighter 2 command in voiceattack
You did that? When I cycle the tabs it keeps going in a circle, it doesn't stop at the left or right most tab. Is there a specific keybind or something?

You did that? When I cycle the tabs it keeps going in a circle, it doesn't stop at the left or right most tab. Is there a specific keybind or something?
I didn't manage to do it with the tabs, but it is possible for selecting the different ship launched fighters

Top Bottom