Just saw the new trailer. WOW!

You, clealy don't get the difference between the words and what they represent regarding context.

Again, if you are saying 'Making trailers is the only thing they are good at' you are saying they are not doing a good job with audio and art design in the game. I am sure that's not what you want to say, but it is what you posted, hence I pointed out how it doesn't make sense.

Again, if you are saying 'Making trailers is the only thing they are good at' you are saying they are not doing a good job with audio and art design in the game. I am sure that's not what you want to say, but it is what you posted, hence I pointed out how it doesn't make sense.

I think he isnt a native speaker, its just a grammar mistake as to what 'they' refers too. He means FD when he said they. He'd still be wrong as you point out, but hey.

Last edited:
Let's hope the "spiky" planet isn't just the art department's promotional teaser and eventually shows up in the game. As the live streams have never revealed anything like it we'll wait and see. Definitely not in 2.3 Beta.

Meanwhile with the Thargoids showing up it looks like surface prospecting just got a whole lot more dangerous! Hmmm...Maybe the mothership protecting Tharglets on the surface...

I think the spiky thing isn't the planet. It's the huge alien ship.

I think he isnt a native speaker, its just a grammar mistake as to what 'they' refers too. He means FD when he said they. He'd still be wrong as you point out, but hey.

If there is this much misunderstanding between forum members, how are we ever going to communicate with Thargoids? :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm think you inferred that FD are only good at making trailers and that is down the good art and audio teams, not the fact that the only thing the art and audio teams do is good trailers?.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm think you inferred that FD are only good at making trailers and that is down the good art and audio teams, not the fact that the only thing the art and audio teams do is good trailers?.

What?! I think this doesn't help :D

I really love the trailers, it's just a shame that since Frontier acknowledged that "Players weren't finding things because they were spread out" and promised to address that issue it feels like the solution was to just whack everything around the same patch of space in a tight box so that the whole "Awesome discovery searching" vibe has vanished from everything but the trailers.

Now it's just "This majority patch of the galaxy has nothing cool in it. This little box that players stubbornly refused to ever leave and just flew around in circles now has all the discoveries".

And when everything is packed in the equivilent of a level zone that you have to go visit knowing you'll never see the content outside that level zone, it's not really cool hidden ruins exploration and discovery as it is more mass tourism to Butlins for the summer holidays.

Last edited:
The only thing they are good at thanks to audio and art teams which are great at their jobs.

What?! I think this doesn't help :D

:D

Lets try this:

The only thing they [Frontier] are good at[, which is ] thanks to audio and art teams which [who] are great at their jobs.

:D

Lets try this:

Thanks, :D

I believe what he wanted to say is: 'The only thing Frontier is good at is audio and art design, that's also why they make good trailers. Because their audio and art design teams are good.

What he did say is: 'Frontier is only good at making trailers.' That implies they are not good at anything else, like art and sound design in the game (ships, stations, engine noise, etc). But this doesn't make much sense if he thinks art and audio teams are doing a good job.

:)
Maybe we should start another thread about it and settle matters once and for all? :D

C4 multicannons. :)

Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, :D

I believe what he wanted to say is: 'The only thing Frontier is good at is audio and art design, that's also why they make good trailers. Because their audio and art design teams are good.

What he did say is: 'Frontier is only good at making trailers.' That implies they are not good at anything else, like art and sound design in the game (ships, stations, engine noise, etc). But this doesn't make much sense if he thinks art and audio teams are doing a good job.

:)
Maybe we should start another thread about it and settle matters once and for all? :D

No need to fire up an other thread you nearly got it.

25i6qdv.jpg

I actually get the feeling that the build up of aliens is going to be more enjoyable than the actual inclusion of them. I'm enjoying the slow release tension behind it

Agreed. My speculation on how they will be included (born out of playing since beta):

Thargoids (or whatever they are) will be pretty much like every other PowerPlay faction. Players will be able to get spikes on their ships as a reward for commitment to the faction though just like all other hull add-ons it won't show in the HUD display (just the typical faction/Combat rank). There will be the same missions just like every other faction though perhaps with a modicum of an "alien" twist. In high intensity combat zones the alien ships will take the place of the Imperial/Federal large sized capital ships but otherwise you will only see AI flying normal Cobras etc with spikes (or perhaps nothing different at all except faction titles as it is now). The "home system" planets will have caves + spikes and there may be a few simplistic, repetitive and unrewarding missions (i.e. standard mission board fare) to go to those moons/planets to gather "scans" or "artifacts" which won't drastically alter meta game or be anything like a story experience (nor help you advance financially without resorting to "board swapping" for hours on end).

Occasionally there may be a Community Goal related to them but for the most part there will be little in the way of developing a story or plot of any sort and there will be little further interaction beyond maybe a livestream or a few headlines in Galnet.

Ultimately they will play out as just another "feature" (i.e. E:D now with ALIENS!) rather than actual "content".

/sigh

But if I ignore all my previous experience with Elite, that trailer does look promising!

Let's hope the "spiky" planet isn't just the art department's promotional teaser and eventually shows up in the game. As the live streams have never revealed anything like it we'll wait and see. Definitely not in 2.3 Beta.

Meanwhile with the Thargoids showing up it looks like surface prospecting just got a whole lot more dangerous! Hmmm...Maybe the mothership protecting Tharglets on the surface...

Hoping 2.4 is about caves and better terrain. I mean that seems like the right amount of tease to apply to a feature that is a whole release + beta away. Could be just something thargoid tho.

Top Bottom