Just made Combat Elite.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I just made Combat Elite. Playing since 2014 more of a trader. I can supply the graphic if someone wants proof. Now I am finally triple Elite mostly being a trader then taking out Thargoid scouts in Pleiades Sector KC-V C2-11 6 LY from Merope. I picked this system because it is small never having to travel too far to find scouts as well as plenty of the big Thargoid ships up to threat 8. I'll need lots of friends to take them out. It does have a nice orbiting station at Kipling orbital with 14 ships in the shipyard. My game play over the years says the more ships available at a station the better the outfitting. I haven't been disappointed.

But I did it the hard way with normal NPCs until I got to Deadly at 80 percent then went for the scouts. That last 20 percent was a grind and I often burned out taking a break going to the Forum to help others. Here is my Forum post taking out scouts as I learned along the way. So I'm done with Thargoids for awhile but maybe later I can help others keeping my dedicated Thargoid attack ships there. I dialed in the Krait Mk II for scouts and the big guys with the weapons stored at Kipling.

Now I'll get in my 60LY Asp Explorer returning to my home base at Adams Orbital in Beta-1 Tucanae and transfer my cargo Python I used to get allied with all the local factions in Kipling. Then what? I'm not sure. Over the years since 2014 I've tried everything in the game except being a serious criminal. Maybe it is time. For now I post my experiences hopefully to help out others but there is always a better player than me. Awaiting 2020 updates. But I smile posting my updated link to Inara.

Regards

Last edited:
o7 .... great achievement

I too have hit a 'dead' zone after the Triple .... but it also takes the pressure off, so you can just do what you really want to as the whim arises.

I've taken a Clipper out exploring for a change ... not worried about rank or credits, just for seeing what's out there again.

Congratz! I'm facing this last elite stat soon, too. I thought about climbing these last 4% long ago but then DW2 came along and there was no doubt what to do. I'll probably grind this bit by aliens as I can pretend to be doing a huge service to Humanity. See you in leetness soon!

Greetings,

I just made Combat Elite. Playing since 2014 more of a trader. I can supply the graphic if someone wants proof. Now I am finally triple Elite mostly being a trader then taking out Thargoid scouts in Pleiades Sector KC-V C2-11 6 LY from Merope. I picked this system because it is small never having to travel far to find scouts as well as plenty of the big Thargoid ships up to threat 8. I'll need lots of friends to take them out. It does have a nice orbiting station at Kipling orbital with 14 ships in the shipyard. My game play says the more ships available the better the outfitting. I haven't been disappointed.

But I did it the hard way with normal NPCs until I got to Deadly at 80 percent then went for the scouts. That last 20 percent was a grind and I often burned out taking a break. So I'm done with Thargoids but maybe later I can help others keeping my dedicated Thargoid attack ships there. I dialed in the Krait Mk II for scouts and the big guys with the weapons stored at Kipling.

Now I'll get in my 60LY Asp Explorer returning to my home base at Adams Orbital in Beta-1 Tucanae and transfer my cargo Python I used to get allied with all the local factions in Kipling. Then what? I'm not sure. Over the years since 2014 I've tried everything in the game except being a serious criminal. Maybe it is time. For now I post my experiences hopefully to help out others but there is always a better player than me. Awaiting 2020 updates. But I smile posting my updated link to Inara.

Regards

Absolutely go the criminal route. You won't be disappointed!

o7 .... great achievement

I too have hit a 'dead' zone after the Triple .... but it also takes the pressure off, so you can just do what you really want to as the whim arises.

I've taken a Clipper out exploring for a change ... not worried about rank or credits, just for seeing what's out there again.
I have a dedicated engineered Orca explorer in a second PC account 10,000 LY out going to Colonia but I have not made it. I may not be a dedicated explorer.

Congrats. I have 3% left, but it will change within 3 days after I'm done with one combat zone :)
Let me know if I can help. If the math still works I can take them down to 20 percent with a combat Corvette then you complete the kill and get the credits. No 12-25 percent of your profits hiring a fighter pilot and losing combat Elite experience points. My cost is more expensive having you post on the Forum what worked and didn't work for other players to learn.

Last edited:

DDastardly00

D
Congrats Commander, sounds like it was well earned! I never tried the full on criminal trade, I've very lightly dabbled at Piracy enough to dip my toe in the water but that's about it. What little experience I had with it, I found enjoyable, seems like it would be a fun profession.

DeletedUser191218

D
Am I in the minority who thinks making elite isn't really much of an accolade? You could spend every day killing harmless sidewinders and eventually get combat elite. It doesn't necessarily reflect combat skill.

OP already said he/she achieved elite by grinding scouts. Scouts are really easy to kill. Kind of proves how pointless it is.

Am I in the minority who thinks making elite isn't really much of an accolade? You could spend every day killing harmless sidewinders and eventually get combat elite. It doesn't necessarily reflect combat skill.

OP already said he/she achieved elite by grinding scouts. Scouts are really easy to kill. Kind of proves how pointless it is.
Yes, completely pointless .... firing shafts of light across a flat screen ... no sense of achievement at all ... we should all play with our My Little Pony toys ... so much more meaningful.

And the answer to your question is yes.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom