Ships Just bought an Anaconda need help increasing range

I got rid of my weapons and shields but my current range is only 9.81 LY.
Core internal:
1C Lightweight Alloys
8E Power Plant
7E Thrusters
6E FSD
5E Life Support
8E Power Distributor
8E Sensors
5C Fuel Tank
Optional Internal:
6E Cargo Rack
5E Cargo Rack
4E Cargo Rack
1E Advanced Docking Computer
3B Fuel Scoop
1I Detailed Surface Scanner
1E Cargo Rack
1E Supercruise Assist
1I Planetary Approach Suite

Any help will be appreciated.

Replace the FSD with a 6A one (or a B, C, or D if that's all you can afford).
Generally make the other core modules D.
Unlock Felicity Farseer and engineer the FSD with Increase Range + Mass Manager (but only once you have the 6A FSD).

There is a site called 'google', type in your questions and it magically can answer! There is a 'mini-google' on this very site - called the 'search' button. That knows less, but can still be useful for simple questions like this one :)

There is a site called 'google', type in your questions and it magically can answer! There is a 'mini-google' on this very site - called the 'search' button. That knows less, but can still be useful for simple questions like this one :)
Havin' a bad day? :)

First step - exchange FSD from E to A
Second step - engineer this A rated FSD to Grade 5 with Mass Manager special effect.
Third step - change sensors and life support to D rated
Fourth step - change powerplant to 7A (8A is probably too expensive for you)
Fifth step - Fit a 7A thrusters, 8A Power distributor and 7A rated shields or 7C bi-wave if your ship is combat oriented. If not combat oriented, fit a smaller shields.

I got rid of my weapons and shields but my current range is only 9.81 LY.
Any help will be appreciated.

What is your goal for the anaconda? Do you want an exploration ship, multirole or perhaps a cargo ship? How much money do you have for use and do you have access to any engineers or guardian technology? What you have listed there is just off-the-shelf anaconda which of course has terrible jump range. People above have presented some basic build concepts to increase the jump range, but we do not know if you ONLY want jump range or something else also and what you have to work with to get that.

Edit: I took Hadrian's build from above and added guardian tech, but no engineers to it and a bit more cargo etc and I added shields. It is still sub 200M price tag.
These kinds of builds are only good for pve though and you probably know that.

Once you start doing a bit of engineering you could build that same cargo ship a bit more towards this for example:
to get to that 70 LY jump range unladen and 47 laden while having still that 368 tons cargo capacity and almost 2k/2k shields and hull.

Last edited:
a bit mutch of hold my hand threads last weeks, you want it we do all for you just a tiny amount of self informing would be great. With that little information about the game you shouldn´t have the money to buy a Anaconda. Ask youtube like you did to get your money ;-) D is Lightwight !

Last edited:
OP, the Coriolis Web site that people have linked their ship builds is a great resource to design and tweek possible module configurations.

Ignore the salt, noob questions are ok.

Top Bottom