Keyboard on Xbox? when?

Given the compatibility of the keyboard and mouse on the console is there any news that its use has been implemented on this game or do we have to resign ourselves?

Given the compatibility of the keyboard and mouse on the console is there any news that its use has been implemented on this game or do we have to resign ourselves?

It is up to the developers whether they want to implement mouse and keyboard support into their games. Unfortunately we don't yet know if Frontier plans to do it or not.

It is up to the developers whether they want to implement mouse and keyboard support into their games. Unfortunately we don't yet know if Frontier plans to do it or not.
I understand I hope it is confirmed sooner or later

I believe its up to MS/Sony to allow it first.
I would think FDev asked already when the console versions were in talks before release and it's to do with getting the consolemaker's permissions.
I'm guessing of course. Might just be too complex for current systems?

I believe its up to MS/Sony to allow it first.
I would think FDev asked already when the console versions were in talks before release and it's to do with getting the consolemaker's permissions.
I'm guessing of course. Might just be too complex for current systems?
Microsoft already enabled official support for XBOX KB and M a while ago. But it's up to game developers to actually implement it.

I'm in total agreement, and I know several Xbox One players that would love fully functional keyboard mapping option in the game. I'm relatively certain there's many more players that would want this as well.
Elite: Dangerous is a very in depth game. There's so many options for control of your ship/SRV that the ability to "hot key" is truly needed.
Instead, Xbox One players have to choose options that best suit what they use the most (based on their particular gameplay style: Combat, Trade, Exploration). This tends to leave those that like doing the multipurpose roles having to simply "deal with it."

It is my understanding that Microsoft has enabled mouse and keyboard support. I'm asking that Frontier please look into the possibility of allowing the console users to partake in this option.

Thank you.
o7

This whole lack of kB support is exactly the reason I am buying a PC next and touching the Series X.

MS dropped the ball on the XB1 and games such as Elite simply play better on PC.

1. VR
2. Proper HOTAS
3. Better emmmmmmerssion (Yamiks)

This whole lack of kB support is exactly the reason I am buying a PC next and touching the Series X.

MS dropped the ball on the XB1 and games such as Elite simply play better on PC.

1. VR
2. Proper HOTAS
3. Better emmmmmmerssion (Yamiks)

I must have misunderstood, then.
If the consoles has M&K capability now, isn't it up to the developers of games to allow the functionality of said games?

I must have misunderstood, then.
If the consoles has M&K capability now, isn't it up to the developers of games to allow the functionality of said games?
Yep XBOX allways had K&M keybinding support in games long before microsoft decided they would take a kick back from a Keyboard maker and add a SDK version by default to enable...
Other games had keyboard remapping long before elite dangerous was even in beta on Xbox its allways been up to the developer to add it...

Microsofts only interest is now based on license fee per the official keyboard sales they will now get and they can push adverts for the Official build at every owner with their deal..

The lack of kB that works with ED has been the greatest disappointment.

It is one of the reasons I am going PC next (no I don't mean it in a political sence).

I am saving up for a decent rig that will do decent VR out of the box. That's where the fun us, what what.

Bloody MS, bloody FD, your losers, you hear, Bally well losers.

Rant over and back to the norm.

Port and Cigars anyone, hmmmmm?

No, well I guess it's all for me, what what.

Tatty bye

The lack of kB that works with ED has been the greatest disappointment.

It is one of the reasons I am going PC next (no I don't mean it in a political sence).

I am saving up for a decent rig that will do decent VR out of the box. That's where the fun us, what what.

Bloody MS, bloody FD, your losers, you hear, Bally well losers.

Rant over and back to the norm.

Port and Cigars anyone, hmmmmm?

No, well I guess it's all for me, what what.

Tatty bye
Ironically, I have ed on pc and have just bought it on my xbox one x to enjoy 4k graphics instead of melting 800 quid on a graphics card. I had forgotten how hard it is to start again. Lol. Now my game looks as good as it sounds..

Top Bottom