JWE 2

So. I can't remember what the current confirmed dino list is, but here's the dinos in the Dev Dairy that haven't previously been confirmed (not including the Game informer article). No surprises here, but whoever is managing the confirmed list, here you go.

Parasoroluphus (look closely, @Guilherme caught it)

Diplodocus (?)

Corythosaurus

Torosaraus

Chasmosaurus (in the pool, near the center of the terrain brush, and 2 on the upper left edge of the terrain brush)

Dracorex

Pachychephalosaurus

Raptor

The last three come with an important caveat: BestInSlot said he recognized these images as promotional images for JWE1 and I agree. That means Albertasaurus, Camarasaurus, and Nigersaurus may be placeholder images and not confirmed.
Everybody likes Diplodocus, but with confirmation of Dracorex, Chasmosaurus, and Torosaurus, not really popular with players, do you think that roster leak is correct or just a coincidence? Personally, I think it’s too ceratopsid heavy.

Everybody likes Diplodocus, but with confirmation of Dracorex, Chasmosaurus, and Torosaurus, not really popular with players, do you think that roster leak is correct or just a coincidence? Personally, I think it’s too ceratopsid heavy.
Until there are species field guides for some of the leaked animals, it’s probably for the best to take the leaked roster with a pinch of salt.

So. I can't remember what the current confirmed dino list is, but here's the dinos in the Dev Dairy that haven't previously been confirmed (not including the Game informer article). No surprises here, but whoever is managing the confirmed list, here you go.

Parasoroluphus (look closely, @Guilherme caught it)

Diplodocus (?)

Corythosaurus

Torosaraus

Chasmosaurus (in the pool, near the center of the terrain brush, and 2 on the upper left edge of the terrain brush)

Dracorex

Pachychephalosaurus

Raptor

The last three come with an important caveat: BestInSlot said he recognized these images as promotional images for JWE1 and I agree. That means Albertasaurus, Camarasaurus, and Nigersaurus may be placeholder images and not confirmed.

Pretty cool stuff, seems like a lot of the previous dinos are returning so far. Can't confirm but seems that way. Hoping all will return that will lessen any disappointment for any that are fans of certain animals. This was just a peek but there is a lot there to get some speculation and hopefully better understanding soon. Curious as to why the viewing in the aviaries are on the ground instead mid way up to have a better scope of viewing our pterosaurs. I really enjoy the skins and textures for the animals. I'm looking for some more of my favs as we get to see them. I am glad we were able to see the lagoon but still have a lot of questions with that and the aviaries. Are we going to be able to have tours within them? Will we be able to upgrade better viewing platforms? Will we have interactions, events and shows within them as well as with our other animals?

The customization is a lot better and definitely a bit more on the management side with guests and our employees. Hope that the behaviors and animations of our animals will be more varied and individualized a bit. Remain fresh and have a lot to offer in new content as well as re-playability.

To get more info in the coming weeks and months. There's a lot more to come with 75+ animals. I am curious if it could be as simple as giving all the ones we had in JWE and just adding new ones within the base game. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Definitely hopeful for this successor of JWE. Still waiting to see about events/breakouts and such that I am hoping are a bit more cinematic that are call backs to the franchise. :)

Wondering when we will see this chaos mode actually play out. If it is to play out "what ifs" within the movie franchise. I assume we will get a tropical biodome.

It's a possibility but as addressed. Till it is official, we don't know.

I get Dracorex and Torosaurus (they are pretty redundant and similar to more obvious additions, especially for their dig site--two ceratopsids and three pachycephalosaurs) but what's wrong with Chasmosaurus?

Sigh... this does make me worry the leaked list is true... not that it isn't impressive, but some of the choices are just... odd... ... ...and three of my favorites are among the cuts...

For those curious, the leak list here:
=Land=
  • Acrocanthosaurus
  • Albertosaurus
  • Allosaurus
  • Amargasaurus
  • Ankylosaurus
  • Baryonyx
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Camarasaurus
  • Carcharadontosaurus
  • Carnotaurus
  • Ceratosaurus
  • Chasmosaurus
  • Chungkingosaurus
  • Coelophysis
  • Compsognathus
  • Concavenator
  • Corythosaurus
  • Deinonychus
  • Dilong
  • Dilophosaurus
  • Diplodocus
  • Dracorex
  • Dryosaurus
  • Edmontosaurus
  • Einiosaurus
  • Euoplocephalus
  • Gallimimus
  • Herrerasaurus
  • Homalocephale
  • Huayangosaurus
  • Hypsilophodon
  • Indominus*
  • Indoraptor*
  • Kentrosaurus
  • Lambeosaurus
  • Maiasaura
  • Mamenchisaurus
  • Majungasaurus
  • Metriacanthosaurus
  • Microceratus
  • Muttaburrasaurus
  • Nasutoceratops
  • Nigersaurus
  • Pachycephalosaurus
  • Pachyrhinosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Pelecanimimus
  • Pentaceratops
  • Plateosaurus
  • Polacanthus
  • Proceratosaurus
  • Segisaurus
  • Sinoceratops
  • Spinosaurus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Struthiomimus
  • Stygimoloch
  • Styracosaurus
  • Suchomimus
  • Torosaurus
  • Triceratops
  • Troodon
  • Tsintaosaurus
  • Tyrannosaurus
  • Velociraptor
  • Wuerhosaurus
  • Yangchuanosaurus

=Aviary=
  • Alanqa
  • Cearadactylus
  • Dimorphodon
  • Dsungaripterus
  • Pteranodon
  • Tropeognathus

=Marine=
  • Dakosaurus
  • Elasmosaurus
  • Ichthyosaurus
  • Mosasaurus
  • Tylosaurus

=Absent/Canon=
  • Dreadnoughtus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Iguanodon
  • Ouranosaurus

=Absent/Non-Canon=
  • Ankylodocus*
  • Archaeornithomimus
  • Crichtonsaurus
  • Gigantspinosaurus
  • Nodosaurus
  • Olorotitan
  • Sauropelta
  • Spinoraptor*
  • Stegoceratops*

Last edited:
I noticed that nearly all the returning dinosaurs have the same models as the first game, so I wouldn't expect drastic remodels for any non-movie dinosaurs.

The in game footage looks pretty impressive. I like the buildings also. Would like to see a modular setup for jwe fans but this still looks pretty good honestly. Somewhat disappointed with the dinosaur skins but can’t properly give a opinion based on the limited footage seen here.

I get Dracorex and Torosaurus (they are pretty redundant and similar to more obvious additions, especially for their dig site--two ceratopsids and three pachycephalosaurs) but what's wrong with Chasmosaurus?

Sigh... this does make me worry the leaked list is true... not that it isn't impressive, but some of the choices are just... odd... ... ...and three of my favorites are among the cuts...

=Land=
  • Acrocanthosaurus
  • Albertosaurus
  • Allosaurus
  • Amargasaurus
  • Ankylosaurus
  • Baryonyx
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Camarasaurus
  • Carcharadontosaurus
  • Carnotaurus
  • Ceratosaurus
  • Chasmosaurus
  • Chungkingosaurus
  • Coelophysis
  • Compsognathus
  • Concavenator
  • Corythosaurus
  • Deinonychus
  • Dilong
  • Dilophosaurus
  • Diplodocus
  • Dracorex
  • Dryosaurus
  • Edmontosaurus
  • Einiosaurus
  • Euoplocephalus
  • Gallimimus
  • Herrerasaurus
  • Homalocephale
  • Huayangosaurus
  • Hypsilophodon
  • Indominus*
  • Indoraptor*
  • Kentrosaurus
  • Lambeosaurus
  • Maiasaura
  • Mamenchisaurus
  • Majungasaurus
  • Metriacanthosaurus
  • Microceratus
  • Muttaburrasaurus
  • Nasutoceratops
  • Nigersaurus
  • Pachycephalosaurus
  • Pachyrhinosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Pelecanimimus
  • Pentaceratops
  • Plateosaurus
  • Polacanthus
  • Proceratosaurus
  • Segisaurus
  • Sinoceratops
  • Spinosaurus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Struthiomimus
  • Stygimoloch
  • Styracosaurus
  • Suchomimus
  • Torosaurus
  • Triceratops
  • Troodon
  • Tsintaosaurus
  • Tyrannosaurus
  • Velociraptor
  • Wuerhosaurus
  • Yangchuanosaurus

=Aviary=
  • Alanqa
  • Cearadactylus
  • Dimorphodon
  • Dsungaripterus
  • Pteranodon
  • Tropeognathus

=Marine=
  • Dakosaurus
  • Elasmosaurus
  • Ichthyosaurus
  • Mosasaurus
  • Tylosaurus

=Absent/Canon=
  • Dreadnoughtus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Iguanodon
  • Ouranosaurus

=Absent/Non-Canon=
  • Ankylodocus*
  • Archaeornithomimus
  • Crichtonsaurus
  • Gigantspinosaurus
  • Nodosaurus
  • Olorotitan
  • Spinoraptor*
  • Stegoceratops*
If true, I hope the
"
=Absent/Canon=
  • Dreadnoughtus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Iguanodon
  • Ouranosaurus
Source: https://youtu.be/0oqFwPKTXj0

=Absent/Non-Canon=
  • Ankylodocus*
Source: https://youtu.be/Ya07p6AwnRo

• Archaeornithomimus
  • Crichtonsaurus
  • Gigantspinosaurus
  • Nodosaurus
Source: https://youtu.be/sMgIB-pvrQA

• Olorotitan
Source: https://youtu.be/0NibMI5-GLI

• Spinoraptor*
Source: https://youtu.be/ZwP05ewh4Jg

• Stegoceratops*" = Actually is canon. JW:
    1627187059171.png
Source: https://youtu.be/fMJWvfbEyZU

Come into the game somehow. No telling how the JWD will come into play when the movie is released. Might be a full DLC, who knows but hope we get the official word of what animals are making it into the base game. :)

Last edited:
No telling how the JWD will come into play when the movie is released. Might be a full DLC, who knows but hope we get the official word of what animals are making it into the base game. :)
We're you trying to put those under spoilers? Because if you were it didn't work...

The canon animals--at least the JWD ones--will probably be added as free DLC at some point, if the previous free DLC is anything to go by. Personally, I'm of the suspicion they'll hold a few JWE animals back to pad some of the DLC later on... sort of how we got the missing JPOG animals in DLC.

We're you trying to put those under spoilers? Because if you were it didn't work...

The canon animals--at least the JWD ones--will probably be added as free DLC at some point, if the previous free DLC is anything to go by. Personally, I'm of the suspicion they'll hold a few JWE animals back to pad some of the DLC later on... sort of how we got the missing JPOG animals in DLC.
If they don't change the models, that would seem a bit unusual. In terms of returning stuff I'd expect either being base game or just not coming back.

Also, Nodosaurus comes from the Frontier formation (Peay sandstone is a member), I have doubts that one's on the chopping block.

=Land=
  • Acrocanthosaurus
  • Albertosaurus
  • Allosaurus
  • Amargasaurus
  • Ankylosaurus
  • Baryonyx
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Camarasaurus
  • Carcharadontosaurus
  • Carnotaurus
  • Ceratosaurus
  • Chasmosaurus
  • Chungkingosaurus
  • Coelophysis
  • Compsognathus
  • Concavenator
  • Corythosaurus
  • Deinonychus
  • Dilong
  • Dilophosaurus
  • Diplodocus
  • Dracorex
  • Dryosaurus
  • Edmontosaurus
  • Einiosaurus
  • Euoplocephalus
  • Gallimimus
  • Herrerasaurus
  • Homalocephale
  • Huayangosaurus
  • Hypsilophodon
  • Indominus*
  • Indoraptor*
  • Kentrosaurus
  • Lambeosaurus
  • Maiasaura
  • Mamenchisaurus
  • Majungasaurus
  • Metriacanthosaurus
  • Microceratus
  • Muttaburrasaurus
  • Nasutoceratops
  • Nigersaurus
  • Pachycephalosaurus
  • Pachyrhinosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Pelecanimimus
  • Pentaceratops
  • Plateosaurus
  • Polacanthus
  • Proceratosaurus
  • Segisaurus
  • Sinoceratops
  • Spinosaurus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Struthiomimus
  • Stygimoloch
  • Styracosaurus
  • Suchomimus
  • Torosaurus
  • Triceratops
  • Troodon
  • Tsintaosaurus
  • Tyrannosaurus
  • Velociraptor
  • Wuerhosaurus
  • Yangchuanosaurus

=Aviary=
  • Alanqa
  • Cearadactylus
  • Dimorphodon
  • Dsungaripterus
  • Pteranodon
  • Tropeognathus

=Marine=
  • Dakosaurus
  • Elasmosaurus
  • Ichthyosaurus
  • Mosasaurus
  • Tylosaurus

=Absent/Canon=
  • Dreadnoughtus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Iguanodon
  • Ouranosaurus

=Absent/Non-Canon=
  • Ankylodocus*
  • Archaeornithomimus
  • Crichtonsaurus
  • Gigantspinosaurus
  • Nodosaurus
  • Olorotitan
  • Spinoraptor*
  • Stegoceratops*
You forgot Sauropelta which is also absent on the leaked list.

Things are looking good so far and I'm looking forwards to seeing more in the future.

Though, am I the only one who hopes for more, much stronger looking fences? Something with double rows of steel bars and cables etc. and less space inbetween them as well as a higher, more solid concrete base. Because right now I feel like all the fences we've seen so far look barely strong enough to hold back a medium sized herbivore let alone a rampaging T-Rex...

If they don't change the models, that would seem a bit unusual. In terms of returning stuff I'd expect either being base game or just not coming back.
That would be disappointing... there are several on the rumored not returning list I'd figure would be essential... certainly more so than certain returning ones, both confirmed and rumored...

Also, Nodosaurus comes from the Frontier formation (Peay sandstone is a member), I have doubts that one's on the chopping block.
Uhh... why? Isn't Nodosaurus the only animal from that formation? Which makes it very hard to add to a scientifically accurate mixed exhibit. Throw in the fact that its remains are very fragmentary--it's up there with Hadrosaurus and Agathaumas in terms of "we know what it is, but we don't know what it looked like"--and that there are better known nodosaurs from more populated formations to choose from and I'd figure Nodosaurus would be among the first to go.

You forgot Sauropelta which is also absent on the leaked list.
Weird... I thought I added that one...

Last edited:
Uhh... why? Isn't Nodosaurus the only animal from that formation? Which makes it very hard to add to a scientifically accurate mixed exhibit. Throw in the fact that its remains are very fragmentary--it's up there with Hadrosaurus and Agathaumas in terms of "we know what it is, but we don't know what it looked like"--and there are better known nodosaurs to choose from and I'd figure Nodosaurus would be among the first to go.
Technically not alone, there's another Nodosaurid there. From an objective perspective, it hasn't got that much going for it I suppose (considering there's only 3 fairly distinct Nodosaurs from JWE1, it doesn't really sound like the group to cut from if you're mostly going to reuse models).

I just think it unlikely Frontier wouldn't want Frontier formation in the next game, regardless of the popularity of Nodosaurus (they went out of their way for it in the first place, otherwise it'd be Borealopelta).

Top Bottom