ANNOUNCEMENT Jurassic World Evolution - Community News Update

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hello everyone!

We hope you’ve been enjoying your time on the Five Deaths, incubating dinosaurs and trying your utmost to avoid any… unfortunate accidents involving your guests. We want to take this opportunity to thank our community for all of the support so far and to talk a little more about our future plans. We also want to inform you all that our next update will be coming for free to all Jurassic World Evolution players.

First of all, thank you to everyone who has been involved in this incredible journey so far; it’s just the beginning. We’ve been truly humbled by the amount of support we’ve received from our incredible community and we are so grateful to have such an amazing, passionate and supportive group of players with us every step of the way.

We understand that some of you are eagerly awaiting more details of what the future of Jurassic World Evolution holds. While we aren’t able to give you all the information at the current time, we want to reassure you that, in true Frontier style, the development team remain hard at work and will be supporting the game with a series of additional content drops (the first of which was the free update that introduced the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom dinosaurs).

The dev team have been reviewing feedback and suggestions from all of our official channels. We’ll have more details on which content and features will be making its way into future updates over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow our official channels to stay up-to-date with all the news as it happens.

Whilst we would love to include every piece of content that the community want to see in the game, we have to look at a number of factors before deciding what exactly makes its way into each update. Please do continue to give us your feedback and suggestions, and we’ll aim to address the most common requests through our community responses where possible.

Once again, a huge thank you to everyone who’s helped support us. We have been overwhelmed with the incredible and passionate support from you all and we’re very excited to be bringing in a series of content updates; we can’t wait to share more details with you as we get closer to our next free update.

Thanks!
[heart]
Bo

Thank You Bo and Frontier!

I said it a few times but will say it again - please take your time in planning the future.

We all have high expectation on the game and I think the most important thing is for it to reach its maximum potential.

Please make it so dinosaurs don't try to destroy the entire park because they want one more tree, or one more blade of grass in their enclosure.
Even though they are totally happy with everything else. Seems like they can be 100% comfort or 0% and no middle ground.

FROM REDDIT - I took it out of the quote, so its easier for you guys to read, this is all info posted by Bo.
Dino sizing:
As you might understand, from the outset working in partnership with Universal and the Jurassic franchise, we’ve always strived to have the most authentic Jurassic dinosaurs possible. We were very fortunate to be able to use official source materials as guidance for our models and make sure the dinosaurs fairly represent their movie equals but we understand that those movie models might not always be accurate to their real-life sizes.
Unfortunately we are not able to change the sizes of the dinosaurs. This would cause a host of technical problems across all other dinosaurs. I can understand that this is disappointing news, but do know that the team are working on a number of additions and a series of additional content drops coming later so please do continue to give us your feedback and suggestions for future updates.

Sleeping animation:
This is not something we are adding in the next update, but we are still investigating what we can do in the future!

Different kill animations:
There won't be any new kill animations in the next update, but we are looking into future updates to see what we can still add.

Island sizes:
We hear your feedback with regards to the playable map sizes, in particular your concerns about Isla Nublar. Whilst we will be making some changes to improve Nublar and how it can be played, we are not able to retroactively change the map sizes due to technical limitations. After extensive internal testing we’ve found that it becomes impossible with our players’ saved games.
However, having read your concerns, we will definitely take map size into consideration with future content!

Carnivore obsessive hunting:
While the Indominus Rex and Indoraptor remain super powerful killing machines, for the remaining carnivores their need to hunt is governed by hunger as of the next update, which should hopefully fix some of the issues you've been having.

The issue with storms and rain not triggering correctly on Nublar will be fixed with this next update :)

Q. Date?

A. Don't have a date for you at the moment, that will be communicated separately (and hopefully soon). There will be lots of fixes (also content but we currently can't confirm what exactly);

Q. Is there any reason you cant watch the dinosaurs in the woods ? Its really annoying if you try to just watch them and it constantly zooms out?

A. The reason for it is rendering without too much performance hit :).

Q. Dinosaurs with high forest/grassland requirements tend to fluctuate on whether or not they have enough grassland or forest. This sometimes leads to unexpected breakout attempts. Is this an intended feature?

A. If I read it correctly it's by design, as the dinosaurs use a radius check for their comfort needs. Fences stop that check as per their immediate surroundings, so they might drop in comfort when that happens. We'll investigate about increasing that radius for a future update, thanks for the feedback!

Q. nstead of a radius check, can't dinosaur needs be based off enclosure size?

A. That's great feedback, but the problem is that the enclosures could be as big as the islands, which is computationally expensive. The other problem is that it's calculated per dinosaur in real time, as the player can constantly change the enclosure. This is a local solution that works in most circumstances.

The above was taken from reddit, which I don't visit often, but... hey ho! Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/905n18/community_news_update/

Last edited:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Please make it so dinosaurs don't try to destroy the entire park because they want one more tree, or one more blade of grass in their enclosure.
Even though they are totally happy with everything else. Seems like they can be 100% comfort or 0% and no middle ground.

The dinosaurs use a radius check for their comfort needs. We'll investigate about increasing that radius for a future update, thanks for the feedback!

Ripped from reddit, which I don't visit, but... hey ho!
Bo Marit said:
Dino sizing:

As you might understand, from the outset working in partnership with Universal and the Jurassic franchise, we’ve always strived to have the most authentic Jurassic dinosaurs possible. We were very fortunate to be able to use official source materials as guidance for our models and make sure the dinosaurs fairly represent their movie equals but we understand that those movie models might not always be accurate to their real-life sizes.
Unfortunately we are not able to change the sizes of the dinosaurs. This would cause a host of technical problems across all other dinosaurs. I can understand that this is disappointing news, but do know that the team are working on a number of additions and a series of additional content drops coming later so please do continue to give us your feedback and suggestions for future updates.

Sleeping animation:
This is not something we are adding in the next update, but we are still investigating what we can do in the future!

Different kill animations:
There won't be any new kill animations in the next update, but we are looking into future updates to see what we can still add.

Island sizes:
We hear your feedback with regards to the playable map sizes, in particular your concerns about Isla Nublar. Whilst we will be making some changes to improve Nublar and how it can be played, we are not able to retroactively change the map sizes due to technical limitations. After extensive internal testing we’ve found that it becomes impossible with our players’ saved games.
However, having read your concerns, we will definitely take map size into consideration with future content!

Carnivore obsessive hunting:
While the Indominus Rex and Indoraptor remain super powerful killing machines, for the remaining carnivores their need to hunt is governed by hunger as of the next update, which should hopefully fix some of the issues you've been having.

https://www.reddit.com/r/jurassicworldevo/comments/905n18/community_news_update/
I'm just going to post my own quote because it's quicker:
Sorry, but the hell? I'm no game designer, nor am I a game coder, but the limited experience I've had with modding games over the years, scaling something is more often than not one of the easiest and simplest of things to do. I honestly can't fathom how resizing a Dinosaur would cause any problems. I'd love a breakdown of this reason, cause (if I'm being totally honest) I'm not buying it. Anyone who's seen JP3 would know that the Spino & Rex are of equal size, and yet the game obviously shows differently; it's one thing to not notice this error in testing, but another not to have a way to fix it.

As for everything else on that reddit post [above] it's great that other carnivoes are going to cut back on their hunting of innocent herbivores and goats, but everything else (currently) seems like "we've heard you, but nope." [blah] I would say however that island sizes (except is it Isla Pena; that small one) are perfectly fine and viable for me. I don't want every single Dinosaur on each island anyway.

Keep up the great work!!

Thanks a lot frontier for making the PERFECT game for a great franchise, I believe that the future of evolution is going to be for ever evolving and growing the world within this game that we have all grown to love!! Would love to hear more communication between the devs and ya the fan base but we understand that the devs r hard at work.

Thanks for the awesome game! My wife may not appreciate it, but I do! Thanks for being active and participating in the community. This gives me a lot of hope that I will be able to enjoy this game for years to come!

One question if I may:

When it was mentioned that carnivore's will have their aggressive over hunting limited by their hunger meter. Will this also affect a carnivore's need to attack other carnivores withing a 30 mile radius? Will this allow for a more Site B mode where herby's and carny's can co-exist without mass dinocide? (Meaning I can have different types of carnivores on different sides of the island and they won't kill eachother if there's space to coexist? )

Thanks again for the update! I can't wait to here more about this update and fingers crossed for more to come.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks for the awesome game! My wife may not appreciate it, but I do! Thanks for being active and participating in the community. This gives me a lot of hope that I will be able to enjoy this game for years to come!

One question if I may:

When it was mentioned that carnivore's will have their aggressive over hunting limited by their hunger meter. Will this also affect a carnivore's need to attack other carnivores withing a 30 mile radius? Will this allow for a more Site B mode where herby's and carny's can co-exist without mass dinocide? (Meaning I can have different types of carnivores on different sides of the island and they won't kill eachother if there's space to coexist? )

Thanks again for the update! I can't wait to here more about this update and fingers crossed for more to come.

Thank you! This is specific to their hunt need, hope that clarifies!

I'm curious about adjusting herbivore behavior. Maybe make them stay within a certain radius of other members of their species. This could fix a problem with high social need dinosaurs getting upset and breaking out because they wandered too far from their friends.
It could also allow for more herd behavior, when one member flees, the others follow. And if a predator attacks, the others flee in a group.

Thank you very much for the info. Really love the game and am excited to see where it leads to next.

Please allow players to choose a smaller map size if you do give larger map size options for sandbox. I have an awesome machine, However, I like making smaller parks. I actually went and downloaded a bunch of smaller beta maps for planet coaster so I have a smaller map option for those times I want to make a more intimate setting.

Short version- give us both a small and large map option for sandbox please.

Last edited:
Jurassic PARK toolkit update PLEASE!!

I Think everyone, especially the old guard of fans would like the ability to recreate Jurassic Park and make it as close to what we saw in the first film as possible. We would first need the original visitors center, giant park doors and a working tour system with the original explorers. The tour could operate just like the gyrosphere but instead use it as the main pathway. Also there are dinosaurs no one ever got to see in the movies that were supposedly on Ingen's list and were in on the original park map. Since we won't likely get to return to the first park in film, this could be the alternate option. The game is already amazing and it could get even better. Thank You!

Hello everyone!

We hope you’ve been enjoying your time on the Five Deaths, incubating dinosaurs and trying your utmost to avoid any… unfortunate accidents involving your guests. We want to take this opportunity to thank our community for all of the support so far and to talk a little more about our future plans. We also want to inform you all that our next update will be coming for free to all Jurassic World Evolution players.

First of all, thank you to everyone who has been involved in this incredible journey so far; it’s just the beginning. We’ve been truly humbled by the amount of support we’ve received from our incredible community and we are so grateful to have such an amazing, passionate and supportive group of players with us every step of the way.

We understand that some of you are eagerly awaiting more details of what the future of Jurassic World Evolution holds. While we aren’t able to give you all the information at the current time, we want to reassure you that, in true Frontier style, the development team remain hard at work and will be supporting the game with a series of additional content drops (the first of which was the free update that introduced the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom dinosaurs).

The dev team have been reviewing feedback and suggestions from all of our official channels. We’ll have more details on which content and features will be making its way into future updates over the coming weeks, so make sure to follow our official channels to stay up-to-date with all the news as it happens.

Whilst we would love to include every piece of content that the community want to see in the game, we have to look at a number of factors before deciding what exactly makes its way into each update. Please do continue to give us your feedback and suggestions, and we’ll aim to address the most common requests through our community responses where possible.

Once again, a huge thank you to everyone who’s helped support us. We have been overwhelmed with the incredible and passionate support from you all and we’re very excited to be bringing in a series of content updates; we can’t wait to share more details with you as we get closer to our next free update.

Thanks!
[heart]
Bo

Great news that we will be getting a ton of fixes and some new content! I wonder if we will get some new AI, because we are so limited in that aspect right now especially with carnivores. Also this isn't a game breaker, but will we be getting more sounds for the dinosaurs for example the Ty-Rex? I notice the Ty-Rex and some other dinos are missing some of the iconic sounds that were in the movie. Also a longer roar for the Rex from the ending of the first JP movie would be awesome! One more thing, when will the Spino have the new original sounds from the movie?

Last edited:
Island size suggestion..

I think the island size is fine myself. But I believe if you have a more interactive " island creator" it would be nice.. I spend a long time make the sandbox flat.. I have ocd and like everything uniform. So if maybe you could do a random island generator or something idk, they had it in jpog. I'm sure its alot of work.

Top Bottom