Key bindings and cocpit menus (newly a VR player)

Hello commanders!

I came back to playing Elite after quite a long break (approx 2 years)... I play with Vive VR headset. I use a keyboard and joystick (old habits, I just cant get used to hotas)

Ingame cocpit menus have changed significantly, but IMHO they are still lacking in a way. Especially in VR, I find it very immersive, that I can deploy cargo scoop, landing gear, lights etc. within righthandside menu.
I would very much like to have such option for most key bindings (if applicable). ESPECIALLY cocpit mode change should be manageble via a menu.

A very lovely change is the information about amount of given item in materials or cargo directly at the "target" hologram. I find this very very usefull. I remmember looking in that milion miles long list to obtain this information in the righthandside menu... Also one can read much more information about modules etc...

I would very much like these to be added to a cocpit menu:
  • J keybind (engage hyperdrive)... I found in navigation menu, that I can initiate jump via that, but simple "engage hyperdrive / exit supercruise" button is missing (or have I not found it yet?)
  • M keybind (change cocpit mode)
  • switch between turret / cocpit in SRV

Great job Frontier, you have improved the game a lot in these 2 years!

Karlos

Top Bottom