Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch, 3 November 2020

Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition is a big game on a small console. In addition to the base game, it comes with two years' worth of updates added since launch. These updates have enhanced and expanded the core gameplay of Jurassic World Evolution, adding new features, dinosaurs and mechanics. All previously released DLCs are also included in the Complete Edition: it's the full Jurassic World Evolution experience in one package.
Will the older versions on PC and Consoles get these New Features, Dinosaurs, and Mechanics?
I sure hope so, because it wouldn't seem fair to only add that new content to the Switch edition, especially since the PC edition could probably run any new features.

Will the older versions on PC and Consoles get these New Features, Dinosaurs, and Mechanics?
I sure hope so, because it wouldn't seem fair to only add that new content to the Switch edition, especially since the PC edition could probably run any new features.

The content referenced is already available (as DLC). The Switch version will just include it all in a bundled package.

No offense to Frontier or the Nintendo switch players but this is how I and other fans kind of felt when we saw the trailer for The Complete Edition because I was kind of hoping for new DLCs or content involving updates but yeah this video kind of shows how fans felt. My son is excited for the game coming to the switch but me since I'm an Xbox player yeah not really.
Source: https://youtu.be/f2xsUYBcMIk

I commend Frontier for working hard but I was kind of expecting more I know because of the pandemic it pretty much forces you to work from home and it makes it much harder and I can understand that.☺

Last edited:
Good for Switch players.

I'd also comment it might be worth researching Frontier's long term support for platforms that it doesn't normally release on.

Of course this may be the start of the release of Frontier's back catalogue on Switch, who knows.

Can you please release a physical copy of the complete edition for the switch because I love this game and I would love to own it on my switch but I can't access eshop due to personal reasons, I would love to own a physical version. Thank you guys for making such a great game 😄

Jens Erik Is There
Hello Park Managers!

We are incredibly grateful for all the amazing support we have received from our Jurassic World Evolution community over the past two years. It's been an incredible journey so far and we're excited to share some fantastic news with you today: Jurassic World Evolution is making its way to Nintendo Switch on Tuesday, 3 November 2020.

We think Jurassic World Evolution is a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch, letting you build the dinosaur park of your dreams on the go, from the comfort of your home sofa, on your TV or in handheld mode, with no cut content or features that you would find on PC, Xbox One or PS4. We're delighted to: Complete Edition to Switch players around the world.

Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition is a big game on a small console. In addition to the base game, it comes with two years' worth of updates added since launch. These updates have enhanced and expanded the core gameplay of Jurassic World Evolution, adding new features, dinosaurs and mechanics. All previously released DLCs are also included in the Complete Edition: it's the full Jurassic World Evolution experience in one package.

The game releases on Tuesday, 3 November 2020, and you can pre-order it on the Nintendo Switch eShop right now!

We can't wait to share more with you in the coming months. Stay tuned to our social channels for regular updates and community activities from the team, as well as news and updates about Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition on Nintendo Switch.

Thank you so much for your ongoing support!
Hey Jen's I noticed that the Nintendo DS map in the trailer is nothing like the ones we see the Console or P.C come to think of it I don't recognize map trailer? are you guys hinting something that might come to the game on all platform's? Or is this just for the Nintendo Switch?

Last edited:
Jens Erik Is There

Hey Jen's I noticed that the Nintendo DS map in the trailer is nothing like the ones we see the Console or P.C come to think of it I don't recognize map trailer? are you guys hinting something that might come to the game on all platform's? Or is this just for the Nintendo Switch?
The map is actually the base game Isla Nublar island. It just has one or two major things different about it. Graphic wise, I believe it's because it's how the Switch itself can show it.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hey friend! That paragraph was referencing all the updates Jurassic World Evolution has gotten since PC launch. Everything that's already been released post-launch is coming to Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition.

Can you please release a physical copy of the complete edition for the switch because I love this game and I would love to own it on my switch but I can't access eshop due to personal reasons, I would love to own a physical version. Thank you guys for making such a great game 😄
We don't have anything to announce regarding a physical version. I know that a lot of people want a physical release and I've handed that feedback to the team.

The map in the trailer is Isla Nublar :) We're not hinting at exclusive Nintendo Switch content.

So... does this mean that WE is dead? If so, that sucks All we wanted was more content (more buildings, terrain tools, scenery items, decorations, dinosaur mechanics, new dinosaur animations) and more DLCs(more dinosaur packs, story expansions). Will there be ANYMORE content updates and DLCs for JWE? PLEASE I NEED to know badly.

So... does this mean that WE is dead? If so, that sucks All we wanted was more content (more buildings, terrain tools, scenery items, decorations, dinosaur mechanics, new dinosaur animations) and more DLCs(more dinosaur packs, story expansions). Will there be ANYMORE content updates and DLCs for JWE? PLEASE I NEED to know badly.
The fact it's called complete edition is a pretty solid indicator we aren't getting more DLC. It doesn't rule out content updates, but I think it's best to assume it'll just be bug fixes from now on (though it might be worth sticking around to see if anything happens on Friday with Camp Cretaceous. If it does happen it looks to be quite small, maybe a couple of skins).

The fact it's called complete edition is a pretty solid indicator we aren't getting more DLC. It doesn't rule out content updates, but I think it's best to assume it'll just be bug fixes from now on (though it might be worth sticking around to see if anything happens on Friday with Camp Cretaceous. If it does happen it looks to be quite small, maybe a couple of skins).
Well, If that's the case; R.I.P. Jurassic World Evolution (June 2018-September 2020). It es me (and countless other people) off that after 8 months of silence and being left in the dark, all we got from Frontier was this "Complete edition" rubbish! I don't know who to blame for the death of this awesome, wasted game; COVID-19, mods/modders, or poor management.

Jens Erik, is it true that Jurassic World Evolution is dead? If so, you have no idea how many people are ed off from waiting 8 months for nothing.

Well, If that's the case; R.I.P. Jurassic World Evolution (June 2018-September 2020). It es me (and countless other people) off that after 8 months of silence and being left in the dark, all we got from Frontier was this "Complete edition" rubbish! I don't know who to blame for the death of this awesome, wasted game; COVID-19, mods/modders, or poor management.

Jens Erik, is it true that Jurassic World Evolution is dead? If so, you have no idea how many people are ed off from waiting 8 months for nothing.
Anger is understandable, I was angry for a time, though more angry at myself for having used my time this way (though realistically I was just going to obsess over something else anyway). It's not impossible that a dino pack was originally planned for June-July or August-September before the Rona took hold, at the very least Planet Zoo did miss the June/July period for DLC (a major DLC would've been unlikely for this year given the problems it would add to the Switch port).

Jens is not going to be able to give you the answer you want right now, it's a company decision as to when/if to inform us on these things. It's clear that Jens personally goes by the ethos of ripping off the band-aid quickly and as soon as possible, so if there is ever is a time when he's allowed to give a concrete answer, he will, as a news post.

Anger is understandable, I was angry for a time, though more angry at myself for having used my time this way (though realistically I was just going to obsess over something else anyway). It's not impossible that a dino pack was originally planned for June-July or August-September before the Rona took hold, at the very least Planet Zoo did miss the June/July period for DLC (a major DLC would've been unlikely for this year given the problems it would add to the Switch port).

Jens is not going to be able to give you the answer you want right now, it's a company decision as to when/if to inform us on these things. It's clear that Jens personally goes by the ethos of ripping off the band-aid quickly and as soon as possible, so if there is ever is a time when he's allowed to give a concrete answer, he will, as a news post.
Understandable, but what do you think killed Jurassic World Evolution?

Was it COVID-19, mods/modders, or crappy management?

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier

Hi Dreadfan!

Taking a game like Jurassic World Evolution on a new, and portable, platform has been an incredible technical feat and we're really proud of what our team has achieved. We have spent a long time working very hard to bring the same experience our PC and console audiences have enjoyed for the last few years to the Nintendo Switch. At this moment we don't have an announcement to make about any future content or updates for our other platforms as we are fully focused on delivering this wonderful game for even more people to enjoy from 3 November.

Hi Dreadfan!

Taking a game like Jurassic World Evolution on a new, and portable, platform has been an incredible technical feat and we're really proud of what our team has achieved. We have spent a long time working very hard to bring the same experience our PC and console audiences have enjoyed for the last few years to the Nintendo Switch. At this moment we don't have an announcement to make about any future content or updates for our other platforms as we are fully focused on delivering this wonderful game for even more people to enjoy from 3 November.
I agree it's very difficult to try to transport the game that's been out since 2018 to a new platform so that new Gamers can enjoy Jurassic world evolution. Especially since work at home is very difficult, I appreciate everything Frontier does and I'm still looking forward to what Frontier does for Jurassic world evolution in the future going into 2021 even during the uncertain times well I look forward to everything Jens Erik. I'm mostly interested in what Frontier does with the game now that Jurassic world Dominion will come out with new dinosaurs in 2021, I don't mind waiting for new dinosaurs from Frontier because of the new movie and I really hope that this is just a thought maybe a Jurassic world Dominion DLC may be possible just curious since we had a Fallen Kingdom DLC with new dinosaurs Promised by Universal Studios to be in Jurassic world Dominion.

Last edited:
Hi Dreadfan!

As a matter of fact, that's exactly what you guys (Frontier) shared on the day(s) of the port's announcement on both the official JWE and Frontier Twitter channels that I saw way back when. Thank you for posting the same thing here in the forums for further clarification, @Jens Erik. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom