JWE 2

And there it is!
Was curious if it would and it did :) Glad to see some gameplay and have a release date. Still have questions but more hinted at it seems. Still have some debugging and polish in the beta stage so I'm curious how much it will impress from now to launch. A pretty good job so far :)

Last edited:
Even funnier considering Frontier is based in England, near Cambridge
What do you think of the pre order and deluxe?

1629947545026.png

I'm glad to have the Huayangosaurus as it is one of my JWE favs. Still curious about the rest of the base roster.

I'm glad to have the Huayangosaurus as it is one of my JWE favs. Still curious about the rest of the base roster.
What I love about the Huayangosaurus are their adorable looks and sounds. I've always liked mixing them in a dense forested enclosure with a herd the other two Chinese stegosaurs in my "test" enclosures on Nublar, all with their 6 color patterns because they blend in so well together, an idea I plan to have in my Isla Muerta dream park in JWE1's campaign one day. Here, I'm not sure just yet in regards to park placement, but I do want to see them in action in this game.

For the preorder and deluxe my main thought is: At least I didn't get an ugly orange helicopter/jeep colouring!
I really like the 2 sets of vehicle skins this time around. That's if I still get them, my partner beat me to it and gifted me the game, so I hope I still get the preorder bonuses. it's fine either way.

What do you think of the pre order and deluxe?

Huayangosaurus being the only old dino in Deluxe is more than a little weird, I feel just being 4 new animals might've been more appropriate, considering there's a few other things included.

Otherwise it's fairly as expected, animals that are similar to ones in base game for shared animations (Attenborosaurus might be an exception, but I feel like it probably isn't)

The 1997 inspired skins are decent, it's sort of borderline on being fair to those late to the party (if there's more stuff like it in future, it's not an issue at all), but it is good that it's universal across the platforms this time.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Did someone say gameplay stream...?

Cearadactylus is nice, it's got a pretty clear Caulkicephalus influence. I'm sure the many patriotic Brazilians will be happy with it and Tropeognathus.

It really is an explosion of knowledge this week, and it's probably not even over, with the catch-up Stream ahead of us.

Ichthyosaurus? Awesome. Now all I need are Microceratus and Hypsilophodon, small herbivores from the novel that would make good company for the Triceratops, Parasaurolophus, and Corythosaurus. How do you like my idea of Jurassic Park? I’m gonna have the classics, but I hope I still have good balance.
Tyrannosaurus
Megalosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Velociraptor
Compsognathus
Gallimimus
Brachiosaurus
Apatosaurus
Stegosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Triceratops
Microceratus
Hypsilophodon
Corythosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Geosternbergia
Ichthyosaurus

What I love about the Huayangosaurus are their adorable looks and sounds. I've always liked mixing them in a dense forested enclosure with a herd the other two Chinese stegosaurs in my "test" enclosures on Nublar, all with their 6 color patterns because they blend in so well together, an idea I plan to have in my Isla Muerta dream park in JWE1's campaign one day. Here, I'm not sure just yet in regards to park placement, but I do want to see them in action in this game.
I enjoy them as well placing them along with my stego and kentro. Wonder if we would get Tuojiangosaurus and/or Wuerhosaurus? Seems we are going to get most if not all the animals from JWE eventually.

Everyone outside of the US: "Wow, the 11th of September, so close."
So it releases in November instead? Good to know. Was a bit sad because I probably wouldn'tve been able to pre-order it. I really want those 1997 Vehicle Skins. Hope I'll be able to get it then. I really wish that it will be possible for everyone at some Point to buy them anyways because those are way too awesome to be only available for a limited Time.

Ichthyosaurus? Awesome. Now all I need are Microceratus and Hypsilophodon, small herbivores from the novel that would make good company for the Triceratops, Parasaurolophus, and Corythosaurus. How do you like my idea of Jurassic Park? I’m gonna have the classics, but I hope I still have good balance.
Tyrannosaurus
Megalosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Velociraptor
Compsognathus
Gallimimus
Brachiosaurus
Apatosaurus
Stegosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
Triceratops
Microceratus
Hypsilophodon
Corythosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Geosternbergia
Ichthyosaurus
Not only Dinosaurs that were only in the Book would be nice but also Novel Skins. I've never read the Book but I know that the Dilophosaurus had a awesome Leopard like Pattern there

So it releases in November instead? Good to know. Was a bit sad because I probably wouldn'tve been able to pre-order it. I really want those 1997 Vehicle Skins. Hope I'll be able to get it then. I really wish that it will be possible for everyone at some Point to buy them anyways because those are way too awesome to be only available for a limited Time.

Not only Dinosaurs that were only in the Book would be nice but also Novel Skins. I've never read the Book but I know that the Dilophosaurus had a awesome Leopard like Pattern there
Yeah, 9th of November is the release date, they want to give as many people as possible a reason to buy at full price (not that it's going to be on sale for at least 6 months). (They've got 100 AUD out of me for the PS Deluxe edition)

Comparing side by side, I'm pretty sure it's the same model, were it a significantly different model it would not be as much of an issue.

I'm sure it'll have a few unique anims, but it's not something you can factor in yet (though that seems like a selling point they'd talk about).

It sets a precedent for future DLC, assuming there's still missing dinos from JWE1.
Based on the images, the Huayangosaurus may be more accurately sized this time. I do agree it sets an unsettling precedent; charging extra for returning animals... but honestly, I was kind of expecting it...

I know it is just 1 dino out of 5 animals, and we get a little more then just the dinosaurs (and reptiles) this time and since I said in the past that this is the most I would accept for paid returning dinos I'll stick to it -- so long as it is 5 dinosaurs/reptiles I'd grumpily set 1 returning dinosaur as fine so long as the other 4 are brand new or it comes with more then just dinosaurs. Which is what happened here for the deluxe pack. I don't like it but I got over it, at least it gives more of a chance for me to get all the old dinosaurs back I guess.
Sadly It looks exactly the same to me, regardless of a possible size thing (which could just be the foliage changes not the dinosaur itself too), unlike the baryonyx I saw no differences personally. I hope this doesn't set a precedent for them though.

Top Bottom