Keelback just received some love on the store...

sigh. :(

One of those times when I'd prefer to have nothing and be able to hope for something good in the future rather than get something halfassed and know, for certain, that's all I'm ever going to have.

The Keelback ship-kit should definitely have included a big radar dish that fits to the top, somewhere on the left-hand side.
How could FDev miss this glaringly obvious concept?

I just noticed, I'm tempted but don't get a chance to fly my Keelback as much as I like so I shouldn't splurge on a paintjob. It was one of those ships I skipped over at first but went back to once I got VR and had to own everything, so I spent a week just using the Keelback and ended up really liking it.

Mine is G5'd up, and I waffle between wanting to keep it how it is so ya gotta deal with its limitations, and wishing it had a lil' extra oomph to make it more functional. It's just too sluggish and can't really hold much cargo if you're using a SLF (and not much even without), but the limitations are still fun when I'm in the mood and I like to use it as my carrier when I take a SLF out canyon running. I also really like how it looks and I'm a sucker for the canopy.

I also wish the ship kit was better, I'd maybe splurge on that even if I don't use the ship much IF it had some nice pieces. I wish Frontier offered something like an "Explorer's Kit" that added antenna and radar dishes and doodads all over, I'd like that on a few of the ships to spice it up... trying to make the Keelback "sportier" like its current ship kit seems to try to do just doesn't work for me, unless someone is using things like the giant spoiler to be funny.

Last edited:
I also wish the ship kit was better, I'd maybe splurge on that even if I don't use the ship much IF it had some nice pieces. I wish Frontier offered something like an "Explorer's Kit" that added antenna and radar dishes and doodads all over, I'd like that on a few of the ships to spice it up... trying to make the Keelback "sportier" like its current ship kit seems to try to do doesn't fit work for me, unless someone is using things like the giant spoiler to be funny.

See, I keep saying this.

As well as offering ship-kits, why not also offer "Greeble kits", with a variety of tanks, antennas, dishes, hoses, widgets, lumps, bumps and doodads?

I know what you're thinking; "Ahh, but it'd be really hard to design them so every greeble would fit somewhere on every ship".
The answer is really simple: Just let us place them manually.
Show us the ship then let us drag & drop stuff wherever we want it, as well as offering basic functions such as mirror, rotate and align.
That way, if anything clipped or looked weird, it'd be our own fault.

Last edited:
See, I keep saying this.

As well as offering ship-kits, why not also offer "Greeble kits", with a variety of tanks, antennas, dishes, hoses, widgets, lumps, bumps and doodads?

I know what you're thinking; "Ahh, but it'd be really hard to design them so every greeble would fit somewhere on every ship".
The answer is really simple: Just let us place them manually.
Show us the ship then let us drag & drop stuff wherever we want it, as well as offering basic functions such as mirror and align.
That way, if anything clipped or looked weird, it'd be our own fault.

It's like you read my mind!

EDIT: I bought the Krait and Python Raider Kits for the tanks and bypass tubes alone, I'd love more of that sort of thing. For me the spikes are dumb so I don't use them, but I love me some doodads. I think my Python looks good, but the Krait being so wide means the pieces are too far apart and it just needs more "stuff" on it for the Raider kit. If we had radars and antennas and could put more junk on it though...!

Doh, i just posted that too. So much for the search function. 😂
We like those liquorice all sorts colours. ...... 🤮

Flimley

Never owned a Keely. Might have to try one some day.

Just to pick up on this (and moan some more)....

I really like the Keelback 'cos, to me, it's ED's "tramp freighter".
Trouble is, it's so far from being useful that it's just not funny.
It's competing (in a game where credits mean almost nothing) with the Python and the Krait.

If it was a small-pad ship and FDev created some gameplay specific to small-pad ships, it'd probably be one of my favourite ships.
As things are, it's sitting in Tionisla along with my Adder, my Clipper and my AspS.

^^ this is true. I bought a keelback once and really wanted to do something with it. But couldn’t. Even the type 6 was better because storage.

Flimley

Don't believe me? Go look :)

https://www.frontierstore.net/game-extras/elite-dangerous-game-extras.html

Never owned a Keely. Might have to try one some day.
I didn't believe you, so I took a look o_O

They really struggled to find something worthy to fit to the ship in the ship kit, didn't they? It's like ... well stick a fin here ... no on there .... no that's not right .... oh well, put them all together :confused:

I have a Keelback, did a lot of those "land at base and scan" missions with it. Isinona is using one in his latest video, using the SLF to good advantage. (Could this be why they have rushed out the paint jobs for it ?)

The basic steel grey of the ship works well with its utilitarian blandness. I might buy the pack with the pink paint, just to look outrageous ..... but only when it is on special offer.
:)

On a vaguely related note, are the Annie "Horus" and "Operator" paint packs new?

The "Horus" paint always looks good on any ship.
Not sure about the "Operator" paint.
It appears to be a rehash of the camo' paint pack with added DeLacey logos. 🤨

On a vaguely related note, are the Annie "Horus" and "Operator" paint packs new?

The "Horus" paint always looks good on any ship.
Not sure about the "Operator" paint.
It appears to be a rehash of the camo' paint pack with added DeLacey logos. 🤨
Operator was last week, I think. Horus...not sure, but it's been there a while.

Top Bottom