Keep Galatic Anomalies Petition!

... As for planets clipping through each other, apart from stability issues for the client, this is clearly non-physical. ...
The problem is, you're only "fixing" this one and leaving dozens of others, perhaps hundreds still undiscovered. This makes it feel arbitrary. This place has become a gathering place and a pilgrimage for some. We've been tracking it for two years now.
To kill this one after almost two years and leave so many others means you have a problem with this one in particular, not just the fact that this happens sometimes. You'll never be able to get ALL of them, you just want to kill the ones that people visit regularly.

If you really want to fix it, give the rendering engine the ability for the moons to break up on impact. That adds the realism and gives us a reason to visit to watch one last time.

Last edited:
The first is when an issue causes problems for other Commanders. This includes issues such as game crashes, or being kicked to the main menu. We also fix issues where there is an obvious rendering problem, which can end up being tremendously unpleasant.

Difficult to argue with that :) But still those pink gas giants looked awesome, sad to see them go.

Long running performance due to end shortly.

MPW-28234

Sequel "When Worlds Get Nudged" due Q4 2018.

;)

I am fine with removing things that obviously cause major issues, like planets clipping into eachother, which could conceivably lead into something very strange like your ship suddenly exploding.

However i do not like the removal of the bright pink gas giants. They were very rare in the first place, do not actually cause any harm to you, and you would only ever see them if you specifically wanted to.
Being glowing bright and featureless is not all that unrealistic. After all, something that close to a neutron star would get heated extremely hot, if not (relatively) quickly destroyed.

Having no visible surface features on the gas giant, if anything, is actually pretty realistic. After all, we have two exact planets just like that in our own solar system! Neptune, and especially Uranus, look kind of plain compared to Saturn and Jupiter. Despite this, the vast majority of gas giants in the game have giant, wild, visible storm systems like Jupiter, so i personally feel like these pink gas giants brought both something unique and weird, and also something the game is missing.

It does feel sad to me when innocent and interesting bugs like this are totally removed. I think there is definitely a fine line between "believably fun" and "boringly realistic", and that removing pink gas giants is pushing things a little towards boringly realistic.
I can absolutely believe that there's gas giants being boiled by neutron stars, with some kind of compound being formed that makes the light scorching pink.
But not that moons can somehow clip through each other.

/signed

It's a galaxy full queer things, and the anomalies in the stellar forge should stay. Hell once we start exploring the universe for real, we might find reality even more peculiar than we can imagine!!

Greetings CMDRs!
In the recent beta notes FDev have indicated that they will be addressing elements of the Stellar Forge that have resulted in a range of galactic anomalies like planets that collide or very brightly coloured gas giants.

There are some very well known and popular examples:

Pink Marshmallow
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/23023198/name/Theau+Pri+FB-W+e2-25

Blua Hypa Glowing Green Giant
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/2540167/name/Blua+Hypa+HT-F+d12-1226

Sword of Damocles
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/13944236/name/Kyloasly+DA-A+f69

I’d like to ask you all to please support me in asking FDev to leave them in the game. I recognise that they are anomalous and for some are immersion breakers, but for many they are a sight to see, a thing that takes players away from what they do most of the time to visit them. In some cases - Autumn Odyssey for example - player driven events are organised around their existence. I think they are an asset to the game and the community who have, in many cases worked quite hard to find the one’s we know about.

If you agree that they should be retained please reply to this thread with /signed

Thank you o7

Though I agree with your suggestion; I've looked at every post in this thread and as you requested by your sentence which reads "If you agree that they should be retained please reply to this thread with /signed". I've not been successful in finding anyone named / signed. Whom ever he/she or it happens to be.

Hey all!

Hi Commanders,

There are a couple of reasons why we have to fix bugs in the game. The first is when an issue causes problems for other Commanders. This includes issues such as game crashes, or being kicked to the main menu.

Thank you for responding! It is good to know that some if the weirdness will remain. But if we are addressing fixes to planetary issues causing issues for cmdrs. Is there any update or fix to the ps4 cmdrs not being able to have more than two cmdrs on a surface at one time. This has killed some activities for me and others. Although we find other ways to entertain ourselves 😎it would be nice to once again have multiple srvs on the surface for races and exploration. Thanks for all your hard work and addressing.

Top Bottom