JWE 2

Aside from aspects that don't make sense for a "sequel" to be extremely likely, there's something major that must be noted that might add to it.

Frontier Developments is a public type company, associated with a stock exchange (the London Stock Exchange), and any contract agreements between them and anyone else would be noted, but usually without noting what kind of IPs or any kind of associated parties they are until the games are revealed. If Jurassic World and Universal Studios was associated with Frontier Developments of making a new game of any kind, perhaps there would be a new contract for them to do so, which makes sense.

After all, in Febuary 2017, they said the contract signage for a Hollywood IP, which would remain a mystery for many months until the game was revealed as Jurassic World Evolution on August, would be involved with the production of one game and subsequent DLCs. Those subsequent DLCs were revealed to be Universal Pictures based (Back to the Future, Knight Raider, and The Munsters), all for Planet Coaster. Frontier won't be able to do this, unless a contract agreement was placed with the association with Universal themselves. This vaguely hinted the new Hollywood based game announced back in Fabuary was Universal Pictures based, and only for one game. As it was revealed, it was a UNiversal IP based game: Jurassic World Evolution, based on the Jurassic IP.

When this new 2021 game was revealed, it was said to not only be based on a "major global IP", but to also come with "associated subsequent DLCs". Because the initial IP securing agreement back in 2017 was only for one Universal based IP, it would probably make sense for Frontier to be able to get another contract agreement for them to make on any more new games.

But...

That wouldn't explain the existence of the Ghostbusters DLC pack for Planet Coaster. Frontier has been associated with Sony as a whole, for the use of their gaming consoles: PlayStation. However, that doesn't mean they have full access to all of Sony's properties. With their only association with them in the past was Sony's subsidiary company, Sony Interactive Entertainment, but never with their other subsidiaries. Frontier would need agreements with those daughter companies for their properties to be legally associated with any Frontier's projects, otherwise it's copyright infringement if they didn't go through the proper legal circumstances to make those game projects possible.

The Ghostbusters IP is owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., the respective subsidiary of Sony, and a company that Frontier Developments have never had any association with in the past until 2019. The only way for the Ghostbusters based DLC to exist as it does is for Frontier to have a contract agreement with the daughter company, Sony Pictures, otherwise Frontier will suffer from legal issues.

This would mean that Frontier must have two agreements in place for both SP and UP to have both the Ghostbuster DLC and the so-called "Jurassic World Evolution 2". Right?

Well... between the announcement of the new "major IP game" back in early March of last year and now (the time of this post), there has only been one contract agreement in place. Even Frontier's announced collaboration with Haemimont Games, a private type video game company, for the development of another untitled video game, isn't a contract agreement for major IP stuff from other companies to happen. The Ghostbusters franchise as a whole, it should be noted, has never ever been associated with Universal in any way, ever.

How does it make sense for a Sony Pictures based IP based works to exist and a "supposed" second Jurassic World (Universal Pictures) based game to be developed and planned (including that claimed "Jurassic World Survival" game from the series of leaks that happen at last year's Spring) at the same time if only one contract agreement for only one game existed through out this long time span???

If it's a Sony Pictures IP based game, like I believe it is, I do have a couple of ideas of what it could be that which Frontier Developments could possibly go for.
But there is one thing you are missing, Sony has there OWN game studios. They could simply give their own IP to their own internal studios and make the game based on their own IP. They don't need to give the IP to someone else, since they have many game studios with experience of making great and amazing games. If they made a contract with someone else to use their IP then, based on your analysis, they would have to give Frontier a share of the profit when they could simply make the game themselves and keep more of the profit.

But there is one thing you are missing, Sony has there OWN game studios. They could simply give their own IP to their own internal studios and make the game based on their own IP. They don't need to give the IP to someone else, since they have many game studios with experience of making great and amazing games. If they made a contract with someone else to use their IP then, based on your analysis, they would have to give Frontier a share of the profit when they could simply make the game themselves and keep more of the profit.

That's an interesting point. I wonder if we might see a merge with Frontier and Sony then. Still with it known or not. Hoping for the possible sequel just to come about and implement more of the franchise in it. :)

That's an interesting point. I wonder if we might see a merge with Frontier and Sony then. Still with it known or not. Hoping for the possible sequel just to come about and implement more of the franchise in it. :)
SanctusLupus, you may have missed my point in what I said. The point I was making in the post was to say that that Major Global IP is NOT Sony based at all the reason is because of what I said in that post. Sony has many game studios with experience of making great games and so they wouldn't license their IP out to someone else when they can simply make it themselves and keep all the profit. That is not say they can't license their IP for small cameos like that Ghostbuster's pack in Planet Coaster because Sony wouldn't mind that. But, in terms of a full-fledged game with their IP, Sony would not license their product out to someone else especially since as I said they have their own game studios with amazing experience in making games that could make a full-fledged game based on the Sony IP and it would be very successful as they have proven with games like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider Man, etc.

My point was to show that the IP is actually likely the sequel to Jurassic World Evolution (JWE2) because of the evidence we have and the fact that the argument, to which I made that post doesn't make sense at all. The "Major Global IP" that Frontier is making based on all this IS NOT A SONY IP. Rather it seems it is likely the sequel to Jurassic World Evolution (JWE2).

SanctusLupus, you may have missed my point in what I said. The point I was making in the post was to say that that Major Global IP is NOT Sony based at all the reason is because of what I said in that post. Sony has many game studios with experience of making great games and so they wouldn't license their IP out to someone else when they can simply make it themselves and keep all the profit. That is not say they can't license their IP for small cameos like that Ghostbuster's pack in Planet Coaster because Sony wouldn't mind that. But, in terms of a full-fledged game with their IP, Sony would not license their product out to someone else especially since as I said they have their own game studios with amazing experience in making games that could make a full-fledged game based on the Sony IP and it would be very successful as they have proven with games like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider Man, etc.

My point was to show that the IP is actually likely the sequel to Jurassic World Evolution (JWE2) because of the evidence we have and the fact that the argument, to which I made that post doesn't make sense at all. The "Major Global IP" that Frontier is making based on all this IS NOT A SONY IP. Rather it seems it is likely the sequel to Jurassic World Evolution (JWE2).

oh, ok, that would be cool :)

Unfortunately, you would be wrong to a certain degree. I asked Bo Marit and she responded in a way that said unlimited creative freedom in regards to terrain and habitat creation would not be prevented by the Jurassic IP but it seems due to the engine that was used prevents that. I would even go to say unlimited creative freedom in genetics would not be prevented by the Jurassic IP.
I doubt that, if anything is preventing those additions it isn't the engine. Planet Zoo and jurassic world are on the same engine. the same modding methods, tools, and extractors work on both games because you only have to work around the engine.

I doubt that, if anything is preventing those additions it isn't the engine. Planet Zoo and jurassic world are on the same engine. the same modding methods, tools, and extractors work on both games because you only have to work around the engine.
PZ’s engine is much more advanced though, probably an updated form of JWE’s.

PZ’s engine is much more advanced though, probably an updated form of JWE’s.
No, it's literally the same lol. You can ask anyone working with the modding tools or check the data for both games yourself. Both games are on the cobra engine, asset extraction tools work the same for both games. That is only because they are on the same engine. Again, all of frontier's games these past few years have been on the cobra engine. Perhaps they are on later builds, but there's nothing about the engine preventing JWE from having features from PZ or planet Coaster, those are just differences in coding logic.

Last edited:
No, it's literally the same lol. You can ask anyone working with the modding tools or check the data for both games yourself. Both games are on the cobra engine, asset extraction tools work the same for both games. That is only because they are on the same engine. Again, all of frontier's games these past few years have been on the cobra engine. Perhaps they are on later builds, but there's nothing about the engine preventing JWE from having features from PZ or planet Coaster, those are just differences in coding logic.
Yeah, that’s what I meant. Later builds. But if they really meant to bring those features over, they would’ve done so by now.

No, it's literally the same lol. I've worked with the person who makes the mod tools for it. Both games are on the cobra engine, asset extraction tools work the same for both games. That is only because they are on the same engine.
Yeah, that’s what I meant. Later builds. But if they really meant to bring those features over, they would’ve done so by now.
As long as its understood that it isn't the engine stopping them from doing so, considering JWE would be on an even later build than planet coaster.

I actually do think in fact pz engine from what I’ve heard is a tweaked modified version. Basically the same engine but frontier has put money into little tweaks for multiple reasons. Frontier has mentioned this on planet coaster forums.

I actually do think in fact pz engine from what I’ve heard is a tweaked modified version. Basically the same engine but frontier has put money into little tweaks for multiple reasons. Frontier has mentioned this on planet coaster forums.
Such tweaks are likely bug or graphic/rendering related. You can dig through the files and even find the functionality for coasters left over from PC.
Think about the popularly requested features, none of them are engine related at all.
Dynamic hunting? Developer notes in the files reference a chase mechanic, and how the ability for herbivores to flee was not added because it makes it too hard for carnivores to catch them. More games have dynamic combat than don't, combat in general is an abstract enough concept that it shouldn't be hampered by any modern game engine in particular.
Advanced Terrain tools? Coaster already had them, planet coaster is older than JWE and coming to consoles later.
Instant hatching in sandbox? modders were able to add this with no bugs a mere month after JWE released, the engine isn't stopping anything
Babies? The only thing stopping them is the sheer number, otherwise it's just a spawning mechanic+a second set of models, which is exactly how it's handled in PZ which has more animals than JWE did at launch.

To assume that the engine is stopping any of these is to assume that frontier's game engine is significantly less capable than publicly available game engines.
It's also worth noting that there's not much reason for universal to care about any of these except for, potentially, mixed eras.
The more likely reasons are that the game logic most of the mechanics are already built on make it difficult to go back and edit them, frontier is busy doing other things right now. It's also possible that those features are held on the backburner for JWE2.

I could be wrong about this but I don’t expect to see a jwe2 anytime soon. I think more content will be added to this current edition. Also I wish I could find the post but people on planet coaster forums were asking for the same upgrades as planet zoo and frontier told them it was highly unlikely due to pz featuring a updated version of their cobra engine. Could be wrong but that’s just what I read. Both other titles to be honest have way more advanced ai and many more tasks to handle then jwe. It’s not even close.

Don’t get me wrong jwe is a great game I have the Xbox version. But a jwe2 will still follow a jwe style game. Kinda like frontier was limited to what they could do with zoo tycoon. Except jwe is hands down a better title. To get more like pz and pc I’d rather they did a planet prehistoric or something along them lines.

I think the best argument for a JWE2 is that JW3 releases during a different console generation, meaning there will be two new consoles that don't have access to JWE. There might not even be a major gameplay reason, it could be simply that universal commissioned a game to coincide with JW3

Such tweaks are likely bug or graphic/rendering related. You can dig through the files and even find the functionality for coasters left over mechanics are already built on make it difficult to go back and edit them, frontier is bus
Dynamic hunting? Developer notes in the files reference a chase mechanic, and how the ability for herbivores to flee was not added because it makes it too hard for carnivores to catch them.

I'm sorry, what ? Where and when was this found, you mind giving me a source, please ?

I'm sorry, what ? Where and when was this found, you mind giving me a source, please ?
Last month
Open up main.ovl with the available JWE modding tools and you will fine these lines among the code.

"This first pass only makes dinosaurs loop the alert anim until they satisfy enough of their survival need. Future versions should make a dinosaur flee while alert if a threat dinosaur comes near enough. We want to stop fleeing if we're chosen as a hunt target. Otherwise predator can't catch us! Note that if we're chosen to be in a fight or a social theatre, this will also cause to stop fleeing, which might or might not be desirable. But we think it's OK for now. "

Suggesting that a fleeing behavior was dismissed because it made it too hard for predators to reach prey.
When carnivores choose a prey animal to eat, that animal loses the ability to run away and is forced to stand still until it is approached and killed.
Originally found by Mjmannela

For the coasters, simply search for the word "Coaster" in JWE's content with a file searching app such as InfoRapid. You can find any word not hidden behind an OVL this way.
Closer to release there was even more leftover content, including a chatroom and a leaderboard setup.

Last edited:
Last month
Open up main.ovl with the available JWE modding tools and you will fine these lines among the code.

"This first pass only makes dinosaurs loop the alert anim until they satisfy enough of their survival need. Future versions should make a dinosaur flee while alert if a threat dinosaur comes near enough. We want to stop fleeing if we're chosen as a hunt target. Otherwise predator can't catch us! Note that if we're chosen to be in a fight or a social theatre, this will also cause to stop fleeing, which might or might not be desirable. But we think it's OK for now. "

Suggesting that a fleeing behavior was dismissed because it made it too hard for predators to reach prey.
When carnivores choose a prey animal to eat, that animal loses the ability to run away and is forced to stand still until it is approached and killed.
Originally found by Mjmannela

For the coasters, simply search for the word "Coaster" in JWE's content with a file searching app such as InfoRapid. You can find any word not hidden behind an OVL this way.
Closer to release there was even more leftover content, including a chatroom and a leaderboard setup.
Thanks mate !
That's insanely lazy, I can of a few solutions to that problem. The first that comes to mind would be stamina/endurance stats for the dinosaurs.
I'm quite disappointed that none of the real issues such as this have been addressed.

Will the dinosaur species' maximum population requirement be higher in the sequel than in the current game? It is possible that the new game will have new dinosaur species. In this current game, here is the combination of herbivores even with the cross-species adaptation gene:

Ornithomimids
  • 10 Struthiomimus
  • 5 Archaeornithomimus
  • 10 Gallimimus

Iguanodonts
  • 10 Dryosaurus
  • 5 Ouranosaurus
  • 5 Iguanodon

Hadrosaurs 1
  • 4 Corythosaurus
  • 4 Parasaurolophus
  • 4 Olorotitan
  • 4 Tsintaosaurus
  • 6 Muttaburrasaurus

Hadrosaurs 2
  • 4 Corythosaurus
  • 4 Parasaurolophus
  • 4 Olorotitan
  • 4 Tsintaosaurus
  • 4 Edmontosaurus
  • 4 Maiasaura

Stegosaurs
  • 5 Huayangosaurus
  • 5 Chungkingosaurus
  • 5 Kentrosaurus
  • 5 Stegosaurus

Pachycephalosaurs
  • 3 Homalocephale
  • 2 Dracorex
  • 4 Stygimoloch
  • 6 Pachycephalosaurus

Early Cretaceous Nodosaurs
  • 2 Polacanthus
  • 2 Sauropelta

Late Cretaceous Armored
  • 3 Nodosaurus
  • 3 Crichtonsaurus
  • 3 Euoplocephalus
  • 3 Ankylosaurus

Jurassic Sauropods
  • 4 Camarasaurus
  • 4 Apatosaurus
  • 4 Diplodocus
  • 4 Brachiosaurus
  • 3 Mamenchisaurus

Cretaceous Sauropods
  • 7 Nigersaurus
  • 2 Dreadnoughtus

Ceratopsians 1
  • 3 Styracosaurus
  • 3 Chasmosaurus
  • 5 Torosaurus
  • 5 Triceratops

Ceratopsians 2
  • 3 Sinoceratops
  • 3 Pentaceratops
  • 3 Nasutoceratops
  • 5 Triceratops

Will the dinosaur species' maximum population requirement be higher in the sequel than in the current game? It is possible that the new game will have new dinosaur species. In this current game, here is the combination of herbivores even with the cross-species adaptation gene:

Ornithomimids
  • 10 Struthiomimus
  • 5 Archaeornithomimus
  • 10 Gallimimus

Iguanodonts
  • 10 Dryosaurus
  • 5 Ouranosaurus
  • 5 Iguanodon

Hadrosaurs 1
  • 4 Corythosaurus
  • 4 Parasaurolophus
  • 4 Olorotitan