Jurassic Park is the new game by Frontier Developments!!!!!!!

In the list of games that will be enhanced for the Xbox One X it shows the new title by FD

https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-x-enhanced/

Jurassic Park!!!!!!

I already thought of this because they said it was based on a well known movie branche.
Some said Harry Potter but I thought of Jurassic Park from the beginning as a serious option.

I'm excited to see what FD is gonna make of this, and better yet, how they'll use the mechanics in Jurassic Park in ED when we'll eventually get atmospheric landings.

I wish FD all the best with their new IP.

o7

Last edited:
I know some people who will be pleased about that.

Also notice the gutteral growl of the T-Rex near the end.

Now compare it with the gutteral growl at the end of the Thargoid Return trailer.
[video=youtube;jmVEYZnDZf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8[/video]

Similar n'est-ce pas?

I know some people who will be pleased about that.

Also notice the gutteral growl of the T-Rex near the end.

Now compare it with the gutteral growl at the end of the Thargoid Return trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

Similar n'est-ce pas?

Then look at literally everything else in the trailer. In terms of cross-pollination, F-Dev have exactly two big franchises with recent release games and oh look, this one maps almost exactly to the one that isn't the one we're playing.

I can only hope that the fact this game done well would basically be a licence to print money and some of that may be used to fund work on the title they produce that isn't based in a theme park is good news for us in the long run because honestly, there's absolutely nothing else here that is good news specifically for Elite players.

When you consider that they need to get 2.4 delivered before they can make anything resembling serious money from selling another update to this game (the last time I paid them anything for a game as opposed to a few quid on paints was November 2015...) it's fairly clear that Planet Coaster sales are what is paying the bills today.

Since they just cannot afford to screw up a release as big as JP (amazingly for a franchise that looked dead on its back after the 14 year gap following the utterly risible Jurassic Park III, Jurassic World is the fourth highest grossing film of all time) and the game is surely going to be heavily promoted around/tied in with the release of the fifth movie next June, that game is going to get whatever resources it needs between now and release date to get it where it needs to be.

If anybody thinks that reads like a good news story for people who play the company's most niche release, a game that has already been on the market for almost three years on one platform and two years on another and has an absolute minimum of nine months to go before they will be releasing a new paid-for update based on previous development cycles, I would beg to differ.

In the long term it might do for sure, I mean a good Jurassic Park game should leave Dave Braben looking like Scrooge McDuck as he jumps out of bed and slides down a massive pile of gold every morning and Elite Dangerous along with its predecessors is what he built his current reputation on, but it's as clear as day that Planet Coaster is what will have got them the gig as far as this franchise is concerned so that is where a company with sound commercial principles are going to be focusing their resources for the forseeable future.

TL;DR It's great news for Frontier Developments. Whether that translates directly into it being great news for Elite Dangerous players remains to be seen.

When planetary landing is added to Elite, expect to see missions to pick up and transport dinosaurs and such from one planet to another. Of course, there's the issue that said dinos might chew up your ship from the inside...

When planetary landing is added to Elite, expect to see missions to pick up and transport dinosaurs and such from one planet to another. Of course, there's the issue that said dinos might chew up your ship from the inside...

Or maybe there's the issue that Dinosaurs extinguished... you know like a long time ago.... :p

Or maybe there's the issue that Dinosaurs extinguished... you know like a long time ago.... :p

On Earth...there's how many Earth-like worlds in the galaxy? Of course, dinosaurs are just the start, I think. Jurassic World and Planet Coaster are petri dishes for what will one day be added to Elite scaled up an order of magnitude.

Why are ppl talking about JP content being incorporated into ED? Is Planet Coaster content being used now in ED? If not, then why are ppl getting their hopes up for this. Anyways game does look awesome, even though it seems like a Planet Coaster reskin.

Why are ppl talking about JP content being incorporated into ED? Is Planet Coaster content being used now in ED? If not, then why are ppl getting their hopes up for this. Anyways game does look awesome, even though it seems like a Planet Coaster reskin.

It's a re-skin in the same way Rollercoaster Tycoon is a reskin of The Sims.

I want a T-Rex Bobblehead!

giganotosaurus ftw

cUpewxM.png

Top Bottom