Just unlocked guardian fsd booster

Just boarded my ship from synuefe NL-N C23-4 B 3 and I have everything I need for a guardian fsd booster. It was great. The only thing I didn’t like about it was that the sentinenels weren’t that challenging. This was probably the second or third time I’ve ever driven an srv, the only time I’ve ever fought with an srv (half the time I was pushing the wrong buttons) and the sentinels were very easy to kill, even when there were 4 or 5 of them attacking. I even went afk while they were shooting at me. But other than that it was great! No grind whatsoever. I accidentally forgot a PDT. I almost turned back to buy one when I got there but decided to give it a try. I did good. For those who are going and don’t have synthesis for ammo, better make sure you have at least 2 or 3 srvs. I emptied 2 on ammo. That’s all I got to say. Quite enjoyable
Fly safely
o7

Ps. The only reason I have “I have some concerns...” is because people say it’s a grind

Last edited:
I was secretly glad to figure out I could take out sentinels without too much fear, partly because my binds make it hard to control the SRV, partly because I'd picked a bad fight on the way out and was already on the verge of destruction :)

How are people binding their SRV steering and throttle? I have flightstick controlling turret which works great, but everything I've tried for throttle and steering has just felt inadequate. (Someday I'll buy a steering wheel :D )

Just boarded my ship from synuefe NL-N C23-4 B 3 and I have everything I need for a guardian fsd booster. It was great. The only thing I didn’t like about it was that the sentinenels weren’t that challenging. This was probably the second or third time I’ve ever driven an srv, the only time I’ve ever fought with an srv (half the time I was pushing the wrong buttons) and the sentinels were very easy to kill, even when there were 4 or 5 of them attacking. I even went afk while they were shooting at me. But other than that it was great! No grind whatsoever. I accidentally forgot a PDT. I almost turned back to buy one when I got there but decided to give it a try. I did good. For those who are going and don’t have synthesis for ammo, better make sure you have at least 2 or 3 srvs. I emptied 2 on ammo. That’s all I got to say. Quite enjoyable
Fly safely
o7

Ps. The only reason I have “I have some concerns...” is because people say it’s a grind
I agree, it was great fun! I've done it a few times now, and not a grind at all.
o7

I just did this too. The FSD booster is really worth having. Getting 65ly jumps in my explorerconda and 40+ in my very heavy PVE conda. Some of the sites are more challenging than others, in some of them 6 sentinels attack at once. The sentinels do seem a bit sleepy though, mind you if they were as aggressive as normal skimmers the SRV would be in trouble and you'd need someone in a ship helping. I got module, weapon and ship blueprints from various sites over the last week. FD have done a really great job with the Guardian sites, they are worth visiting to have a look round even if you're not gathering mats / prints.

It 's only a grind if you go out there with a shopping list that includes getting all the stuff for every blueprint....

I enjoyed it. Done the trip three times (and still have a few things to unlock)

The sentinels are indeed not very challenging.
HOWEVER, if you play in VR, the SRV-flipping is a real threat and punishment for being hit! *burp!*

As just pulling the break (as oftentimes recommended) doesn’t do the trick for me, I started to play hide and seek with the sentinels, using cover to avoid their blasts. This is actually more fun and how I believe it was intended to be played.

Last edited:
i have to admit it's really not that bad. i did it twice for modules, obelisk patterns were probably the worst, but i guess that's just bad luck.

after gnosis i decided to go again for 2 extra modules and 2 weapons, but happily had patterns enough by then, it went all really quick.

it's even fun the first couple of times, but it's just daft to have to repeat it over and over, the puzzle is really meh and the structures could use some love, a bit underwhelming. i think i'm done now though, i don't need anything else and won't bother with the slf. [yesnod]

these dumb excuses for 'gameplay' are the reason i think i will never ever clear save. [haha]

Top Bottom