Just got a Krait MK2

Congrats, friend, you have just purchased the most ruthlessly efficient, blood-soaked, pirate slaughtering weapon available on the market! It's the gift that keeps on killing! I'll never sell mine.

With engineering it will handle better than any of the base Alliance ships, mine is currently more agile than my modestly engineered Mamba and engages small targets much more easily.

It's not as sturdy as a Python, but has MUCH more firepower if you are using a fighter hangar, and you should be.

I'm not sure why all-around ships have better boosting than heavy combat ships, but I get more than 3 boosts per distributor fill, as others noted. Mine boosts to over 400 ATM, not fully engineered yet though.

Great centered view for combat. I keep coming back to it, and every now and again I engineer something. Currently I can chew up Anacondas all day. Probably not the best PvP choice though.

Thanks - the previous advice about thrust with dirty drive + drag helped with agility. Still not as agile as the alliance challenger but overall a better ship. Thrusters are great if I do get in a tight spot but for the most part I can take on wings without a major problem in haz res zones.

I find agility of a well engineered Krait just about right. I haven't flown a Challenger but found an engineered FAS difficult to maneuver especially with FA off for tight turns.

I have both the Mk II and the Phantom. After trying both in pve combat I actually do much better in the phantom. Doesnt really make sense since the Mk II should be the better combat ship. Maybe it just fits my flying style better. I take a lot less hits in the phantom and can maneuver much better. I've turned the Mk II into my first bug killer, manage to kill scouts easily but still cant get a cyclops. Canopy shatters almost every fight with a cyclops.

From couple of days testing without any engineering, I would say that Krait Mk II. is better mid-sized mission/combat ship than Python. Python is a better mining/trading ship that Krait Mk II.

But I must admit that did not tried all combinations. For example my mining Python have two large turreted beam lasers, together with Abbrasion blaster and two Seismic charge launchers. I did not tried this combination on Krait yet. Also I did not tried my Krait with 2x large turreted beams, 1x large gimballed multi, 2x medium gimballed multi which is the weaponry which my trading Python have.
Krait is a fighter that can haul, Python is a hauler that can fight. Makes sense?

I have both the Mk II and the Phantom. After trying both in pve combat I actually do much better in the phantom. Doesnt really make sense since the Mk II should be the better combat ship. Maybe it just fits my flying style better. I take a lot less hits in the phantom and can maneuver much better. I've turned the Mk II into my first bug killer, manage to kill scouts easily but still cant get a cyclops. Canopy shatters almost every fight with a cyclops.
YESSS its a fantastic bug killer. What are you running for weapons? I do 2 guardian gausss in the medium, 2 large guardian shard in the large, and the remote flak in the middle large. I use a hangar with 2 fighters, and switch between AX taipan and the guardian gauss one.

I also cracked a lot of canopies when I started with it. Here is the move though, scan it while it scans you. Then as soon as you are done scanning it, blast the hell out of it with everything you have, then scoot right out of there. A lot of times I can get the first heart on the first salvo. The fighter is more so a distraction for the goid, so release that while boosting away. Try to always have one out. Also, dont get caught up in killing the thargon swarm, just avoid it. Use the reach on the gauss/ fast attack joust with shard to bring shields down and exert heart, and once they drop just fly in and blast em with the shards. If they catch you with lightning, I just hang in there and blast the hell out of them.

These methods have worked really well for me so far.

Haven't decided yet whether to keep flying it or return to the Alliance Challenger I was using. The Krait has more power but I could turn the challenger on a dime and get behind enemy ships. The Krait is better at face tanking opponents because the challenger's windshield took a lot more damage.

If I reduce mass on the Krait can I get it to fly similar to the challenger?
And here is some interesting information about your new ship.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...rry-and-pawel-ptaszynski.515445/#post-7861062

DDastardly00

D
Ever since the bugs retreated (sort of) I swapped my Krait's hardpoints and Xeno-related internals back to non-AX weapons and non-Xeno stuff. Swapped the medium Guass cannons in the front to Engineered, Grade 5 Efficient Plasma Accelerators, left my large Themal Vent Beam alone but switched the AX muliti's to an oversized grade 5 multi cannon with incendiary on one side and on the other side is a engineered pulse laser. That setup works well for me.

Wrapped up my mining trip in the Python, made a quick 150 million. My Python only has grade 4- DD thrusters and it's still so agile, just smooth as silk maneuvering around those asteroids, flew back to the station to go Bounty hunting in the Krait. As much as I love the Krait, I always experience a brief moment of sadness when parking the Python.

Ever since the bugs retreated (sort of) I swapped my Krait's hardpoints and Xeno-related internals back to non-AX weapons and non-Xeno stuff. Swapped the medium Guass cannons in the front to Engineered, Grade 5 Efficient Plasma Accelerators, left my large Themal Vent Beam alone but switched the AX muliti's to an oversized grade 5 multi cannon with incendiary on one side and on the other side is a engineered pulse laser. That setup works well for me.

Wrapped up my mining trip in the Python, made a quick 150 million. My Python only has grade 4- DD thrusters and it's still so agile, just smooth as silk maneuvering around those asteroids, flew back to the station to go Bounty hunting in the Krait. As much as I love the Krait, I always experience a brief moment of sadness when parking the Python.

I might experiment with something like your setup. Currently I have Large Beam lasers with thermal, one large multicannon with overcharged, one medium multicannon with corrosive and one medium cannon (for penetration) all gimballed.

Unfortunately for the time being I'm in Colonia with access only to Brandon and Olmanova and don't have a plasma mod pinned so if I do equip one it won't be modded.

DDastardly00

D
I might experiment with something like your setup. Currently I have Large Beam lasers with thermal, one large multicannon with overcharged, one medium multicannon with corrosive and one medium cannon (for penetration) all gimballed.

Unfortunately for the time being I'm in Colonia with access only to Brandon and Olmanova and don't have a plasma mod pinned so if I do equip one it won't be modded.
Forgot to mention I have plasma slugs for the experimental effect, it makes all the difference, adds longer range and the projectiles travel faster towards the target.

YESSS its a fantastic bug killer. What are you running for weapons? I do 2 guardian gausss in the medium, 2 large guardian shard in the large, and the remote flak in the middle large. I use a hangar with 2 fighters, and switch between AX taipan and the guardian gauss one.

I also cracked a lot of canopies when I started with it. Here is the move though, scan it while it scans you. Then as soon as you are done scanning it, blast the hell out of it with everything you have, then scoot right out of there. A lot of times I can get the first heart on the first salvo. The fighter is more so a distraction for the goid, so release that while boosting away. Try to always have one out. Also, dont get caught up in killing the thargon swarm, just avoid it. Use the reach on the gauss/ fast attack joust with shard to bring shields down and exert heart, and once they drop just fly in and blast em with the shards. If they catch you with lightning, I just hang in there and blast the hell out of them.

These methods have worked really well for me so far.
I've been running 2 medium gauss cannons, two flak cannons, and a large AX multicannon or shard cannon. Wasn't able to do much damage to the swarm with only one flak cannon. But I like the idea of avoiding the swarm and using the fighter to distract. I just unlocked the Guardian Lance SLF last night, haven't tried it yet. Boost speed is about 500, so I can outrun all except a Basilisk :)

I've been running 2 medium gauss cannons, two flak cannons, and a large AX multicannon or shard cannon. Wasn't able to do much damage to the swarm with only one flak cannon. But I like the idea of avoiding the swarm and using the fighter to distract. I just unlocked the Guardian Lance SLF last night, haven't tried it yet. Boost speed is about 500, so I can outrun all except a Basilisk :)

Yeah I would swap the remote flak out and have 2 large shard cannons. I rock the Armored PP, so the heat is really not an issue. If the swarm gets close, just turn and burn. I go through a lot of fighters, so I use the Bay that will let me have 2. That way I can constantly have one out while the other is building.

Mobility is your best friend in the Krait. Just make sure to zoom out your radar to keep track of the bugs

Top Bottom