Just read Cmdr Harry Potter is signed up for DWE2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
"Bootcamp" is also something overweight housewives do, ftr...

I think it's hilarious that's what you chose to go off on!
Most references you'd find have nothing to do with military service.

sollisb

Banned
"Bootcamp" is also something overweight housewives do, ftr...

I think it's hilarious that's what you chose to go off on!
Most references you'd find have nothing to do with military service.

Actually, Boot camp is a North American term for Military Training of recruits. Go-on, go check it out.

I merely 'went off' on his use of it...

You seem to know a lot about dolls and overweight housewives... Something you want to discuss? We can help you through this time of growing :D

Getting back on topic: well, that was a nice display of maturity. Get booted from a Discord, start ganking people in response. Although I'll admit, I find it quite funny that he then went the extra mile and even hastily threw together a counter-expedition. Thanks for linking it! Good to know the participants list there, too.

Getting back on topic: well, that was a nice display of maturity. Get booted from a Discord, start ganking people in response. Although I'll admit, I find it quite funny that he then went the extra mile and even hastily threw together a counter-expedition. Thanks for linking it! Good to know the participants list there, too.

I believe that most of the participants of the counter expedition are making some irony out from all this stuff :)

Actually, Boot camp is a North American term for Military Training of recruits. Go-on, go check it out.

You seem to know a lot about dolls and overweight housewives... Something you want to discuss? We can help you through this time of growing :D

It's a term that has been co-opted by the masses.
LOL!
The wiki disambiguation page mentions wayward teens for the firsy entry, but that's a pretty nice parallel to a lot of military recruits to be fair.
Dev bootcamps come after that.
Then the aforementioned fitness bootcamps.

Military is way down the list soldier!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_camp

Get with the times.

Which brings me to the other point, why do you have all the baggage about a video game?

Seems like conduct a tough soldierly guy might want to avoid, getting your panties in a twist about people shooting imaginary space ships...
You sound traumatized.

So, show us with the dolls where the griefers hurt you.

Last edited:
One of the those behind some dumb cretins posted this right after the Premonition event...
They will never, ever be trusted with anything ever again by the larger community

Yes, we will. People always trust us. It'll take about 6 months and we'll do it again.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...wo_days_ive_been_angry_but_im_slowly/dgzjn46/

So well done for proving the guys I thought were overreacting right.
And that's what it takes. Folks to see for themselves how untrustworthy these characters are in-game.
Now that they've been called out, they've started doing what we knew they would do, going out ganking unarmed exploration ships. It was very predictable.

It's funny how the biggest aficionados of using PG as a knowledge substitute are often the nastiest on the forum and most likely to go "off on" people they don't agree with. News flash sollisb: nobody cares about your real life or your experience in the army, or your attempts to make weird judgments about people over the Internet. As Bob mentioned and which should have been obvious to you, the phrase "bootcamp" has been co-opted by society to mean taking some form of tough training to advance one's knowledge and skills. I used to teach extreme condition survival courses for ultra marathon's taking place above the Arctic Circle, for example, and we called it a "Iditarod Bootcamp." I'm currently taking a webinar for Adobe that is literally called the "Photoshop Bootcamp," aimed at people who don't the difference between the fill bucket and the free transform tool. See where this is going? Try debating the points without being so easily affronted. My only point was about teaching, because it really breaks my heart when I see a guy in a Cutter go down so fast as the fellow on that video, and my first instinct is to help him (or them, as the case may be). Hard to see how that's such a bad thing.

Last edited:
Every community has their version of the Kardashians, a group so desperate to place themselves at the centre of attention of all activities. And Elite Dangerous is no exception.

Deleted member 115407

D
It's funny how the biggest aficionados of using PG as a knowledge substitute are often the nastiest on the forum and most likely to go "off on" people they don't agree with. News flash sollisb: nobody cares about your real life or your experience in the army, or your attempts to make weird judgments about people over the Internet. As Bob mentioned and which should have been obvious to you, the phrase "bootcamp" has been co-opted by society to mean taking some form of tough training to advance one's knowledge and skills. I used to teach extreme condition survival courses for ultra marathon's taking place above the Arctic Circle, for example, and we called it a "Iditarod Bootcamp." I'm currently taking a webinar for Adobe that is literally called the "Photoshop Bootcamp," aimed at people who don't the difference between the fill bucket and the free transform tool. See where this is going? Try debating the points without being so easily affronted. My only point was about teaching, because it really breaks my heart when I see a guy in a Cutter go down so fast as the fellow on that video, and my first instinct is to help him (or them, as the case may be). Hard to see how that's such a bad thing.

Combat Veteran, 3 times over.

Bootcamp is a perfectly acceptable term, and is in common usage for any intense or dedicated training.

Any argument against that is petty and dishonest.

So true ,i enjoyed years of pvp in games like world of warships and MWO but in Elite PVP is so lacking sportsmanship that i find it completely indesirable .

Every community has their version of the Kardashians, a group so desperate to place themselves at the centre of attention of all activities. And Elite Dangerous is no exception.

I would say SDC and co do a good job of it... we are in the official lore of the game...

It seems the Beseiger on this forum is quite a different character than the Potter in game.

"I got an issue with the organisers, so I'll take it out on the participants" is never a sound argument. It's peevish. So well done for proving the guys I thought were overreacting right.

That assumes me the only reason he griefed was because he was called out. I think it was clear he was waiting for maximum salt.

As Zenith linked earlier

They will never, ever be trusted with anything ever again by the larger community

Yes, we will. People always trust us. It'll take about 6 months and we'll do it again.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom