Keeper habitat suggestions - traversable area/moving through doors

Hi, I have a couple of suggestions for keeper movement in habitats:

1) Add a heatmap for keeper traversable area in a habitat, so it is easier to see where the keeper can and cannot go in the habitat. It's quite time-consuming to keep testing the keeper's movement and wait for animals to get hungry again etc if you have to make changes and check again,

2) Make keepers/staff in general able to walk through closed doors within habitats. As I understand it, guests can walk through doors on guest paths, but the same does not seem to be true for keepers within habitats. I had a large orangutan habitat with walls and a guest path running through it (under an animal overpass/bridge) and made an open doorway (standard wall grid piece with door-shaped hole) between an indoor and outdoor area within the habitat. I wanted the keeper to be able to walk through the doorway to access the outdoor habitat area as they could not use the animal overpass. It worked when I left the doorway open, but when I covered the hole with a door and some trim, the keeper could no longer move through it. tl;dr Ideally I would like a way to allow a keeper to walk through a doorway in a habitat, while still blocking it from the animal, ideally with a door piece to 'close' it off.

Huh that's interesting, I have been covering my habitat entries with the non-moving doors. Personally I find the gates ugly and hiding them is easy, when they open they clip through my "door" but meh better than looking at the actual gate all the time. My keepers walk through them just fine though; same as the guests.

Huh that's interesting, I have been covering my habitat entries with the non-moving doors. Personally I find the gates ugly and hiding them is easy, when they open they clip through my "door" but meh better than looking at the actual gate all the time. My keepers walk through them just fine though; same as the guests.

Interesting... the door pieces I am talking about having issues with aren't over habitat gates or paths though, maybe that's the difference. Some pictures to demonstrate... both walls with door shaped holes. The open one is fine but the closed one can't be walked through.

open-door.jpg
blocked-door.jpg

Separately, I have put some trim over my habitat gate and that hasn't affected access, which I think sounds similar to what you are referring to.

Yeah this was recently discussed in another thread. I was under the impression that it worked but as it happened I was remembering wrong. In my case I tried to built a raised hard shelter for my lemurs that they could access via climbing equipment, and for the keepers I built a ramp with a door at the top, but as you say it didn't work as they couldn't clip through it.

Yeah this was recently discussed in another thread. I was under the impression that it worked but as it happened I was remembering wrong. In my case I tried to built a raised hard shelter for my lemurs that they could access via climbing equipment, and for the keepers I built a ramp with a door at the top, but as you say it didn't work as they couldn't clip through it.

That's weird, I never tried using it in enclosure and not connected to paths. It's weird that keepers suddenly have hitboxes when inside an enclosure.

Top Bottom