Keepers can't keep up with hunger

Hey, I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there is an issue with the feeding.

I know the keepers will first fill the Enrichment items and later the food bowls if that is still necessary. But I have about 40 Flamingo's and they are always starving. The keepers will fill their bowls, the flamingo's run to it and eat it all. Then they will be happy for a little bit and be starving again. My keepers only fill the bowls again when at least 2 have died. I have 4 keepers in a workzone with a large keeper hut, a large staff room and the flamingo habitat. The keeper hut and staff room are right in front of the habitat gate so the distance shouldn't be an issue. And those 4 keepers are the only ones using this keeper hut and staff room (my other keepers have different workzones with different keeper huts etc.). I also have too many feeding bowls and enrichment since my keepers don't fill them all.

Am I missing something? Because I wanted a habitat with almost 100 flamingo's, but it really feels impossible now.

Maybe you need more than 4 keepers? 40 is a lot of animals. Have you tried assigning keepers to specific jobs; keepers that only feed, ones that only clean & tend?

Maybe you need more than 4 keepers? 40 is a lot of animals. Have you tried assigning keepers to specific jobs; keepers that only feed, ones that only clean & tend?

I didn't assign specific jobs (how do you do that?), but I noticed no change with 1 or 4 keepers. It is still only 1 who feeds them 1 time per month and that is not enough.

As far as I'm aware... Only 1 keeper can actively be feeding at a time... Not sure if it's a bug or intended but i also had a large enclosure with 30 animals and 4+ keepers assigned to it... Only one keeper at a time would feed them... So I had to cut the enclosure into different sections :(

I too have a large flamingo habitat with over 70 flamingos in it. What I found is that it is most probably not the keepers fault that animals are hungry. I rather think the game can't handle all these animals wanting to do the same thing (eat) at the same time. What helped a bit in my case was to distribute the feeders more evenly across the habitat, so that ways are shorter for the animals. I think the animals will then also distribute themselves more evenly between the feeders and the game is less likely to produce this error.

Be sure to have enough Keeper Huts for simultaneous feeding. Otherwise, even an army of keepers will need to stand by and wait for an available station to prepare food. I found that Work Zones help out tremendously from a resource management perspective. Using this method, one can more easily zero in on problems. So if flamingos (in their work zone) are consistently hungry, you know it's not the fault of the rhino work zone and their respective keepers and huts.

Also, check your keepers happiness and energy. They'll work better when those attributes are up.

Top Bottom