Just got a Krait MK2

Haven't decided yet whether to keep flying it or return to the Alliance Challenger I was using. The Krait has more power but I could turn the challenger on a dime and get behind enemy ships. The Krait is better at face tanking opponents because the challenger's windshield took a lot more damage.

If I reduce mass on the Krait can I get it to fly similar to the challenger?

Reducing mass will improve ship's agility a bit but engineering thrusters is what gives it a significant difference.

Krait is faster, better hard points and can launch Ship Launched Fighters. Afaik, Challenger is only better with thicker hulls. It's agility is slightly better.

I'm still working on engineering thrusters for my Krait. It's been a long road.

If I can't make it maneuverable to my liking then I'll sell it. As it is, I can't get behind enemies and stay there. It doesn't suit my combat style. If I wanted a slow but powerful ship, I would get an Anaconda.

Outside it's ability to boost at will the Krait is not a particularly agile vessel, it's rotationals are modest, it's rather blue zone dependent, and it's vertical/lateral acceleration is mediocre. It's quite difficult to stay behind anything remotely agile for long as it's easy to overshoot the mark with boost.

That said, it's durable, very hard hitting, and the on demand boost without having to sacrifice pips elsewhere too often is a huge asset.

I just killed one in a high res zone with this
970002x5801.jpg

Felt good too.

Reducing mass will improve ship's agility a bit but engineering thrusters is what gives it a significant difference.

Krait is faster, better hard points and can launch Ship Launched Fighters. Afaik, Challenger is only better with thicker hulls. It's agility is slightly better.
I'm in Colonia with access to Mel Brandon. Which mod do you use on thrusters?

Sorry to hear that? I bought one too, on patch day. It’s still wrapped in plastic at Jameson, waiting for me to finish my trek around the galaxy. It will probably be sitting there for a while after I return too.

Flew one around in the beta. I believe the word that best describes it is: “Underwhelmed”.

DeletedUser191218

D
Haven't decided yet whether to keep flying it or return to the Alliance Challenger I was using. The Krait has more power but I could turn the challenger on a dime and get behind enemy ships. The Krait is better at face tanking opponents because the challenger's windshield took a lot more damage.

If I reduce mass on the Krait can I get it to fly similar to the challenger?

If it's agility you want, maybe ditch both and go for an FDL? I can spank anything in that thing (admittedly it's pretty heavily engineered). Nothing handles and packs a punch like an FDL. If the devs introduce a better combat ship, i think i would cry.

The Krait mk 2 is my favourite medium ship now. Perma boost and frag cannons.
Nice cockpit and view. Permaboost. Great hardpointplacement. Nice sound.
What else does one need?
Did I mention permaboost?

Which reminds me that i have to try a Mk2 with 3 PACs and either 2 long range rails or 2 seekers

DDastardly00

D
This. Best medium all-rounder I think.

The Python would have something to say about that.

I own both, fought in both, both are great at combat too albeit very differently. The Krait with Grade 5 DD's combined with boost-turning can get behind any ship very quickly, especially the highly maneuverable Thargoid scouts. My heavily engineered Krait MKII very quickly became one of my single most favorite ships in the game. It's also one of the most versatile ships in the game, it can do any job too

Last edited by a moderator:
From couple of days testing without any engineering, I would say that Krait Mk II. is better mid-sized mission/combat ship than Python. Python is a better mining/trading ship that Krait Mk II.

But I must admit that did not tried all combinations. For example my mining Python have two large turreted beam lasers, together with Abbrasion blaster and two Seismic charge launchers. I did not tried this combination on Krait yet. Also I did not tried my Krait with 2x large turreted beams, 1x large gimballed multi, 2x medium gimballed multi which is the weaponry which my trading Python have.

Top Bottom