ANNOUNCEMENT Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park + Free Update 1.12 Coming 10 December

Just had a thought... This probably isnt in the dlc/update.... But if it aint it could be in the next!

Now that we can destroy the jeeps... Something i know i asked for was destroying the helicopter. Right now it's impossible to crash. But wait... Now we have pterandadons!!!! If they escape... Why couldn't they fly into the helicopter and take it down like other dinos and the jeeps?

Just an idea i hope gets considered at some point.

What new tour option? And what do you mean alternate overlay? Honestly I was strictly going on the info given in this exact post and the trailer, so that's why I said, "but that might just be because all the features haven't been announced yet", meaning I might just feel that way because I don't know everything that's going to be in it just yet. It seems too early to judge on that yet. As for comparing it to the $15 ones, I was simply comparing the base number of new things added, since those had 3-5 dinos each, plus other assets etc.
Like I added in the second part of my comment though, I'm still grateful they're working on the game at all and happy about the additions! I didn't mean to come off as negative or complaining in any sense, so I apologize if I did! The main point in my comment was to express a want for a bundle/pass, not to say the content wasn't worth the money. It's just the first pack I'm REALLY interested in personally. The others were neat concepts, but this one is more appealing to me, that's all!

New tour option is the tour track underneath and the safari green and yellow ford explorer.

The new overlay is something else i hoped for.. Its just gonna be a redesign of how your HUD looks. You know (on Xbox) you hit the x button and it brings up park statistics, expedition map, fossil center, your park map, etc.... I think that's going to look different. It's going to look like 93 JP. Im hoping for a shot of that JP control center! : )

It would be cool if sabatoges in this dlc caused the nedry "you didn't say the magic word" screen to pop up somewhere.

The issue I see with that is Frontier has always stayed with the response that all the Dinosaurs are female. But we are supposedly getting a skin meant for a male version of a Dinosaur in one of the movies. So could this possibly mean we will have male and female Dinosaurs in the game?

That or Frontier just said screw it and threw that out and decided to break the rules and give us skins even if they belong to an entirely different gender of Dinosaur. I guess some people could read some kind of breeding mechanic into this. Which I doubt we will see in this version of the game.
Really, we are unlikely to have breeding, but this feature is highly good to come into the game because it is a key element of the Jurassic Park franchise, no wonder Ian Malcom said the phrase "Life Finds a Way"

Hi everyone,

Are you ready to embark on a brand new adventure? Go back in time to 1993 where the dinosaurs have taken over Isla Nublar, and reclaim the islands in order to rebuild Hammond's vision for the greatest attraction on earth, Jurassic Park!

Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park allows you to revisit some of the iconic islands from the film in an all new, captivating storyline delivered by the original cast. Join Dr. Ian Malcolm, Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler, as you return, reclaim and rebuild the beloved locations of Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna, and open the gates of Jurassic Park to the public for the first time in history.

Complete with a whole range of new buildings like the Visitor Centre and Aviary, as well as a plethora of classic dinosaur skins including the 93' T. rex and Velociraptor, this exciting new expansion is sure to bring back fond memories for any Jurassic Park Fan; especially with two new highly anticipated dinosaurs coming as well:

Compsognathus
These dinosaurs lived in the Late Jurassic in what is now Europe. Weighing between 0.83 and 3.5kg, Compsognathus would have relied on its quick reactions and high speed and manoeuvrability in order to catch its prey, which - unlike other dinosaurs - is well known due to fossil evidence of small lizards found in the stomachs of both known specimens.

Pteranodon
A genus of late Cretaceous pterosaur, flying reptiles that - while not dinosaurs themselves - share the clade Avemetatarsalia with dinosaurs. The name is derived from Greek meaning "wing without tooth". With wingspans over 7 metres, these reptiles would have been extremely light and delicate in order to be able to fly.

Alongside this hugely exciting content pack is a brand new free update with some features that have been highly requested from the community! We'll be sharing more information about both the free update and Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park every week until the launch. So keep an eye out on all of our social channels, and buckle up for an awesome few weeks!

Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park is coming 10 December on Steam, Playstation 4 and Xbox One for £15.99/€19.99/$19.99 (prices may vary depending on platform and region, you will need to own the base game to play the new content).

Well done frontier! Already my favorite & most anticipated dlc! I’m perfectly fine with the jeeps being the tour vehicle verses the explorer from original film. Looks fantastic & can’t wait for the 10th to be here! Exceeded our expectations! Only features left in my opinion is mosey feeding show building & possibility island builder feature other than those this is the by far the best Jurassic series game! Your hard work is appreciated!

-Drew

Well done frontier! Already my favorite & most anticipated dlc! I’m perfectly fine with the jeeps being the tour vehicle verses the explorer from original film. Looks fantastic & can’t wait for the 10th to be here! Exceeded our expectations! Only features left in my opinion is mosey feeding show building & possibility island builder feature other than those this is the by far the best Jurassic series game! Your hard work is appreciated!

-Drew
The Explorers are in.

here's my job when I'm bored-check it out:)i am very excited for this dlc!!:D
pt 02.jpg
pt 03.jpg

You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Why get hyped about stuff that hasn't even been hinted? This DLC looks absolutely amazing based on the posts and screenshots. I couldn't be happier.

Then they will get all whiny and nasty like children and blame Frontier for not delivering things they never promised. lol

It's there Gonna be surivival Mode of First Person View for the Return to Jurassic Park? i like to see the developer to Playable as the Survivor/Guest in the Park.

Really hoping that with the damageable ranger vehicles they up the accuracy and reloading time for the AI rangers, because that's something that will create issues.

I'm also kind of wondering if it's not a destroyable vehicle, but one that, if damaged enough, retreats back to the ranger/ACU facility for repairs rather than continuing with its task.

Thank you Frontier for this awesome looking DLC! I cant wait to see more from it. One of the things Im superhappy about is that the coloring seems different. The colors are all warmer, which makes everything look much more realistic. Landscape painters know the real sky most of the time is a blue with a slight touch of crimson. And grass is green with touches of yellow. Looking forward to all the happy little accidents with destroyable vehicles!! ;)

i posted this on youtube but i think it wasn't an official video, sorry if this is spam i just wanna share it again officially on the forums...
my two cents are just that since pz came out I was hoping we could have more varied buildings or decorations in the game. NOT too much mind you. Like the one here where we can interchange between legacy and jw skins. I hope we can have them together so our parks are gonna have some variation. Same with the fences. As are the trees (if the redwoods are like the scenery items), was hoping if we could place them more tightly together so they'd look more natural. And since vehicles can be damaged, I was hoping staff could be killed. So there's now a risk (and maybe a penalty for casualties) involved when entering a paddock. And the guests are gonna need toilets, so was hoping an added depth in the management side. Anyways super excited can't wait for Dec 10!!!

Last edited:
As hyped as I am for this drop, the thing I find myself wanting more than anything out of this is some exhibit signs - my people need to know what exhibit they're standing next to!

Oh, and signposts in general, because who knows what is off down that path without a signpost. I know - cosmetic decorations like this aren't high on most people's list, but I've been yearning for the JP style exhibit signs and signposts and other small decorations like that since before the official wishlist thread was a thing. Hoping for some things like that might be pushed into the free DLC portion

Top Bottom