Parks Kaleidoscope Piers

Thanks, guys! Good eye, Robert! In the blank area near the end of the central Pier I plan to build some nautical-themed kiddie rides (fake ones). I already put in KPJ's Big Apple... I themed it as a killer whale. I'm planning boats, dune buggies, sea planes, a mini swinging ship, a lighthouse-themed frog hopper... and I'll relocate my Whirlyrig wheel ride there...and maybe a mini chair swing... Etc.

As for the spot between the East Pier (the left one) and the Central Pier, I am indeed saving that spot for one more darkride... And yup... It's a classic Tracy-style ride called Spooky Shack. I've only barely started testing ideas for it. There's a spot left on the West Pier too... not sure about that spot yet. I need to squeeze in an arcade so it might go there... I also need lots more food and drink vendors and shops... Do I'll be filling up every nook and cranny. I really hope we get something I can use in whatever summer DLC or update we get.

And yeah, Evolution... I really want a Chairlift ride! More than anything. I'd find a way to fit it in... Either down the length of one or more of the Piers or maybe connect the seaward ends with it. Ha ha!

Last edited:
I really hope Frontier adds more kiddie and family rides with the next DLC or update. A chairlift would be a great fit. Keep up the great work Fisherman. Like I said before your pier reminds me of Morey's Pier in Wildwood NJ.

Did you see this? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1346918692&searchtext=Whacky
714C68ED42335FE1917596B60C0BF9D155BE1C79
Is yours going to be something like that? That one is Whacky Shack but yours is going to be Spooky Shack. Is it going to be one floor or two?

Last edited:
OOOO...I haven't seen that one yet! It looks great! Yeah mine will be similar...also based on Waldameer's...which this one seems to be based on too. [big grin] My exterior at least...I plan to do my own thing inside, but try to stay true to the Tracy style.

Last edited:
The guy also made a Bill Tracy Haunted House from Ocean City, MD and some other ones. They’re not 100% accurate inside but close. Another guy made a few things from the defunct Hunt’s Pier in Wildwood, NJ. I used his Whacky Shack facade and built the building in the back. Hunt’s had a one level Whacky Shack built in 1964, same year the OC, MD Haunted House was built. The one on Hunt’s was removed early 1996 during the remodeling into Dinosaur Beach by new owners who leased the pier in 1995. It was renamed Hunt’s Horror in 1989 with a new paint job on the outside with some different colors. It was SBNO in 1995 with the Golden Nugget, Log Flume, and Rapids. Dino Beach reopened the Nugget, Flume, and Rapids with dinosaur themes. Dino Beach closed Sept 1998 and the pier was bought by Morey’s in 1999. The Nugget was SBNO for several years and is now Black Diamond at Knoebels. The Flume was donated to Arnold’s Park in Iowa in 2001.

That park is absolutely amazing... I just went through all the posts and watched the development of this amazing project. You are a genius in themeing rides and putting them in scene... some on that pier are among the best I've seen. I absolutely love the hotel and the entrance part, its so realistic![happy]

A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop

What I really like on the Pier Idea is, that you can build so many different things in different styles and you don't need to have a look that the theming match the environement around. Clever idea. [yesnod]

Is there a tutorial on how to make a Boardwalk in Planet Coaster? I can't seem to make a Boardwalk like yours Fisherman. I can't seem to get the paths right.

I think I started with lowering the land to make the beach...and I made sort of a seawall. Then I made my entire pier's path all on one path grid. Then I used the modern wood flat roof as the pier itself and raised it just above the level of the path. That way I can have different path railings without the path showing through. And I used the wood frame square as the supports.

The design of this latest coaster is simply breathtaking and easily among the best I've ever seen!!!! I'll be using this all over the place - 1,000,000 thanks!

I think I started with lowering the land to make the beach...and I made sort of a seawall. Then I made my entire pier's path all on one path grid. Then I used the modern wood flat roof as the pier itself and raised it just above the level of the path. That way I can have different path railings without the path showing through. And I used the wood frame square as the supports.

Thank you for the tips

Top Bottom