Just some suggestions

In the various missions screens, SHOW HOW MANY MISSIONS I HAVE currently (or how many I can take still).
The mission lines in the HUD UI could be vastly more informative, say where they are GOING instead of having a giant bar showing how much proportionally you have...that could be much smaller.
In the cargo UI where it says "CARGO CAPACITY" the meaning is wrong. If it shows CARGO CAPACITY 63/64, syntactically that means my CAPACITY is 63 units, ie I can add 63 units, I have 1 in my hold. In the UI, change the word CAPACITY to LOAD, and then you mean what you intend to mean.
In the UI for SRV cargo transfer, the UI words don't make sense at all. The left column IIRC says "transfer from SRV" and the right says "transfer to ship" are misleading.
In fact, the left column is IN SRV. The right column is IN SHIP. If you click to transfer something, it should move to the other column (and ideally, remain highlighted to show that you haven't transferred yet until you hit transfer). Or just get rid of the redundant transfer button and move the goods immediately when clicked. It's not like there's a penalty or risk if it needs to be undone.

Generally, it would be nice as well to have a at least a proportion of missions be player-driven mission generation. Ie IRL I could post "Hey, this ship is going to Robigo, I have 8 VIP slots available and 32 cargo" and have missions generate from that, with perhaps various other missions available NEAR the route, more $ for more pilot inconvenience (like RL, someone would have cargo and say hey but could you stop over there...?) Maybe have a time delay between when a player posts the mission, and over time NPCs find out about it (maybe the player has to post when they'll leave, with big penalties for leaving late) and generate missions.

Also, changing settings really should be possible without suspending the entire game. Sure, it's one thing if you're changing graphics and have to reload...but checking/changing keymaps should be doable 'en flight'?

BTW thanks for the great game. Lots of fun! Looking forward to Odyssey.

Also, changing settings really should be possible without suspending the entire game. Sure, it's one thing if you're changing graphics and have to reload...but checking/changing keymaps should be doable 'en flight'?

BTW thanks for the great game. Lots of fun! Looking forward to Odyssey.

As far as I am aware it entirely possible to change key setting in flight. When you select the options menu you don't exit the game at all, you only ever exit the game if you select to exit to the main menu or the desktop. In fact I did it the other day when I need to change from generic keyboard to custom, esc->options->ctrls, and back to the game view on exit, still shooting along where I was.

In the various missions screens, SHOW HOW MANY MISSIONS I HAVE currently (or how many I can take still).

Counting up to 20 is a vital survival skill you know. ;)

As for the rest - maybe you need to adapt to the game, not demand the game be changed to your preconceptions - hundreds of thousands of us have managed to accommodate its idiosyncrasies so I am sure you could too if you tried.

As far as I am aware it entirely possible to change key setting in flight. When you select the options menu you don't exit the game at all, you only ever exit the game if you select to exit to the main menu or the desktop. In fact I did it the other day when I need to change from generic keyboard to custom, esc->options->ctrls, and back to the game view on exit, still shooting along where I was.
Sorry, I was nonspecific - yes, you're right, you stay in game but you STOP.
I mean, it's safety feature, but why make the settings screen take over the full screen? Couldn't it just be a subscreen like the other huds?

Counting up to 20 is a vital survival skill you know. ;)

As for the rest - maybe you need to adapt to the game, not demand the game be changed to your preconceptions - hundreds of thousands of us have managed to accommodate its idiosyncrasies so I am sure you could too if you tried.
I understand that if something is sacred, it's very hard to hear that ANYTHING might not be considered perfect by everyone else.
Could I ask what else you think a forum titled "Forums > Elite Dangerous > Dangerous Discussion > SUGGESTIONS"
...would be for?

You may love to keep track of a trivial number. I feel computers are really good at it and we should perhaps consider letting the UI track trivial crap.

Last edited:
Further, I'd recommend on "TAKE X UNITS OF (SOMETHING) TO Y LOCATION"... would it be impossible to show in the mission where you're taking them from?
I mean, if I accept the mission but have something else to do and have to come back to it, it would be nice to know from where I'd have to get (McGuffin) items, no?

Further, I'd recommend on "TAKE X UNITS OF (SOMETHING) TO Y LOCATION"... would it be impossible to show in the mission where you're taking them from?
I mean, if I accept the mission but have something else to do and have to come back to it, it would be nice to know from where I'd have to get (McGuffin) items, no?

I though it did do that? Collect items from, if you haven't collected them all already.

Another: please make the time shown configurable. I get that there's some utility to GST but literally every other MMO offers the ability to set the clock to local time. Tens of millions of players of other MMOs have coped perfectly well without being locked to a single clock.

Another: please make the time shown configurable. I get that there's some utility to GST but literally every other MMO offers the ability to set the clock to local time. Tens of millions of players of other MMOs have coped perfectly well without being locked to a single clock.

Just a suggestion @Sty0pa

Put your unrelated material in separate posts so that they can be responded to cohesively. Depending on how you care to count it, you have between three and five different topics going on in one thread.
Fair point, I didn't think my personal suggestions rated cluttering the board but if that's the practice, I certainly shall.

THANKS

I though it did do that? Collect items from, if you haven't collected them all already.
Not as far as I can see. It says "Take (whatever) to (wherever) station." but doesn't in the text of the mission say where you're coming FROM. Seemed like a pretty glaring omission to me, and I've seen when googling other people mention it too with the reply "it will be fixed"...I figured just to add my voice to it.
In my case, honestly, I was in a rush with another mission timer dropping low so I actually left without taking the things (....IMO I know I was personally stupid, but that seems inordinately easy to do), and had a hell of a time figuring out where to go BACK to to get the cargo. Fortunately I was running EDDiscovery and could track back through the log.

IMO any game that more or less requires external resources like EDDI, EDDiscovery, inara.cz to support reasonable play ...to me that suggests a dev team missing core functions in their game.

Not as far as I can see. It says "Take (whatever) to (wherever) station." but doesn't in the text of the mission say where you're coming FROM. Seemed like a pretty glaring omission to me, and I've seen when googling other people mention it too with the reply "it will be fixed"...I figured just to add my voice to it.
In my case, honestly, I was in a rush with another mission timer dropping low so I actually left without taking the things (....IMO I know I was personally stupid, but that seems inordinately easy to do), and had a hell of a time figuring out where to go BACK to to get the cargo. Fortunately I was running EDDiscovery and could track back through the log.

IMO any game that more or less requires external resources like EDDI, EDDiscovery, inara.cz to support reasonable play ...to me that suggests a dev team missing core functions in their game.

I still think it does say it, only if you haven't collected all the items. However, this thread reminded me of another way you could find out.

There is no fixed time frame in space, everything is relative.

Top Bottom